Viagogo dud tickets

2»

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Take whichever option suits you best. These are upmarket touts. As such any kind of refund is a bonus.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    RickT001 wrote: »
    I wonder if somebody could tell me what my rights are with Viagogo. I purchased tickets for a event in November this year. Knew I'd paid well over face value but were front row seats as a gift. Tickets arrived and they are for Stalls towards the back. I informed by email straight away (as per previous poster no phone contact available) finally today, two months later having messaged them 11 times I recieved these "options" from them;

partial refund. You could either:
    Option #1 - Receive £65 to the payment method used when purchasing the ticket(s)

Option #2 - Receive a voucher for £75, which would be valid for a year and can be redeemed against any ticket(s)

Option #3 - You may return the ticket(s) and we will attempt to find replacement ticket(s). If you choose this, we ask that you return the tickets you have received to the following address:

Option 3 doesn't specify I will receive any form of refund. If I choose Option 2 I will be paying £85 for a ticket with a face value of £45, plus these tickets are still on general sale by the venue.

I believe I have a right to a complete refund end of as I have not recieved the goods I've paid for (all be it viagogo have been stitched up by the seller probably) Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Presumably the vouchers would only be for tickets that they sell, and I would imagine that you never want to buy anything from them again. So the cash refund is better than a 'kick in the teeth', and a seat at the rear of the stalls is still a good seat. Failing that, if you paid by card (credit or debit) you could contact your card issuer about a charge-back on the basis that the goods supplied were not as described.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    p_m wrote: »
    As a seller on Viagogo, you have not been 'scammed' as everyone keeps calling it, you have just not done enough research to find out who you're buying from.

And you have clearly not done any research on what constitutes commercial interest posting here.

In fact someone like you, pitching-up here out of the blue and defending a company in the face of poster experience is pretty-much accepted as the gold standard for proof of a scammer!
  • SuperHan
    SuperHan Posts: 2,269 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    pogofish wrote: »
    And you have clearly not done any research on what constitutes commercial interest posting here.

In fact someone like you, pitching-up here out of the blue and defending a company in the face of poster experience is pretty-much accepted as the gold standard for proof of a scammer!

At the risk of further dragging up an old post, this is a little bit unfair.

Yes, there are a number of complaints about Viagogo et al, but I have used them to sell (and buy) tickets, and by and large they deliver as expected.

If I have surplus tickets and I list them on Viagogo and someone buys them, provided I've been honest, that's a fair transaction. It reads from the above that Viagogo attempt to rectify the issue as far as they can where that is not the case.

While I generally disagree with the resale of ticket market, until you can reasonably get a refund on tickets you can no longer use for whatever reason (like the Harry Potter play for example, you can return up to 14 days prior to the event and incur a nominal admin fee) they serve a purpose.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure