Am I entitled to a full refund

Options
Hi,

I brought 2 dresses from a website who shows as based in Portsmouth costing a total of 150.00. When the dresses arrived one was badly made and the other was not only badly made but it wasn't the dress ordered and didn't even look close to it.

I have contacted the company who have advised me that they will give me a 25% refund and that I should keep and sell the dresses. I have advised them that I don't think this is acceptable however they won't budge. I have only been able to contact them via email there is no telephone number on the website.

The items were paid for through paypal on a credit card I have contacted both paypal and the credit card company who have both stated that there is nothing I can do.

I just wondered if the advice i've been given by paypal and the credit card company is correct and I should accept the pittful offer of 25%, for 2 dresses that can't be worn let alone sold on.

Any advice anyone could offer would be gratefully received,

Thank you

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What website?
  • Simple_but_hopefull
    Options
    dressesonlinesale.co.uk/
  • Simple_but_hopefull
    Options
    Ah ok, thanks for reponding :o)
  • bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 25 June 2012 at 12:41PM
    Options
    Beastface wrote: »
    That website is based in China so no unfortunately not a lot you're going to be able to do.

That is poor advice.

The domain is registered to someone in China, which is frankly irrelevant, but the company, EdressesGlobal UK Co., Ltd, is registered in the UK:

Company No. 07838978

EDRESSESGLOBAL UK CO., LTD
    UNIT 10
    VOYAGER PARK, PORTFIELD ROAD
    PORTSMOUTH
    UNITED KINGDOM
    PO3 5FL

The OP should write to them at that address and tell them she'll see them in the Small Claims Court if she doesn't get her money back. It may be a front for a Chinese operation, but the OP has contacted them in the UK and received a reply, so they do have a real operation (and hence assets) here.

OP, did you follow the returns procedure on their website? How long is it since you received these items?

Return Process & Address

Return Process
    1. Contact our Customer Service within 15 days after your receiving the orders. Include a specific explanation and clear corresponding photographs documenting the reason for the return. Returns will not be accepted without prior approval from Customer Service.
    2. Once Customer Service has approved your request, they will send you a confirmation email with a Product Return Form attached. Please submit the Product Return Form to us and write the Document# on the bill when you return the item. Please kindly inform us the Tracking No. and inquiring website of the Express in time for us to tracing.
    3. We will refund you within 3-5 working days once we receive and confirm the package. If the order is not kept originally, we won’t refund but return back.

Return Address
    Unit 10 Explorer Voyager Park, Portfield Road,
    Portsmouth, PO3 5FL,
    United Kingdom
    Contactor Person: Steve
    Je suis Charlie.
  • wealdroam
    Options
    bazster wrote: »
    ...the OP has contacted them in the UK and received a reply, so they do have a real operation (and hence assets) here.
    I think the OP has only contacted them by email...
    I have only been able to contact them via email there is no telephone number on the website.
    so they could be anywhere. ;)
  • bazster
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 25 June 2012 at 4:26PM
    Options
    Incidentally, the only director of Edressesglobal is a Wei Pang of Shanghai.

BUT there is another company (Stone Bridge United Ltd) registered at the exact same Portsmouth address. One of their directors is a bloke named Steven. I'd hazard a guess that this is the exact same Steve referenced as the "Contactor Person" in the aforementioned returns process.

And Steven lives here:

http://company-director-check.co.uk/director/916335076

This outfit also operates from the exact same address:

http://www.battery-supplier.co.uk

Surprise surprise, that domain is also registered to someone in China.

Their 'phone number is 02392 160866 (and that is a Portsmouth number). I'm betting that it's answered by someone called Steve...
    Je suis Charlie.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I presume since you said paypal said there is nothing they can do, that you are outside of their 45(?) day limit?
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • Simple_but_hopefull
    Options
    I received the items on 18/06/12 at 13:00 and sent my first email of complaint within one hour of receipt incuding photos of the damaged dress as required by the policy on their website, they emailed me back within 24 hours of each responce and I have replied to them instantly. I contacted both Barcleys and Paypal on the 22nd when I couldn't get them to offer past 25% of the total as a refund.
  • wealdroam
    Options
    OP, make a note of all that infomation in Bazter's excellent post before it gets deleted for having personal details in it. ;)
  • bazster
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    OP, make a note of all that infomation in Bazter's excellent post before it gets deleted for having personal details in it. ;)

The personal details are in the public domain already, as is the case for all directors of UK-registered companies:

http://company-director-check.co.uk/director/916335076
    Je suis Charlie.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family