Re: Unlocking mobiles (untested)

Comments

• Woby_Tide
    Woby_Tide Posts: 5,344
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite

This is the same issue I came across in trying to convert my Nokia 6230. I think Nokia have wised up to this unlocking business and have put another spanner in the works! The software I mention above by Crux is freeware and once you have entered your details in it generates 7 codes.

I entered the first code for the first part of the unlock and thought I had unlocked the phone. When prompted again to enter a code for unlocking I re-entered and got the message you describe 'sim was not restricted'.

Shot in the dark - I went for the second code on the list and hey presto what do you know- one unlocked 6230.

For most nokias you normally should try code 7 first, then code 1 I believe
  • i dont understand all this phone unlocking malarky

uniquephones generated me 7 codes to unlock my nokia 3510i and i tried codes 1 and 7 first, then 2 and 3.

all gave me 'code error' it says on the site that you can only enter 5 wrong codes before it gets blocked and you have to take it to a shop

help! ???
  • Woby_Tide
    Woby_Tide Posts: 5,344
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I'd take it to a shop. If 1 and 7 haven't unlocked it I'd imagine they've used wrong box to generate or something is up.
  • Fiery - think you were asking for me ma's help - but here goes.
    i dont understand all this phone unlocking malarky

What network is the Nokia 3510i locked to (what was the original phone) ? Are you following the instructions to the letter ? Have you double checked the IMEI that you're entering ?
     I know I'm asking the obvious and probably annoying you - but the Nokia 3510i (as with most Nokias) should be simple to unlock.
    Check this site and see if it gives the same codes.

http://unlock.nokiafree.org

• JST2UK
    JST2UK Posts: 15 Forumite
    Has anyone come across a site for NEC MOBILES ?
    There seems to be all for NOKIAS................... ;D :-/
    Bilk Posts: 36 Forumite
    Anybody know where I can find codes for Sagems please

Thanks

Bilk
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,028
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Just to comment of the 3510i discussion, I recently unlocked a T-Mobile one to run with Orange, used this site:

http://www.uniquephones.com/unlock/index.php

.....worked first time no problems.

On a similar matter unlocking from T-Mobile was easy, reset the Voice Mail phone number to Orange and missus cloud_dog was happy as larry (wish I knew why larry is always so happy).

Now she decides she wants to buy some ring tones (99p from Play.com).  So she gets the ring tone text message in her System Inbox.  In there I get the option to "retrieve".  Makes a wap call and fails with no carrier.

Looking at the setup configs for the existing O2 I need to configure:

Home Page (have assumed): http://wap.orange.co.uk
    GPRS Access Point (O2 is)    : payandgo.02.co.uk would it be "payandgo.orange.co.uk"
    IP Address:  (need to find this out)
    User Name (O2 is): "payandgo" would it be the same for orange.

Any asistance / info would be gratefully appreciated.  

cheers cloud_dog
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • cloud_dog

Have copied this info from daughters p&g orange so I hope it is correct for you:

HOMEPAGE http://orange.multimedia/

GATEWAY IP 192.168.71.35

CSD NO1 +447973100500 (haven't a clue what this is! but thought it'd be useful anyway)

USERNAME orange

PASSWORD this is starred out so I don't know what it is

I hope that this may be of some use to you.
  • onzey
    onzey Posts: 830
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    JST2UK

Some of the free unlocking software can do more than just Nokia. What NEC phone are you interested in unlocking?

For you and Bilk this site may help

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/index.php?
  • there are 2 ways to access wap -

via gsm dial-up
    or
    via GPRS

these 2 option are similar to the 2 option to connect to the internet from your pc (via dial-up modem or via broadband)

GPRS is the better and faster option of the two.
    GPRS is charged via the amount of data you download/upload, where as gsm dial-up is charged per minute.

these 2 option have different settings, also the settings may change depending on whether you are using a pay-monthly sim or a pay-as-you-go sim.

there is one more 'complication' - if you want to connect to wap over GPRS, you need to get your sim GPRS enabled. Although this is free, you cannot do it yourself, you need to contact your networks customer services, you will also need this activated if you have a picture messaging fone and want to send photo messages.

The best option to get everything up and running is to call customer services as they can enable the GPRS and send you the correct settings for your fone via a text message, you simply open the message and select the 'save' option and thats you - good to go :)

some useful customer services numbers:

Orange:

payg - 07973 100450 from a landline or 450 from a orange payg fone
    pay monthly - 07973 100150 from a landline or 150 from a orange pay monthly fone.

T-Mobile:

150 from a t-mobile fone
    0845 412 5000 - from a landline

Vodafone:

191 from a vodafone phone
    payg - 08700776655 from a landline
    pay monthly - 07836191191 from a landline

o2

4445 from a o2 mobile fone
    payg - 0870 5678678 from a landline
    pay monthly - 0870 2410202 from a landline

02-online (aka genie)

payg - 4445 from a o2 mobile phone or 0906 3024445 from a landline (NOTE: 50p per minute!!)

pay monthly - 0870 6003009 from a landline
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport