Tripsta.co.uk

Has anyone booked through these guys before/ Doing a quick search online and I can not find any reviews etc. on them.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Yes i booked some flights using them, i havent actually flown yet so not sure if there is a problem but so far so good
  • Butts
    Butts Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I booked a hotel from them for one night in Gibraltar this December.

I have received my CC statement and it shows a payment to Travel Planet 24 in Greece converted into Euros ....

Getting a bit worried as the transaction was purchased in Sterling on the Tripsta uk website.

Should I be worried :D
  • teralin
    teralin Posts: 138 Forumite
    Any further experiences of Tripsta? I have found an exceptionally good price on a hotel in the US via Trivago search site. They are showing Tripsta offering the same hotel at half the price of other booking companies. Tripsta are showing the IATA logo at the bottom of their web page.
  • teralin
    I am going to answer my own question. I went ahead and booked the hotel in question and I received my voucher immediately. I phoned up Tripsta to check that all was ok and I spoke to a very helpful person who confirmed that the booking was on the system. The voucher showed that Tripsta booked my hotel via Kuoni who have a good reputation. Tripsta website also explained that as they are based in Athens, my sterling price would be converted to euros and it showed me the euro price. Every step of the booking process was explained and simple. So I don't expect problems but I will report back at the end of the year.
  • joey827 wrote: »
    Yes i booked some flights using them, i havent actually flown yet so not sure if there is a problem but so far so good

Hello!
    Have you already flown?
    I've just booked a flight (that was also on ebookers at the same price)... but they don't even ask for a passeport number... isn't it strange? Can we go to the airport just with te reservation number?
    thank you!
    :)
  • Has anyone used tripsta? Are they people that have commented on here been on their holidays yet?
    Again I have seen a really good price from tripsta compared to others, just wanted to check that it's not to good to be true!!
  • Butts
    Butts Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Has anyone used tripsta? Are they people that have commented on here been on their holidays yet?
    Again I have seen a really good price from tripsta compared to others, just wanted to check that it's not to good to be true!!

See my post (no 3) my hotel room was waiting for me and had been paid in advance so nothing payable by me on arrival. It was ok in my case using Tripsta :D
  • teralin
    I can now report that my booking made through Tripsta was totally without problem. The hotel had my room waiting for me, it was prepaid in full and was a very good deal. So I give Tripsta a big thumbs up.
  • All ok for me too!
    I bought a flight on tripsta and I went to Stockholm without problem!
  • With the positive reviews, above, to give me some comfort, I decided to book 4 nights in an Athens hotel in April via tripsta - by far the best value of the comparison sights and much, much cheaper than the advertised price on the hotel's website. Happy to report back late April - fingers crossed with all that's going on in Greece that this company (and the hotel!) keep afloat until then ...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure