new illness

i need some advice i am waiting on a tribunal for PIP and ESA , and i have being diagnosed with arthritis of the feet can you help me what to do as i havent a clue , i know they wont take this new illness into account , any advice please

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,930 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    i need some advice i am waiting on a tribunal for PIP and ESA , and i have being diagnosed with arthritis of the feet can you help me what to do as i havent a clue , i know they wont take this new illness into account , any advice please
    You're right they won't take into account. For PIP anyway you must have had the condition for at least 3 months. PIP also isn't about a diagnosis, it's about how your conditions affect you daily.

For ESA if you are found "fit for work" at the Tribunal you could use this as a new diagnosis/condition if you didn't have the symptoms when you first claimed ESA to make a new claim. Has your condition got worse because of this diagnosis? Having a diagnosis doesn't always mean your condition's become worse.
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The tribunal is reviewing the DWP decisions at the time they were made, so will consider your condition and abilities at those dates.
    However, the fact that you only now have a diagnosis may not be particularly significant if you were suffering the effects of these difficulties with your feet at the time of the DWP decision(s). If that is the case (and arthritis doesn't suddenly appear) then you can bring these difficulties into your tribunal submission.
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure