Australian issues?

Is anyone having trouble with items going to Australia?

I had one item take almost 4 weeks recently but luckily the buyer closed the open INR when it arrived, so all was well. I've another one today, 3 weeks since sent and buyer wants a full refund as the item hasn't arrived.

I used to have Australia blocked due to issues with items not arriving or being so slow that cases were open and closed before arrival, and am wondering if I should block Australia again until after Christmas. I don't sell much there any more anyway due to postal costs, so it wouldn't be too much of an issue to block.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• Is anyone having trouble with items going to Australia?

Wasn't a Boomerang was it??? :D
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I’ve bought car parts from Australia and they have taken a good six to eight weeks to arrive. I thought that was normal.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,164 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good news, my latest case has been closed now as item has arrived. Looking at the ebay estimates they seem to suggest that items sent standard airmail will arrive within 7 days of postage , so buyers are obviously alarmed when it gets to the end of week 2 or beginning of week 3 without any sign of their goods.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 23 October 2017 at 11:52AM
    Not e-bay, but I have a friend in Oz

When sending her birthday/Christmas presents (usually in a large jiffy bag) I allow 5 weeks to be on the safe side.

I think it depends on which part of Oz you are sending stuff to - some areas are quite remote, so mail has to be transferred onto another internal flight once it arrives in, say, Sydney, before being sent for delivery.
  • Joraffe
    Joraffe Posts: 52 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    I have never had any issues posting to Australia - to cities or remote areas.
  • Lisbon
    Lisbon Posts: 415 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Yes. I have a long-standing penfriend in Australia and she used to get letters from me within a week. It now takes around 4 weeks (and she hasn't moved within Australia).
  • A few parcels from the end of September took 4 weeks reach to customers in Australia, hard to say where the issue is as I've read on the eBay boards of tracked parcels being delayed at Heathrow, fortunately Australian customers tend to be relatively patient if you reassure them it's on the way.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Australia has extremely high customs clearance procedures so I believe crates of stuff can sit for ages until they get around to examining it. Everything is scanned.
    Added to that there is no Saturday delivery (at least where my daughter lives) so even more delay.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure