EE/Orange/T-Mobile - Reclaim ALL price rises AND cancel contract re T&C change - 2

Options
1323334353638»

Comments

• d123
    d123 Posts: 8,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Becci1986 wrote: »
    Hello I'm wondering if you could give me some advice. Four years ago I ended a contract with orange as I fell behind on payments and didn't want to renew my contract. Four years later orange have sold my contract to Lowell finance limited who are asking me for £749.03. We've run them as I have had no correspondence for four years and the contract was ended and bill was quashed back four years ago. They tell us that £325.79 was air time debt and the remaining £423.24 was an early termination fee. As we told Lowell we have no documentation from orange because it was finished four years ago and I have had no documentation since, not a single letter, but they tell me orange are insisting that the contract is still open. I have now found out from Lowell that this has impacted my credit score and is logged on Experian and will be there for 5 years. I have applied and been successful for 2 jobs in a bank but have been refused after a credit check and now I know why. What can I do?

Kind regards

Rebecca Mills

You would have been better off starting a new thread than tacking into the end of a thread on a different subject.

Did you complete your original term as per the contract? if not you are liable for an early termination fee.

Did you settle your arrears/charges on the account at the time it was suspended? If not, you're still liable for them.
    ====
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    You don't renew. It contines. And it will be on your credit files for 6, not 5 years.
  • Advice please.I took out a mobile phone contract with EE on Sunday afternoon on a Huwae P9 lite. I had changed my phone from a Windows to an Android to enable me sync my Fitbit to my phone as my old phone did not support my upgraded Fitbit device. I discovered on Tuesday that the Fitbit device is not compatible with my phone. I went back to Carphone Warehouse to cancel my contract and they said that EE have said that they cannot cancel their contracts. I can exchange my phone but must stay on the same tariff. I thought that I had the right to cancel a contract as the only phone that I can find is compatible with my Fitbit device is an iPhone 5S.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Advice please.I took out a mobile phone contract with EE on Sunday afternoon on a Huwae P9 lite. I had changed my phone from a Windows to an Android to enable me sync my Fitbit to my phone as my old phone did not support my upgraded Fitbit device. I discovered on Tuesday that the Fitbit device is not compatible with my phone. I went back to Carphone Warehouse to cancel my contract and they said that EE have said that they cannot cancel their contracts. I can exchange my phone but must stay on the same tariff. I thought that I had the right to cancel a contract as the only phone that I can find is compatible with my Fitbit device is an iPhone 5S.

No right of cancellation instore, only if you had bought by mail order/online.

I would also doubt the only compatible handset is the 5s which was discontinued around a year ago.
    ====
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport