MSE News: Sainsbury's cans 'My Coupons' - but a Nectar points bonanza is on the way

Sainsbury's shoppers have been left disappointed by the decision to can its long-running 'My Coupons' trial...
Read the full story:
'Sainsbury's cans 'My Coupons' scheme - but Nectar points bonanza is on the way'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• minislim
    minislim Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    well its yet another step on the road to sainsbury's demise i think.

in the last 18 months we've seen so many radical changes that have benefited themselves whilst penalising the customers.

this is yet another nail in their coffin.

from shopping there once a fortnight and buying my fuel from them, now i think i've visited their store once in the last 6 months.

i reckon they wont last the year!
  • LizB62
    LizB62 Posts: 4,759 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    They stopped their Brand Match because "shoppers don't tend to do large shops any more, they tend to do more trips but smaller shops"
    But they still give me vouchers to get more Nectar points if I spend more than £80 in a single go - I only ever do that at Christmas
    Useless !
    Best win ever: Trip to the Galapagos Islands in 2010
  • Makeandsave
    Makeandsave Posts: 3,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Nice to read it here, not had any email from Sainsbury!
    Jan Wins: .
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    edited 24 April 2017 at 9:09PM
    LizB62 wrote: »
    They stopped their Brand Match because "shoppers don't tend to do large shops any more, they tend to do more trips but smaller shops"
    But they still give me vouchers to get more Nectar points if I spend more than £80 in a single go - I only ever do that at Christmas
    Useless !
    I think they stopped Brand Match because customers used the system if you picked certain items of 10 you could get a good reward. Thats why it showed up as people doing smaller shops

I must admit i did this once and got £6.50 back.

To be honest I only shop at Sainsburys now if I want something I know they only sell. I prefer cash in MY pocket now, hence I do most of my basic shopping at Aldi and sometimes Lidi.

Just had a thought, I actually spend more a Waitrose now than I do Sainsburys. And people say Waitrose is expensive. On some things they are actually cheaper.

I wonder if the company who now run their coupon system - would you believe an offshoot of Tesco- is now influencing Sainsburys sales programme.

Sainsburys used to be a good place to shop. Now it seems they want to do 'a Tesco' and grab as much as they can get from your pocket.

I wish Sainsburys would bin thier tag line 'Live well for less' because shopping there is anything but.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • ThemeOne
    ThemeOne Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    For my shopping basket, Sainsburys has been more expensive than others (including Waitrose) for a long time. I shop there very little now.
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    edited 24 April 2017 at 9:20PM
    Nice to read it here, not had any email from Sainsbury!
    Below is a copy of the email they sent.

My Coupons is closing soon

Hello R*******, Thanks for taking part in our My Coupons trial, which ends on 6 May 2017. You can continue to redeem your existing Nectar offers through this service as usual until then. As an extra thank you for using My Coupons, we will be adding 500 bonus Nectar points to your Nectar points balance. As always you can spend your points with Sainsbury's in store, online, or visit Nectar.com to check out other ways to redeem them. Sainsbury's.

Just an added note, they have stopped allowing you to add any new coupons to the 5 picks. Tight bar stewards!
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Whoopee a weekend with 10 times the points, although it's really only five times the points they used to offer
    Doesn't make up for what is now years of Tesco rewarding 100% more per £1 with their clubcard than Sainsburys do with Nectar.
  • gwa1981
    gwa1981 Posts: 17 Forumite
    I'm an aldi shopper, prefer to see a lower bill each week than collecting points
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,593 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    gwa1981 wrote: »
    I'm an aldi shopper, prefer to see a lower bill each week than collecting points

I shop in aldi, but they don't stock everything and sainsburys is the closest supermarket (apart from coop, I'm not made of money). We have a lidl now, but I find their selection worse than aldi even though it looks bigger and a nicer shop.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure