Marks and Spencers Sparks card?

Options

Comments

• POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    All I have had is advanced notification of a sale by email!!

Not impressed M&S.
  • hjd
    hjd Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They haven't had any offers I would use and they have taken away the coffee card (one free coffee after 10 bought ones) - so worse than it was before.
    Total waste of time.
  • patricia50
    Options
    It's a pretty rubbish loyalty card.
  • Lady_Meringue
    Options
    It's still very early days and I think it will probably take a while for the card to work as fully as it should simply because lots more data needs to be collected from shoppers. At the moment the offers are very generic but eventually they will be tailored towards your individual preferences. Personally I'd prefer money off whatever I'm buying at the time (like the Boots card) but hey, money off is money off however we get it.
    You have to remember that it's not every day that you buy jumpers or bed linen so the points will take a while to build up, but there are good offers to be had.
  • hjd
    hjd Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I had some food offers - none of which really appealed to me (and none were on things I do buy there) - so thought I would try the offer on a 400g pack of strawberries.
    Unfortunately, my local store (with a large food section) only stocks 225g packs. They don't remember having had 400g packs, certainly not this side of Christmas. So - another totally useless offer.
    I have, however, got an offer for a free croissant when buying tea/coffee.
    I do buy tea/coffee in the cafe sometimes - but never croissants. Don't like them. Sigh.
    Please just bring back the coffee card!
  • celiar
    celiar Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    I've had a Sparks card since they first brought them out last year. I've collected over 3000 points and still haven't received an offer that I was interested in. This time it's 20% off fresh trout and kippers, 20% off on the move salad, 20% off tins of soup or 20% off Autograph flowers; none of which I want. I did hear that some members have received a free coffee but I never have. I don't know what you have to do to get one I'm sure. I much preferred the loyalty card where you collected so many stamps and got a free coffee. At least you knew where you were with that and felt you were being rewarded for your loyalty. No, so far I've found the M & S Sparks card to be utter rubbish!
  • mal4mac
    mal4mac Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    I find the number of email slightly irritating, and the visuals don't display in my emails making them just about unreadable. One succinct text message a week would be sufficient, surely. The continual prompting "have you used your sparks card!", for each item you swipe, is also irritating. One prompt only please!

I think the food offers are quite good - a recent one was 20% off gastropub meals, even if you use the 3 for £10 deal. Soup? Who doesn't want soup? I lapped that one up. I make my own coffee, "20% off" popular food items seems a much better deal to me.
  • drofluf62
    Options
    The issue of the cashiers not reminding you at the till about your card Spending large amounts... Remembering before you leave the till but after purchase, and then finding they can't put the points on, is very very annoying.

I'm throwing mine in the bin. I'm sick of the direct marketing, useless offers with such short dates I can't get to a store (I live in the sticks so I'm not near one) and giving them my personal data for nothing.

On top of that they have reduced points on my M and S credit card. So binning that too and getting the more generous Sainsbirys one.

I used to make an effort to travel to M and S with my vouchers, and discounts, but nothing for over 8 months so I'm afraid it's not worth the petrol to go and find a branch.
  • anna_2
    anna_2 Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    Don't go out of your way to bother with a Sparks card. In my opinion it's a complete waste of time. I spend a fortune in M & S and I think the offers are generally rubbish.
    The 20% off days they have anyone can really get a code for anyway but the offers to load onto the card I haven't bothered to even load most of them and haven't gone on to use those that I have loaded.
    For example 105 off bread or 10% off flowers for a few days. Big deals.

They have also done away with their drinks reward card as they say it has been replaced by Sparks but I haven't had anything relating to drinks.

WASTE OF TIME BOTHERING HONESTLY.
  • marbella
    marbella Posts: 847 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Points reset to ZERO on 1st April too !!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure