£5 for £10 argos voucher at mighty deals

Options
I've done this a few time over the past year when this offer has been on

it's a collect code, so can only be used in an argos store.

https://www.mightydeals.co.uk/Products/Fashion-Jewellery/National/Get-10-to-Spend-at-/153234

terms

One Collection Code per person* £10 to spend at Argos for just £5 No need to print your Code, just show the code on your phone when purchasing in store A fantastic half price saving! Save on toys, home furnishings, electricals, personal care, and more Use your £10 Code at any Argos store
From cutting edge Smart TVs to great toys to keep the kids entertained, Argos has it all. Here's your chance to shop at one of the UK's top catalogue retailers for even less with this half price £10 Argos Code - now yours for just £5!

Find your favourite brands at Argos and get £5 off your next purchase! Whether you're looking for some great new gadgets for the home or you need to find the perfect gift, the Argos catalogue offers a huge selection of products at affordable prices.

Browse through handy homeware, health and beauty products, jewellery, technology, toys, or even brand new furniture to update your home with.

Simply click 'Buy Now' to get this incredible offer to receive a Mighty Deals voucher! Then redeem your voucher with us to receive your Argos Collection Code!

Deal Terms
Once deal is purchased, Mighty Deals will send you your confirmation of purchase.
Your code will be sent within 24 hours after purchase.
*Please note: Only one Collection Code can be purchased per customer. Only two Codes can be purchased per household.

Make sure your Mighty Deals account details are complete and correct prior to purchase. Incomplete or incorrect details may result in you being refunded and not receiving your Argos Code.

Once you have redeemed your Mighty Deals voucher, this deal cannot be refunded.

Your Code can be used in any Argos store.
Present your Collection Code when making your purchase at Argos. Your Code can be printed out or presented on your phone.

How does it work?
1. You purchase a Mighty Deals voucher by clicking 'Buy Now' on this page.
2. In 24 hours you will receive a Mighty Deals voucher. This is not your Argos Collection Code.
3. This Mighty Deals voucher must be redeemed with Mighty Deals within 30 days of purchase.
4. Once redeemed, you will receive your Argos Code. This will be valid for 6 months to use at Argos.

Merchant T&Cs apply
See company website.

Price checked & discount may take into account Mighty Deals Promos
Limited To 1 per customer
Discount Is calculated Using the 'worth' of the item and the price at which Mighty Deals is selling it. P&P is not included in this calculation.
- See more at: https://www.mightydeals.co.uk/Products/Fashion-Jewellery/National/Get-10-to-Spend-at-/153234

Comments

• Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,270 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Take a great deal of care with Mighty Deals. They have what's best termed an 'interesting' track record.

There are bad reviews all over the place, but here's just one of them (and from MSE):

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/shopping/2015/05/mighty-deals-again-leaves-customers-in-the-lurch-over-tesco-offer
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    yes agree , "bargepole" comes to mind
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Tealblue
    Options
    I'd give Mighty Deals a miss, whatever the 'offer' is. They're a pain in the neck.
  • eset12345
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    Take a great deal of care with Mighty Deals. They have what's best termed an 'interesting' track record.

There are bad reviews all over the place, but here's just one of them (and from MSE):

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/shopping/2015/05/mighty-deals-again-leaves-customers-in-the-lurch-over-tesco-offer

really you're going to link to a thread where it states people set up duplicate accounts against the terms of the offer and use that as the basis for them having issues in sorting out the mess.

hardly shines a light on users of this site and others who tried to rip off the company.

"We offer these deals to reward loyal customers and attract new customers and have to date sold over 100,000 x '50% Off The High Street' deals with leading retailers including Argos, Tesco, Debenhams and Currys PC World.

"Over 5,000 duplicate accounts were created to purchase more than one per customer, which not only created a great deal of confusion, but also breached our deal terms. This confusion has meant we initially cancelled some orders in error, however we have since apologised, rectified this and ensured all customers who purchased one Tesco Digital Gift Card have now received their redemption link."
  • Tealblue
    Options
    eset12345 wrote: »
    really you're going to link to a thread where it states people set up duplicate accounts against the terms of the offer and use that as the basis for them having issues in sorting out the mess.

hardly shines a light on users of this site and others who tried to rip off the company.

"We offer these deals to reward loyal customers and attract new customers and have to date sold over 100,000 x '50% Off The High Street' deals with leading retailers including Argos, Tesco, Debenhams and Currys PC World.

"Over 5,000 duplicate accounts were created to purchase more than one per customer, which not only created a great deal of confusion, but also breached our deal terms. This confusion has meant we initially cancelled some orders in error, however we have since apologised, rectified this and ensured all customers who purchased one Tesco Digital Gift Card have now received their redemption link."

With respect, you've only been a member of this site for a week or so! Rather a lot of other people have been posting regularly for years and many remember just what a hassle Mighty Deals 'deals' have proved to be on more than one occasion (think someone said they were banned from HUKD??).

Leave well alone...
  • Lisbon
    Lisbon Posts: 415 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    eset12345 wrote: »

You're being selective in your quote. Read the whole thing - and have a look at http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/shopping/2015/05/mighty-deals-bungle-leaves-shoppers-confused
  • Pemberton01
    Options
    Thanks OP. Deal purchased yesterday, voucher code received this morning.
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,605 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 27 September 2016 at 9:52AM
    Options
    Never had any problems with Mighty Deals. I just pay with PayPal as I feel that's the best protection in case of any issues.

Disappointed I missed out on the Argos deal this time!
  • eset12345
    Options
    Tealblue wrote: »
    With respect, you've only been a member of this site for a week or so! Rather a lot of other people have been posting regularly for years and many remember just what a hassle Mighty Deals 'deals' have proved to be on more than one occasion (think someone said they were banned from HUKD??).

Leave well alone...

and that's supposed to mean what exactly? my opinion based on facts isn't valid?

oh no banned from HUKD, they must be the spawn of the devil, you're aware some massive names such as Amazon and Tesco have also been banned by HUKD at one point, I bet you still use both of those places.

so tell me, out of the over 100,000 people that have got a voucher such as this from mighty deals, how may have had an issue, a few? 100? 1000? so a pretty insignificant amount.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    AnnaArroyo wrote: »
    Not heard of this site, but will look into it and come back once I've tried properly!

Its sold out which is why its on the expired board.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure