IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Nasty tricks

Comments

• Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    You're right, a letter to the right person might make a difference [it's not likely, but there is a small chance].

So yes Op, if you've got the time and inclination, knock yourself out [as out American cousins would say].
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • FHENNING wrote: »
    I have just got home and found a parking eye fine.... I mean invoice on my mat. At first I cursed, swore got angry, then !!!!ed off...... all the usual reactions. Then afer reading this and other sites I am just angry with Parking Eye and relieved I decided to google them.

In my case, I took my wife shopping and parked in a retail park in Havant Hampshire. I didnt see any signs or parking restrictions limiting the free parking to 2 hours, and we were in the shops on the retail park for a little over 3 hours, spending a great deal of money.
    :mad:
    I am so angry I am going to do what all Englishmen do when faced with adversity....I am going to write a letter, not to Parking Eye as that would be a waste, but to Sports Direct, Next, Peacocks, Halfords, Hobbycraft,Pet city & Laura Ashley as they must have appointed Parking Eye to spy on the customers so I will complaining about the way they treat their customers and stating that I will never visit the retail park again....

That should sort them out.

As to Parking Eye I will ignore the Invoice and subsequent letters thanks to this site. Thanks:T
    these companies DO NOT pay them....the companies simply give them permission to work on their land, because the shops do not get any cut from the fines...it simply goes into the ever growing pot which is from other paying pay up before researching properly.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 20 January 2014 at 12:46PM
    these companies DO NOT pay them....the companies simply give them permission to work on their land, because the shops do not get any cut from the fines...it simply goes into the ever growing pot which is from other paying pay up before researching properly.
    This is an old thread, with old advice

NO REPLIES HERE PLEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    trisontana wrote: »
    They are not "fines".

Just to repeat

THEY ARE NOT FINES!

Have a nice day ;)
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    "the companies simply give them permission to work on their land" If that is literally correct then of course these companies have no right of action whatsoever.

It is quite normal for these companies to not have sufficient rights (agency or landowner rights).
  • Oopsadaisy
    My brother's friend told me I need to pay the fine or the bailiffs will call round.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • taffy056
    Oopsadaisy wrote: »
    My brother's friend told me I need to pay the fine or the bailiffs will call round.

Can I ask your reasons for being here? this site is here to help people, you are confusing people deliberately, and posting up troll like posts, if you want to discuss this issue of PPCs, either make a thread for it, or don't reply at all, you are disrupting threads by your stupid comments!
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
  • Oopsadaisy
    taffy056 wrote: »
    Can I ask your reasons for being here?

Mainly for the camaraderie.
  • taffy056
    Oopsadaisy wrote: »
    Mainly for the camaraderie.

I think more likely for something selfish, really you are not helping here, and I will not respond to your inane comments further.
  • Oopsadaisy
    taffy056 wrote: »
    I will not respond to your inane comments further.

Can I have that in writing??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure