Poundland Bargain Thread -

Comments

• luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 17 April 2010 at 9:52AM
    For those who didn't get the scratchcards, perhaps it's only one poundshop that are doing them and you were in the other one? We have poundworld and poundland and I always get the two confused
    just recieved this email back from poundland

Thank you for your recent enquiry.

I have been informed by our Marketing team that this promotion is only available at the moment in our Scottish stores. Would it be possible for you to inform me where this information was obtained please for me to look into this further.

Definitely Poundland as we don't have a Poundworld so can't get confused.

I live in Wales, so the 'Scotland only' explains why the SA looked at me like I was crazy. It'd take more than a £1 scratchcard to get me to move anywhere near my Scottish MiL :o
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • snit_girl
    snit_girl Posts: 179 Forumite
    I got a bunch of scratcards in the poundland on Union st in Glasgow on Thursday. The guy at the till just gave me a handfull, didn't win though. I asked if they'd seen anyone win and they said not yet. Even the staff don't think there are any winners
  • duloch
    duloch Posts: 396 Forumite
    duloch wrote: »
    I also live in Scotland and have yet to receive a scratchcard either.

Ok take that back, went to Falkirk today and they were handing out scratchcards. I did't buy anything today :eek: but I noticed the staff giving them out to customers.
  • FatAndy
    FatAndy Posts: 7,541 Forumite
    I picked up a Creedence Clearwater Revival CD/video/book in Llandudno today. The running time is a bit short (less than half an hour) and the sound quality is a bit ropey as it's a live recording from 1970 but it is currently listed on Amazon for £12.99:eek:.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creedence-Clearwater-Revival-Transmissions-Book/dp/B000S0H0NM

Might be worth getting a couple to put on flea-Bay?
    The fridge is empty, the walls are damp, there's no hot water
    And I look like a tramp and tramps like us
    Baby we were born to walk
  • yorkie_cook
    yorkie_cook Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    spotted in Luton poundland, an AA kids playset, bright yellow waistcoat with the AA logo & 4 tools, great for those littleboys who have to "fix" everything. The tools were plastic but looked reasonable quality. Sorry can't post but like item 170465702135 on flea bay.
  • purplestar133
    purplestar133 Posts: 1,731 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    In Sheffield Poundland they had lots of Coley and Gill oil burner sets with oil, sets of oil, candles, lots of lovely looking smelly stuff!

They also had Oil of Olay body wash with ribbons of creme, or body wash with ribbons of body butter. They smell lovely and you can use them as a shaving creme. Mmmm...
  • Claire_Bear
    Claire_Bear Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Our local had a cable to connect an iPod to a computer which is useful because mine's just broken. I normally buy them off ebay so it's a lot more convenient to have a cheap one in the shops :)
    D'you know, in 900 years of space and time, I've never met anyone who wasn't important
    The Doctor
    Taste The Rainbow :heartsmil
  • stef240377
    stef240377 Posts: 2,798 Forumite
    Today i picked up 2 airwick candles in berries fragrance - same ones in Home bargains were £1.49. Also saw Von Dutch folders - ideal for the fashion/label addicted teenagers for coursework.
    :j Was married 2nd october 2009 to the most wonderful man possible:j

DD 1994, DS 1996 AND DS 1997

Lost 3st 5lb with Slimming world so far!!
  • thatguy1
    thatguy1 Posts: 5,363 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 23 April 2010 at 3:50PM
    Walkers Flavours Cup Special Edition.

The Northern Europe pack includes 2 x Dutch Edam Cheese, 2 x English Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding and 2 x German Bratwurst Sausage.

The Southern Europe pack includes 2 x Italian Spaghetti Bolognese, 2 x Spanish Chicken Paella and 2 x French Garlic Baguette.

The Americas United packs includes 2 x American Cheeseburger,2 x Brazilian Salsa and 2 x Argentinean Flame Grilled Steak.

The South of the world pack includes 2 x Austalian BBQ Kangaroo, 2 x South African Sweet Chutney and 2 x Japanese Teryaki Chicken.
  • FatAndy
    FatAndy Posts: 7,541 Forumite
    FatAndy wrote: »
    I picked up a Creedence Clearwater Revival CD/video/book in Llandudno today. The running time is a bit short (less than half an hour) and the sound quality is a bit ropey as it's a live recording from 1970 but it is currently listed on Amazon for £12.99:eek:.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creedence-Clearwater-Revival-Transmissions-Book/dp/B000S0H0NM

Might be worth getting a couple to put on flea-Bay?

I finally got round to listening to this on my ipod and I have to say I was wrong to suggest the sound quality is a bit ropey....it's very ropey!

It's still a nice item to own, the book inset in the sleeve is quite detailed so you'll have something to read, but you possibly won't want to listen to the CD too many times.
    The fridge is empty, the walls are damp, there's no hot water
    And I look like a tramp and tramps like us
    Baby we were born to walk
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family