3rd Time Lucky?!- Attempting to clear £6645.93 of debt in 105days (3months+13days)!!

Ok so have kinda messed up turns out Haliwax (cc2) have started charging interest 2 this month...seriously confused thought it had a much longer 0% interest term. So have stupidly opted for a 3 month 0% Interest balance when I should've got a longer term...only a £4 interest on a 3.5k balance but damn Im so annoyed with myself for this!! So basically both cards need to be paid off ASAP. so far daily payments made have been £2.11 pathetic I know but something at least. I think this shows me how much I need to sort this out. Im ready! So my plan is to pay 3 monthly instalments of £1048.64 to cc1 and 3 instalments of 59.01 to cc2 (£1107.65 total to be paid on the 1st each payday) I have to try to live on the rest £1237.39- maybe a little tricky but needs to be done. After the remaining balance of £3322.96 will be paid with February's pay (assuming I receive a bonus this year) New goal DFD 26 Feb 2016...105 days from now so google tells me (3months & 13days from today)...New Challenge..new diary...here goes!! *crosses fingers*....3rd Time lucky?!
DFD-01.03.2018:starmod: :beer::T
Maternity Savings- £2000/£10,000
Emergency Fund- £1,000/£5,000
House Deposit- £0/£25,000.
NSD November 2/30
Make £5 per day- £128.48/£155

Comments

• Shelbi
    Shelbi Posts: 744 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Today I began making cut back....need to retrain myself back to frugaldom. Mentioned to one of my friends my goals she suggested making it a game then at least it should be easier..so whilst im hoping to win the lotto Id like to see if I can actually do this once and for all and enjoy it alittle.

So budget has been done & I should be able to cover all my outgoings this month if I stick to the plan. Brought in lunch today which if I keep up will save me a bit...spent 1.59 on some rolls and sauce, but the rolls will last all week...ill grab soups, burgers and sandwich fillings form home. anywho compared to my current £3+ habit per day its a minimum of £15 a week saving.

Worked out a cheaper route to my partners that should by pass zone 1 that should help a bit too...& I made a budget for Xmas gifts. Everyone has an allowance & I refuse to go over. Under is fine by me. Boots points will be used/ as will amazon. Found out tonight tesco no longer do points bonus :( used to be great for stocking fillers. Am determined not to spend over £366 on xmas gifts (a pound for every day this year) Hopefully I can wangle less...I will give it a good shot.

Payment made today for £4.59 to cc...other than that nothing much to report...Ill check back tomorrow.
    Night all x
    NSD November 2/30
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Good luck Shelbi
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Evening all!

Thank you Bobarella:)

So today had a no spend day (bar travel- £3.40). Spent lunch sourcing gifts for Xmas basket is upto £200 thats everyone including work secret santa and all. Some are modest gifts but its something. will use another £10 for wrappings and cards. and will use the other £100 for xmas contingency and xmas celebrations (dinners out with friends etc) Have cheekily offered to help source places to meet up so they can be cheap & cheerful:D...let the frugal Xmas commence...praying this works out!

Found the most awesome present for my guy but its £125 :eek: needless to say that will have to wait for his birthday...when I'm hopefully debt free;) for now it will be lots of well thought out cheaper gifts. Will order all the gifts once payday comes so they arrive on time. The rest of the Xmas cash will be withdrawn and put in a separate purse, once its gone...its gone.

Quite enjoying my new shoe string challenge. Also sourced some unused gifts that I can re-gift...waste not want not.

Payment of £3.82 paid to CC1 today (death by a thousand tiny cuts) also ordered a gift using my boots advantage points, will use for an anniversary gift for someone. :D

Feel a little more organised today...just need to battle down the hatches till payday...why is there so much month left at the end of the money?! Will do better next month. Going to attempt to only use cash for things- I read this helps decrease spending so will give it a go.

hope every one else had a fab day.... Night x
    NSD November 2/30
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Evening all...

So quick update...so long day today received my statement from the credit card I transferred my balance from today, it had a balance of £17.52 pure interest so made a payment straight to that. Grateful id checked it and hadn't just assumed it was clear.

Lunch was brought from home, so saving there...but still not enough. 10 days until payday...Need to figure where I can make more cutbacks..will cancel my gym membership tomorrow...I've been twice in the 6 months since I rejoined..yeah pretty ridiculous waste I know...sure there's some more things I could be doing.

not much of an update I know...super tired...will update properly tomorrow.

night all x
    NSD November 2/30
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Morning All,

So haven't checked in, been unwell, on the plus side to that I haven't spent any money as I've been in bed most of the time...always a silver lining even with the flu lol!! Did manage to cancel my gym membership, 30 days notice so ill have one dd taken before it ends...may have to get down there so its not for nothing. Ends December so will cancel DD after its taken...

Not much money saving to be made today, am at home...although feeling better. Will probably trowel through the diary pages and get some tips, hints and motivation. Just waiting on payday now...I so cant wait..its needed!
    x
    NSD November 2/30
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Evening guys,

So its pay day eve...Finally!! I'm excited not really sure why as the moneys not staying with me but going to debt crunching!! Still happy to have a kick start...a NSD today! More necessity than choice though. Paid over my last remaining £40 to cc2 (min payment) still another £19.01 needed to pay over on that one according to the plan & £1049 on the other will do that tomorrow I guess.

Work appraisal went well so hopefully Ive done enough this year to warrant a decent bonus and pay rise (have everything crossed) really do need it to polish off Febs payment and hit my target, till then ill be chipping away hoping to make a decent dent in the debts.

Nothing much else happened today if I'm honest literally been holding out for pay day! so I guess tomorrow I can get to work. did work out my cancelled gym membership saves me will save me £80 to put towards my goal...small win there. still have yet to review the budget t see where I can trim the fat. bound to be more...actually thats something I can do now.

Night all, hope you had a good debt busting day x
    NSD November 2/30
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Ok so jumped on the wagon & fell off again, the cost of my Christmas stumble £1247.23 -even writing this makes me feel queasy...Id like to say it went on something fab like another holiday..but it was shoes, nights out, a blown christmas gift budget, a parking fine, cabs around town & God only knows what else! Starting to think I may need an intervention..Jeeze!! So credit card balances are now to the sum of £7698.16:( Still Im back keeping my debt free goal date as 26th February 2017! So with that in mind time to put on my big girl pants and sort this out.

Going to try to journal my progress daily, as being away leads me into temptation and more debt. Have added YNAB to my phone, budgeted and reconciled my accounts. Will actually make use of it, and pull myself back into the black.

On plus side will receive a payrise in January, additional funds will come in handy. Will receive £197 refund which will go straight on my card but cant count that yet as its in transit, made a payment of £45 (already included in my new debt figure).

Tomorrow plan to have a NSD, already have lunch in the office 2 meals for £4 @tesco (yup will knock that on the head too)

So now I'm going to have to pay around £2500 debt repayment on a £2250 income (& thats before Ive taken out bills & living costs)..but I do love a challenge so I will give it a go. My aim is to try and curb my spending, pay as much to the CC's as I can and hope for the best...looking at my budget I should be able to make a £1000 (its a tough month) so yeah will definitely be a challenge but its doable. have pledge to do dry January 2017 with a friend, that will save on spends (drinks tabs, ubers home etc). Will also quit smoking that will save me a packet and help my health too. will pay over £4.15 what id spend on cigs to the cc each day I resist buying them, itll soon tot up. Also looking at my statements I tend to always pop to the off licence for wine at the weekends when im at my OH paying more for a decent bottle than what id pay at the super market, either I go without or find a cheaper alternative. That sounds bad I know but Im being honest. So here goes attempt 109...I have Xmas food Shopping to do tomorrow but other than that its no other spending....my god I may need rehab:rotfl:
    NSD November 2/30
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    :rudolf:Merry Christmas Everyone!!

So have had a couple of unexpected expenses..well loans really, £200 to my aunt, £100 to my dad...couldnt say no. On the plus side paid over £570,66 so my debts are £7000 I have 62 days until my goal date:eek: and 2 more pay days left to do it:think: Meaning I have 523.08 left until payday (31 days away) oh & NYE to get through:(

Thats £16 per day on average so on that budget ill try and save what I can and pay that the CC. Noting more to update really...Just a beautiful Child Christmas...I had wanted to pay £1000 this month so am currently £430 short. Will use savings per day to catch up and will pay over the funds loaned when they come back...All will be well!! anyway thats all from me Merry Christmas everyone x
    NSD November 2/30
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Good morning dfw! Well Christmas is well and truly over, time to get back to this dfw business. Have received £6.26 from quicdco will pay that over to cc once it arrives...have reduced my pension contributions to basic level, didn't want to cancel it or I'd forgotten your company paying...that's basically free money..my reduction gives me an extra £262 per month...which will also be used to pay off the cc's. Had a chat with my oh yesterday, was honest about my goal and cc debt, bless him he offered to help me out (he has no debt and is comfy) but this is something I need to do for myself. Very sweet offer though..'m resolved to end my financial sabotage as so many things I want to do now...time to get on it with gusto...will send £10 offering to cc as today will be a nsd! Have a fab day everyone xx
    NSD November 2/30
  • HI Shelbi you sound like you're doing really well and despite the little blip I'm sure you'll achieve your goal, that's a lot to pay off in a short period of time so don't leave yourself short.

Well done on your current progress, H x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport