Eon website frustration

Hi, anybody else having problems switching tariffs within the Eon website? (ie. from one Eon tariff to another)

I try the "Get a Quote" service repeatedly,failing. If not logged in to my account, I can go through the procedure up to the point where I actually want to initiate the switch. Then it requires me to log in and repeat the process, which is supposed to be more automated.

This then always fails at the point where the site is trying to access my existing energy usage info. It just hangs - I've left it for half an hour, with no joy. The info is in the system and up to date - I submitted a meter reading and got a new bill this very day.

This is a nuisance - the tariff I want is signup online only. I've tried several browsers, with same result.

Anyone else having this problem?

Stinker.

Comments

• E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Hi, anybody else having problems switching tariffs within the Eon website? (ie. from one Eon tariff to another)

I try the "Get a Quote" service repeatedly,failing. If not logged in to my account, I can go through the procedure up to the point where I actually want to initiate the switch. Then it requires me to log in and repeat the process, which is supposed to be more automated.

This then always fails at the point where the site is trying to access my existing energy usage info. It just hangs - I've left it for half an hour, with no joy. The info is in the system and up to date - I submitted a meter reading and got a new bill this very day.

This is a nuisance - the tariff I want is signup online only. I've tried several browsers, with same result.

Anyone else having this problem?

Stinker.

Good morning StinkerPinker,

I am so sorry, you're [FONT=&quot]absolutely[/FONT] right, the quote tool wasn't working :o

I know that the website guys have this raised and they are working to get it sorted out asap.

Would you be able to try again a bit later on today please.

Thank you.

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Dear Helena,

Thank you for your help. I see the website is down for maintenance at the moment, so I will try to get the quote and switch this evening. I will report success or failure then.

Yours,
    Stinker.
  • Dear Helena,

I tried again just now but encountered the same fault. I'm still unable to switch my tariff due to this problem.

Could you get your website people to have another go? Thanks.

Yours,
    Stinker.
  • Yes, I still have the same problem.
  • Wolf3
    Wolf3 Posts: 216 Forumite
    There has been a few issues with Eon the website recently, i know my friend has had some issues with the Smart PAYG top up options, taking payments and whatnot.
  • hamski
    hamski Posts: 108 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Also had a problem with this , I signed up to the new online tariff on the 9th of oct and sat back thinking I was sorted but today received a letter telling me its the last chance to sign up to the same tariff.Can the EON representative have a look at my order(5062844) and tell me whats happening.
    Thanks
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Interesting. I was actually thinking of switching to Eon, now they finally have a tariff I consider competitive, because I am fed up with nPower's website. Perhaps I will stay put, after all.
  • Interestingly, I've not had a problem using the Eon website before, including the quote and switch function. This is a new fail.

I've just tried again and still no joy.

Get those coders working hard, Helena, or the take-up of your online-signup-only tariff is going to be rather thin!
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Afternoon all,

I'm so sorry that you're having problems on the website.

We do know about it and the IT guys have actually turned the whole thing off for now, this is to give them chance to get things back up ad running as they should be.

I know it's a pain and so [FONT=&quot]frustrating[/FONT], I'll post again when I get another update.

Thank you

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • hamski
    hamski Posts: 108 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Update on my previous post in case someone has registered for EON exclusive offer.
    My tariff ended today and I was supposed to go on to the tariff I chose on 9th oct, but have instead been put on energy plan.When I rang to complain I was informed eventually that I had signed up through a third party company and they had a backlog of customers for this offer.
    I was unaware that it was a third party company as the address I went through was eon1yearexclusive.com, and all the graphics indicated it was EON website.(powered by energylinx)
    The lady I spoke to said they would charge me for the tariff I signed up for from today but couldnt say when I would actually be moved on to it.
    Anyone else changed succesfully through this method ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure