PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Comments

• Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Possession wrote: »
    THe Hobbit annual is £1.99 on Amazon at this moment

.........You know I said I wasn't buying anything else? .......Well...
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Oh thank you so much for the HObbit heads up - my DD is a total geek and will love these in her stocking. Just bought companion and annual.

No snow here - blue skies and sunshine. DD still off sick but looks perkier today, so I am hopeful about tomorrow. A kind colleague swapped an interview i have today (investors in people - load of tosh if you ask me. I will have to try to not say what I really think!)

Finally the house is clean. Decs going up on Saturday so I am glad to have it clean before hand.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    I can see we ought to be getting commission from Amazon ...
  • kidcat
    kidcat Posts: 6,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Dont forget nectar points on Amazon. :)

Have been to schol meeting and am not sure how I feel, besides the waiting for half an hour for the ed psych to arrive, it was not a pleasant meeting. They have said the incident was a case of fifty fifty and that DS lashes out - which he does, they have agreed to watch more carefully too. But the rest of the meeting left me feeling sad, I asked questions relating to his class and was met with confidentiality wall at every turn. BUt in next breath was told I should be providing him with countdowns etc at home - how can I do that and prepare him for bigger stuff like new pupils if I dont know the timing because its confidential?

Just not sure they are not hiding something and its a worry.
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well, I'd trust your intuition more than I'd trust them Kidcat. To start with they denied the whole thing, now it's 50/50... sounds fishy even to me and I barely understand schools/kids etc.

To my mind the best you can do is just keep an eye on your DS and continue to encourage him to tell you what's going on at school.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • katieowl_2
    katieowl_2 Posts: 1,864 Forumite
    I agree with Soft Stuff...

I'm sorry if I've missed a specific post about what happened to your DS...but there's been so many posts on here recently.

If there's been some kind punch up, and they are being cagey to me it flags up that the other kid has some kind of history they are trying to cover up. My mum was a classroom support worker until this summer, and they had several kids in the class she didn't think should be in mainstream school. The usual excuse was Oh X has a few problems at home... grrrrr.

You have my sympathy totally because my DS hated school with every fibre of his being, and the only reason I continued to send him was that if I'd homeschooled him he'd have done no work for me, and I'd have been banged up with him 24/7 :rotfl:

ALWAYS trust your intuition...and don't rule out kicking up a fuss if you don't think they have your son's best interests at heart.

Kate
  • Popperwell
    Popperwell Posts: 5,088 Forumite
    Softstuff wrote: »
    Pops, if I told you what our mortgage, body corp and various utility bills come to here on a tiny 1 bed unit you'd pass out :rotfl:

I know, it's bad the world over, I suspect America is not necessarily as good as we see, sure it is if you have managed to get to the top of the ladder but with health insurance and other things thrown in...unless it is a documentary showing the worst of a country, the TV and films show the best of everything which gives a wrong impression of how most live. We all have the same worries. Health, a roof over your head, food on the table, to be warm and hope that our loved ones are safe.

We don't see that much about Australia on TV here unless it is the impression given by series' like Home and Away or Neighbours.

I have an Uncle somewhere in Australia and since his wife passed away he admits life is a struggle so the weather may be good and he can get out due to a better bus service, he has had to cut back on most other things.

And he and his wife were Brits that emigrated many years ago.
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
  • Popperwell
    D&DD wrote: »
    We have white fluffy stuff...:eek:

We have more ice and if as I discovered last night black ice I won't risk trying to walk, it will be a taxi for me. I'm staying indoors today and getting on top of the housework. I'm making myself do it!
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
  • Popperwell
    unixgirluk wrote: »
    I've cheated and put my boots on today. We're not supposed to wear them to work. No locker so its not as though I can keep shoes at work and too much of a pain carrying shoes as well as my packed lunch, my bag and briefcase.

Iget so annoyed about this with work places, we have some places that are not putting the heating on for workers or have it so low people are cold even though I thought we had some ruling on that or they don't like their workers arriving with extra items like bags to put clothes/footwear in whilst on their premises even if what the worker is bringing in makes them safer or warmer in the kind of weather we have at present.

Some time ago on another thread there was the chance someone's buses/trains could be taken off because of the weather so to show willingness to the boss/company and not leave early or get home and not be able to come back in, they took some items so they could stay there. And he was told no way. It was not because of health and safety either.

I heard on the radio the other day that because of the cost of petrol and travel to/from work some people are sleeping in their cars.:eek:

• Popperwell
    Remember accidents...this morning I kept seeing spots of dried blood on carpets all over the house and I knew I had cut myslf shaving but thought it can't be that...It wasn't I had cut my big toe on something sharp without knowing amongst the rubbish, good job I had a thick thermal sock on as it had even cut through that!

Well that sock is now darned and my toe has a variety of plasters on it!

Later I will have to go around removing the blood spots on the carpets, they may need replacing but they don't need blood on them as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure