Free Theatre & Concerts Tickets - Discussion Area

geordie_ben
geordie_ben Posts: 3,118 Forumite
First Anniversary
edited 18 October 2010 at 8:17AM in Freebies (no spend required)
Please use this thread to chat about the free theatre ticket offers which can be found here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=37596830#post37596830

Please note that swapping of tickets should not be posted as it is against the site rules to exchange personal details. See here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=3477024&postcount=20

If you obtained your tickets via seefilmfirst, you should email them so they can re-allocate your tickets.

Quote:
If by change you cannot make it to a screening, we can give your ticket to someone else. Please let us know by e-mail on [EMAIL="icantgo@seefilmfirst.com"]icantgo@seefilmfirst.com[/EMAIL]

Comments

• Poochface
    Poochface Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Rainey_LB wrote: »
    Pooch I tried to pm you but your box is full!!

My georgraphy up north is not that great, not sure how far Manchester is from Liverpool really but ShowFF just released tickets for Guns n Roses tomorrow night.

code 479815

Not sure it would be of interest but free concerts don't come up that often!!

Oh hair follicles!!!!! This clashes with a preview of Let Me In!!! Why is life so difficult? I've missed so many previews lately, can't afford to go to concerts anymore and now I have to choose between the two!:mad: Thanks ShowFF:p
  • Rainey_LB
    Rainey_LB Posts: 1,226 Forumite
    Poochface wrote: »
    Oh hair follicles!!!!! This clashes with a preview of Let Me In!!! Why is life so difficult? I've missed so many previews lately, can't afford to go to concerts anymore and now I have to choose between the two!:mad: Thanks ShowFF:p

I went to GnR on Thursday and although I had a good night, as with the previous night GnR didn't come on stage until just after 22.00, and the warm up (19.30-20.30) was Sebastian Bach from Skid Row........just sounded like noise to me!! :rotfl:

So if you go to GnR be prepared to be waiting around, once they got on they were good, but I had to miss the last half hour becuase I would have missed the last tube and of course they saved all the best til last....that may or may not help your decision!!
    :hello:
  • Just got my free GnR tickets - people who got them for the other days - are they seated or standing as i need to know if i need to take stuff to get changed into after work if they're standing

Dont fancy going in the pits in work trousers, shirt and shoes :P
  • Rainey_LB
    turniplord wrote: »
    Just got my free GnR tickets - people who got them for the other days - are they seated or standing as i need to know if i need to take stuff to get changed into after work if they're standing

Dont fancy going in the pits in work trousers, shirt and shoes :P

At the O2 we were seated, at the side of the stage.
  • Rainey_LB wrote: »
    At the O2 we were seated, at the side of the stage.

Cheers - shouldn't have to get changed then :) Just hope they come ona bit quicker otherwise i may ahve to leave at about 11:10 to catch my last bus - otherwise its a nice 3 hour walk again :P
  • sarks
    sarks Posts: 55 Forumite
    turniplord wrote: »
    Cheers - shouldn't have to get changed then :) Just hope they come ona bit quicker otherwise i may ahve to leave at about 11:10 to catch my last bus - otherwise its a nice 3 hour walk again :P

I'd have loved to have seen GnR back in the day. Now I wouldn't give them the time of day thanks to Axl's selfish and arrogant behaviour. Slash wrote in his biography a large part of him leaving was down to Axl keeping the band and the fans waiting until he felt like going on. Often this meant a 2 hour wait and the band felt terrible keeping them waiting. Axl Rose can suck my kiss to nick a Chilli's phrase!

Shame as they have good music but I'm not hanging around for anyone that thinks they are so worthwhile as to leave thousands of people missing their last tube home. Just boorish and overwhelmingly arrogant. Bah.

Rant over :j
    TANSTAAFL - unless you have a voucher for said lunch from MSE :D
  • Poochface
    Poochface Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Rainey_LB wrote: »
    I went to GnR on Thursday and although I had a good night, as with the previous night GnR didn't come on stage until just after 22.00, and the warm up (19.30-20.30) was Sebastian Bach from Skid Row........just sounded like noise to me!! :rotfl:

So if you go to GnR be prepared to be waiting around, once they got on they were good, but I had to miss the last half hour becuase I would have missed the last tube and of course they saved all the best til last....that may or may not help your decision!!

I was hoping I could get a ride from a friend because I guessed they woud be late, just not that late LOL. The last Nat Express coach leaves 23:59 so I would go for that because the last train is just after 11pm. Methinks Pooch might have to give this one a miss but I will have a good think about it. :(
  • I just printed off 2 Guns and Roses tickets. How many am i allowed to print? Is there a limit?
  • Rainey_LB
    sarks wrote: »
    I'd have loved to have seen GnR back in the day. Now I wouldn't give them the time of day thanks to Axl's selfish and arrogant behaviour. Slash wrote in his biography a large part of him leaving was down to Axl keeping the band and the fans waiting until he felt like going on. Often this meant a 2 hour wait and the band felt terrible keeping them waiting. Axl Rose can suck my kiss to nick a Chilli's phrase!

Shame as they have good music but I'm not hanging around for anyone that thinks they are so worthwhile as to leave thousands of people missing their last tube home. Just boorish and overwhelmingly arrogant. Bah.

Rant over :j
    I imagine a lot of people agree with you, hence soooooo many free tickets!! The upper tier (level 4) of the O2 was curtained off and and there were gaps all over level 1.
  • Rainey_LB
    edited 17 October 2010 at 9:46PM
    iceg0ddess wrote: »
    I just printed off 2 Guns and Roses tickets. How many am i allowed to print? Is there a limit?

You'll need to register with another email address to get more than 2, register that email in the Friend/Family's name who will be using them as they may ask for ID. At some point the allocation will run out and then you won't be able to get anymore.

Please only take what you are going to use, if you find you can't use them, return them so someone else can make use of them.

We should probably all be discussing this on GB's shiny new Theatre/Concert discussion thread over here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2798490
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family