Doing it on my own: bobobski's house deposit diary

Comments

• I am glad work went ok and the MOT went well. Surround yourself with nice people like this friend and focus on your strengths. You have so many. We are worried about you, I don't know about Skint Again I think she is the same as me, I thought of you all day.

I was given Desiderata when I was 25 when I was v down by a wise lady a loooooong time ago! I have gone back to it many times and it makes me feel like I am valid and deserve to be me. Be proud of who you are. There is no one like you in the world. How cool is that?:beer:

I hope tomorrow goes well. Avoid anyone who is going to upset you and please focus on being nice to yourself. hugs and love, :grouphug:swxxxxxxxxxxx
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Am so glad to see you feeling more positive and great news on the MOT :beer: Have a fab fun day with your friend x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • bobobski
    bobobski Posts: 771
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Forumite
    Happy Sunday evening folks :hello:

Soooo yesterday went from productive wedding prep to a late night out. Oops. I am very hungover... again. And it was not a good spendy day - I get so generous when I've been drinking!! I can't remember what I spent and I didn't even get receipts, so I'll have to wait until the transactions show up in my bank accounts to put them into YNAB. I paid about £60 for our dinner (she bought lunch, which was significantly cheaper than that, but this is my drunken generosity...) and an £8 taxi, and then at some point we started having shots and cocktails...

My friend was quite stressed out when we first met up, so I think she needed a night out more than I did really. She seemed a lot happier when she left. If only I could remember what time that was...

I remembered your advice though SW and avoided negative people (well, after my friend had cheered up). Thank you for your sage advice :)

So today I've done my weekly shop (under £50 woo), a couple of loads of laundry and had about 1 million cups of tea. I've just had a spicy chicken thing for dinner to give me enough energy to walk into town. I left my bike locked up yesterday as the storage place gets locked overnight, which I didn't know. I reeeeeeally can't be bothered to walk half an hour to go pick it up, but I also really don't want another bike to be stolen - 2 of my previous 3 bikes were! Ugh I know I need the exercise and fresh air will help me feel better but it feels soooo far away :( Wish me luck!

P.S. SW I hope I didn't make you worry!! But it means a lot that you were thinking of me - you're so incredibly lovely :kisses3:
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 26 February 2017 at 7:28PM
    Glad you went out and had fun. Sometimes you have to splash out and it cheered you up so I am happy it worked.

Hope your bike is ok. I worry about everything the weather, Trump, politics, economy, the world and don't need an excuse at all so don't worry leave that to me!!!!!!!!!

I have had about 10 cups of tea today. It must be catching. Its Skint Again's fault we are tidying and yours that we are drinking tea. lol.
  • HA HA don't blame me SW its your talk of decluttering and shelves that made me want to tidy up today !! :rotfl:

Glad you had a good time with your friend. Agree about the bike, my DS had two stolen from outside the gym a few years ago (before he could drive/got a car), and they were both locked up at the time :mad: Just be careful if you are riding it home, make sure you have some lights and its very windy ... storm Ewan apparently according to weather forecast

Tea is excellent for hangovers though :D
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    Forumite
    I hope it isn't as bad as Storm Dora.
  • bobobski
    Forumite
    Made it safe and sound :)

D'you know, when I was driving earlier I thought it was a bit windy, then on my cycle home I was being blown about a bit (of course the way home had to be into a headwind...) but I didn't realise there was a storm! My town is always windy though so apparently I don't notice storms when they come!

Don't worry, I had my lights on and was careful, and I used the main roads too so I was under streetlamps :)

I would say I feel better for the exercise but instead I think I'm going to grab a final cup of tea before going to bed :o Next weekend I think I'll do some tidying - you two are getting me in the mood for it!

Have a lovely night ladies x
  • Sounds like you had a great night out Bobobski!
    All this talk of cycling is making me feel tired,lol!
  • savingwannabe
    Forumite
    And me I might have just burned a calorie thinking of you cycling lol.
  • bobobski
    Forumite
    You two make me laugh :)

I thought I'd just pop in to report that I saved £1,339.17 in February, whoop! It would have been more had I not gone out with my friend on Saturday, oops! It's early but I woke up an hour ago and thought I may as well move my money about into the right accounts and work out how much I've saved since it's payday (_party_) :) You guys are largely to thank for keeping me accountable :beer:

I'm going to update my OP for February then go sort out some breakfast. Happy Tuesday everyone :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure