Bt reward problem claiming

Options

Comments

• z1106aberdeen
    Options
    As an update - I've now received an email from Cardholder Services staing that I will receive my Chip and Pin in the next 7-10 days. Progress. Makes me wonder if there are 'technical issues' as default and only when people query this that a card gets sent...
  • Aletank
    Aletank Posts: 568 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Same email for me this morning - Will believe it when i see it !
  • Aletank
    Aletank Posts: 568 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Card arrived this morning, £125
    Quidco Cashback £80 Refused !
  • sbarnby71
    Options
    After 4 month of haggling with BT, today they tell me that cashback links are not valid from MSE!

I had the £200 pre-paid card no problem, but the cash back offer for £50 from March 2017 which had the following link: broadbandbenefits.co.uk/cashback will not be honoured.

Was told today by Sylvester in their Customer Complaints Dept. in India that I could either have £15 compensation for the 4 months of hassle and 20+ calls or no compensation and they will have another look at my issue. His quote was "You can't sail 2 boats" when I said I'd like both. Ofcom here I come.
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 11 August 2017 at 11:29AM
    Options
    Makes me wonder if there are 'technical issues' as default and only when people query this that a card gets sent...

My card came in a reasonable time and the only problem is that the money has been mostly spent all too quickly and I need to drain off the last few pounds and pence. Which involves the hassle of writing down the exact balance & doing a part cash/part card transaction at the supermarket.
    sbarnby71 wrote: »
    After 4 month of haggling with BT, today they tell me that cashback links are not valid from MSE!

I suspect what they mean isn't exactly how that sounds. They probably mean they aren't responsible for any claim by MSE that says there is cashback available & they aren't responsible if cashback deals fail due to technical problems with MSE links. Unfortunately cashback can fail due to problems on your computer, or their computer. Which is why it's important to check at every step that the cashback shows up and take screen shots.

What I think is wrong is that you can only find out if the cashback is valid after your cooling off period, this is not an accident.
  • Huwbert
    Huwbert Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    Fingers crossed my £125 card arrives and my TCB £100 cashback comes through!
  • pkwhitaker
    Options
    Can anyone please remember the deal through moneysavingexpert on 7th July for BT fibre? I made a note to myself to claim £125 and £50. I've claimed the £125 through BT website but I just can't remember how I'm supposed to claim the £50. Any help much appreciated. Thanks
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 August 2017 at 6:11PM
    Options
    pkwhitaker wrote: »
    I've claimed the £125 through BT website but I just can't remember how I'm supposed to claim the £50. Any help much appreciated. Thanks

I stopped looking as I'd signed up to BT in May and got quidco cashback, topcashback had the same deal at the time. Check them to see if anything tracked.

If you signed up via another site, like uswitch etc then you may need to contact them.

Or you may need to go here:

https://www.broadbandbenefits.co.uk/cashback/
  • Huwbert
    Huwbert Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    It came through today, RESULT!!! :D
  • sghughes42
    sghughes42 Posts: 471 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Signed up for BT Infinity about 3 weeks back. Can't remember the exact amount but there was a reward card on offer at the time.

Service was installed and activated on Friday, but when I go on the link to claim my reward I'm told there are no rewards available at the moment.

I went for Infinity 1 with calls and TV if that makes a difference - it suggests if you include a SIM you have to wait for the cooling-off period to send but I'm happy with Virgin for our mobiles.

Everything I've seen suggests the reward should be available as soon as broadband is live so sounds like I might not be getting one...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure