ESA Arrears

Hi! So I just passed my medical assessment for Employment and Support Allowance last week but because it wasn't done within their 13 week period they say they are going to back date my payments which means they owe me £745. The letter said to call the number on it if I hadn't heard from them within 5 days which I hadn't so I called them on the 6th day from receiving the letter. Now, I have a sensitive file with them so there's always some waiting around for them to gain access but my god are they playing me around! I called on Friday to get through to the debt department but apparently that's the wrong place so they gave me another number. I called that number and they said they'd get back to me that evening. They didn't. Called that number again this morning (Monday) and get a different person saying she'll try to gain access but doesn't know what she can do because she's "just at a call center".

As soon as you owe them a penny they're all over you but when they owe you something they play you about.

She said she would get back to me in the morning but if she makes me go round in circles again what should I do?

Any advice welcome, I'm normally quite soft with these people and don't like to argue or complain but it's getting rather silly. :huh:

Comments

• IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Who has arranged that your file be classed as sensitive? They would be the best person to contact.
  • I decided to have my file sensitive. I didn't want everyone knowing my business and didn't think it would add so much bother.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure