M&S bank

Comments

• djpailo
    djpailo Posts: 550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Mannanan wrote: »
    Opened mine just for the 6% saver which is now looking a smart move along with my HSBC and FD ones. Like others, would never have it as my main account as the secure key thing drives me mad. The £100 gift card was a bonus and yes, you can spend it online. I spent it all on alcohol and had it delivered to my door. Lazy but nice.

I had an application accepted too. Do you have to ring them to switch?
  • Mannanan
    Mannanan Posts: 34 Forumite
    I seem to remember I had to phone to make the switch after I had opened my 1st Current Account online. However, I had to wait until the switch date was completed before I could apply for the Regular Saver and that could only be done by phoning them on, or after, the switch date.
  • Blue_Max
    Blue_Max Posts: 725 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 August 2016 at 2:11PM
    First Direct for example give switching bonus only to new customers.
    No bonus given if the account is closed and a new application made after few months.
    Is it the same with M&S ?
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Blue_Max wrote: »
    First Direct for example give switching bonus only to new customers.
    No bonus given if the account is closed and a new application made after few months.
    Is it the same with M&S ?
    No, it's different.
  • Unlike many banks that state you cannot get the cash incentive if you have previously been given one after a certain date, M&S only state in their T&C's that you are only entitled to 1 gift card regardless of how many accounts you open and switch. Therefore it would depend on if they keep records and have a way of finding out if you have previously been rewarded.
  • Unlike many banks that state you cannot get the cash incentive if you have previously been given one after a certain date, M&S only state in their T&C's that you are only entitled to 1 gift card regardless of how many accounts you open and switch. Therefore it would depend on if they keep records and have a way of finding out if you have previously been rewarded.

Has anyone managed to switch two accounts to M&S and get two gift cards ???
    Have a current account to get the Regular Saver,don't think I could open another current acc and get another Gift card ??
  • I very much doubt you would be able to get another gift card being a active customer or a previous customer if you read their T&C's.

But if you have used up all the other cash incentives out there, then you don't lose anything all they might say is NO.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It's not any old account - it's an M&S current account (imagine the music along the words).

You are absolutely right, they do not make it exceedingly easy to earn the £100 switching bonus.

26 days having passed since applying, I've finally received ( and activated) the debit card, pin has just arrived - still waiting for secure key ( and code to enable use) which will permit internet banking.

Then on to the switching process - another phone call, another letter, another confirmation to post and then yet another telephone call to set up regular saver.....aargh!

How long, O Lord, how long.....:eek:
  • I know how you feel....it goes on and on and on........the amount of paper they produce could rebuild a rainforest

I was in a M&S which has a branch. I asked if there was any chance of the App being brought into the 21st century!!
  • Ita terrible how these banks are allowed to operate i have just requested the switich, coop and m&s in the same day lets see who is quicker.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure