The Ultimate February Challenge

Comments

• Hola!

I miss you all and I hope you are all doing well!

This is the good, the bad and the ugly news ha ha!

The good! Uffff I have cancelled my TV and they refunded £20 something :-) I have cancelled my gym membership too! Which is about £50 a month..
    That is about over £60 saving a month! Good news isn't it? Ha ha

The bad news! On the 1st of Feb we spent over £150 in one day this included a trip to the theatre :-)

The ugly news is that my husband is working abroad for two weeks and
    We are missing him deeply! But I have no one tempting me on Fridays a glass of wine ha ha!

Today reporting 7 FSDs!

Positive regardsto you all!

Typing from iPhone Uffff takes so long...

IWILLSUCCEED YOU TOO!
    No debts 🙌
  • Hello all

Well tried the egg rice tonight, yummy!!!!
    Im a happy bunny tonight, took my car for its first service today and it didnt cost me anything, so i saved my budgeted £30, :j:j:jalthough I do need to go and get a replacement glass for my wing mirror.....
    On my 3rd sfd today too!!!!

Everyone have a good evening xxx
    Halifax CC All paid Mort £7669.99,Car loan 31 months to go
    Food 99.25/100 Petrol 133.12/150 presents 59.12/80 going out 73.75/150 toiletries 4.50/5 other 179.07/100 money made 480 SFD 11/20
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Woohoo, free listing on ebay this weekend and I just got my listing allowance increased from 10 a month to a hundred, finally.

Took a meter reading and submitted it and compared the units to the bill for Nov/Dec. It's definitely coming down but not as much as I thought (only about 10% gas and 20% leccy) considering what we must have used being off for weeks on christmas. But that should def be getting better soon. Gonna tweak the timer soon some more.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Siouxsie32
    Siouxsie32 Posts: 1,987
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Ninno820 wrote: »
    so this is a very round about way of saying - go to venice and get an authentic mask.

...and eat lots of ice cream!!!!

Thanks thriftylass for the heads up on the free listing on ebay - I was wondering this afternoon when the next one would be! I have a few things to relist and a few other things to photograph ready to upload over the next few days :) Fab news about being able to sell properly - go list everything that's not nailed down!!

I finally went back to the gym tonight :j My gym membership is my only non-essential direct debit and I can just about justify it but I've been so busy working and earning £££s that I haven't been since before Christmas :eek: I'm about to hit the sack so I can get up and go to a class again tomorrow before work :)

Elsewhere in moneyland, the budgets are a little mixed up but all still on track. I'm wondering if I can squeeze in another night out with a friend at the end of the month (I've done the sums and I think I can). Any extra money that comes in between now and then is 100% going towards the debt so the night out will have to be funded by cutting back somewhere, rather than undoing all my good ebay work. I've made £102.17 so far after fees and postage etc. My target for the month was £100 :j Must make another £100 before March I think :)

Hope you all have a nice weekend....happy ebaying :)
  • fairy3
    fairy3 Posts: 511
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Evening all so glad it's the weekend, had a tough week at work and a SFD today but spent £14 of going out fund last night meeting up with friends on a meal and drinks which was lovely but means I have only £6 left in the social fund.
    Seem to be getting into a routine with 2 spend days a week so hopefully will achieve 20 this month with a good wind! NKD holiday sounds lovely and such a good incentive to have and fantastic news on the ebay front, the free listings weekend means I have to now list at least 28 items which is my target for the month over the weekend.
    It was a nice sunny day today with blue skies so hoping to have a long walk tomorrow up on the Moors to blow the cobwebs away and will be free!

nannygladys - I wish you lived nearer you could have reviewed the curry (chicken) I took out of the freezer at 5am this morning for tonight and which there is lots left because only two of us were in to eat it. Guess what I will be having again for lunch tomorrow?

everyone is doing so well keep it up1
    January 2020 Grocery challenge £119.45/£200 :)
    February 2020 Grocery challenge £195.22 /£200
    March 2020 - gone to pot...
    April 2020 - £339.45/£200
    May 2020 - £194.99/£300
  • Morning Everyone

I've done fairly well this week, 5 SFD's in total now and the only shopping I needed to get was 2 x 4pts milk and some black sacks that I forgot to add to the big shop (duh!).

Will be doing a 'top up' shop today (need to get a few bits and have 4 vouchers to use between now and 17th Feb ~ hoping if I top up with bits now and make the most of the savings, the final week I'll only need to get milk, fruit and veg and stay within my budget?!). Tomorrow should be another SFD!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend! :D
  • Ninno820
    Ninno820 Posts: 765 Forumite
    Morning all - isn't it nice to wake up to beautiful sunshine - hope its the same with you.

Today is going to be a SFD - tomorrow I am popping into Morrisons on my way to strictly and have a £10 voucher from my Daily Mail rewards so am aiming to get the fruit and veg there. I would prefer to use my local farm shop but need to both limit my SFDs and use the voucher up to relive the pressure on the cash. I am also aiming to take coffee and lunch with me (in a food flask - not together of course!) but ahve enough points on my costa coffee card to get a freebie if necessary. I also have to put some petrol in from my budget as well.

Today I am going to list some more ebay items - I have started by taking photos of two briefcases and found £5.50 in them - so I am in credit all ready! Isn't it strange how £15.50 (cash plus voucher) now seems like a huge sum of money when before I would have spent that in a heartbeat - thanks KAT for the doctrination! I read in one of the threads that someone (sorry I forgot who) walked around her house looking at items asking herself the question - would I go out and buy that again? If not then ebay it. I like the sentiments so am trying to adopt it. My aim is to raise an £100 per month towards my overdraft - this would see that debt paid off by the summer holidays and then I can start on the second debt - I do seem to have a few:rotfl::rotfl:

Take care everyone - enjoy the sunshine if you can - it would seem as if we could be battered tomorrow again. xx
    44 day challenge

1. Pay £650 off overdraft (£ 288/ £650)
    2. Lose 12 lbs (4.5/ 12)
    3. Use YNAB everyday (6/44)
  • Morning!
    Slapped hands for me! We passed a fish and chip van while we were out yesterday and the kids talked me into it (admittedly they didnt have much of a job) :o and so we ended up spending £17.50 on enough fish and chips to feed 4 of us :eek: I nearly had a heart attack!
    In my defence we live quite remotely and nowhere near a chippy so it was quite a novelty, but I couldnt actually enjoy it for the guilt. :( (Plus actually it wasnt the best i've ever had) Now i'll have to try and make it up as my spends total is nearly half already and its only the 9th and I have 2 days out planned still to come. Will be getting to grips with ebay later :cool:
  • Morning :)

Talking of deciding what to get rid of, they are working on decluttering on flylady.net this month. They use these guidelines which I find helpful

Do I love this item?
    Have I used it in the past year?
    Is it really garbage?
    Do I have another one that is better?
    Should I really keep two?
    Does it have sentimental value that causes me to love it?
    Or does it give me guilt and make me sad when I see the item?

Hope this helps when deciding what to eBay, give away or throw away xx
    'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'
  • Morning or rather afternoon. Today was meant to be a sfd but instead i used my treat money. We bought chips, had a lovely nature walk, finished with coffees whilst the kids played. Not what i had planned but was lovely family time and i know my treat money is meant to be for the end of the month but Im being flexible. We spend so much time watching our cash that i wanted to make a memory and if that meant losing a treat at the end of the month then hey.
    Home now, watching movies and my youngest is fast asleep on me......lovely.
    L2B.x
    LBM 2008 [STRIKE]£45,091.23[/STRIKE] eek: now £7889:T Debt free date 18/07/2018 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure