yorkshire bank ppi

Options
Hi im new to the forum hopefully I can get some help, I recently wrote to yorkshire bank requesting info if id ever had ppi with them I know ive had cards loans ect from them years ago but not sure if ppi was attached, its been over 3 weeks now and I havnt had a reply it does say on there website to allow 40 days, I'm just wondering on average how long it takes for them to get back to you? as I'm not even sure they have received the letter I sent I'm hoping they have and it just takes time to gather the info I need.
thank you.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    coral81 wrote: »
    I recently wrote to yorkshire bank requesting info if id ever had ppi with them.... its been over 3 weeks now
    Did you provide any account details? Did you pay £10 for the service? If neither of these, the chances of you getting a positive response are virtually nil. How long ago exactly were these cards and loans?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,374 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have they taken the £10 cheque from your bank account yet? That is a good way to know if they have received the letter or not.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • sun73
    sun73 Posts: 498 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you've written to the PPI information request team it can take up to 40 days for a response. This service is free, however, they can only go back to records from around 2000, so, if your loans and credit cards pre-date that year, you might get a better result spending £10 on a DSAR for a more in depth search.

If you can provide account numbers that will help locate transaction details held in microfiche. There's no harm in telephoning their customer PPI helpline to check if your letter arrived.
  • coral81
    Options
    Hi sun73, thank you for your response can you please clarify on a DSAR ive never heard of this and do I send to Yorkshire bank?
    thank you
  • sun73
    sun73 Posts: 498 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Data Subject Access Request, a letter you can send under the Data Protection Act 1998, asking for all information the bank holds about you. There is an example somewhere on this forum. It costs £10, the address is on Yorkshire Bank website. Hope you get a good response.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Worth clarifying coral whether you just wrote and asked them if you had PPI or if you requested a copy of all your files - if the former, you can just ring them or wait for their letter. If the latter they will ask you for £10 normally
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    coral81 wrote: »
    can you please clarify on a DSAR ive never heard of this and do I send to Yorkshire bank?
    thank you
    From your original post, you appear to have already requested account information from Yorkshire Bank. I wouldn't send another request unless you fail to receive a response to the original. That's why we were asking if you had paid £10 already.
    I recently wrote to yorkshire bank requesting info if id ever had ppi with them

What you really need to do is chase up this original request. A telephone call to them should be able to establish if they are already processing your first enquiry.

Did you provide the account number(s) and/or loan details when you first wrote? Your address (at the time) is essential too.
  • smileymiles
    Options
    I had a Yorkshire Bank Custom Card from 1989 onwards. I found some old statements with the ppi showing.

I wrote to Yorkshire Bank and they say unless |I can prove how long I had the card they cannot pay out as they have no records showing this card and how long I had it. I sent them the card and three statements from 1989 through 1990.
    Could you advise?
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a Yorkshire Bank Custom Card from 1989 onwards. I found some old statements with the ppi showing.

I wrote to Yorkshire Bank and they say unless |I can prove how long I had the card they cannot pay out as they have no records showing this card and how long I had it. I sent them the card and three statements from 1989 through 1990.
    Could you advise?

1) Make your own post, bumping 2 year old posts just confuses matters with 2 different people's scenarios seems you did this AND bumped this post for whatever reason

2) If you have proof that you had PPI on the card for however long, they can be made to pay the average based on the statements you have. If you can only prove you paid it for that short period then, assuming they agree it was miss-sold, they can only refund what you can prove you paid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure