PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Sunday 22nd October 2017

124»

Comments

• Hi Friends thanks so much for all your good wishes, Frank had some more tests today involving a camera etc, and tomorow morning first thing he will have an op. to fit a stoma to by-pass his intestine which may make him a bit more comfortable at least

Its been quite a day, and I seem to have been liason person for the family and spent half of today on the phone trying to cheer up DD and family in New York.

DD and Son-in-law wanted to fly home asap but they can't get their flights altered, so they won't be home until Friday.

My youngest DD has her foot op this Friday and the boys are all off of school for two weeks, so its a case of keeping everything running as smoothly as possible.

Frank's wife Margaret is a very old good friend of mine and a lovely lady and I have been on and off the phone to her today trying to keep her feeling positive as well.

They live about 30 odd miles from me and I have told her if she needs anything just to ring.

She is over 80 herself and doesn't drive But I have managed to find a lovely neighbour who can help with the ferrying to the hospital a few times this week.
    My DGD is fretting about her grandpa as well so I'm trying to keep her cheerful and upbeat also

Good job we are quite a close knit family and I will be glad to see my eldest DD when she gets back from the USA on Friday though.

Meanmarie you were fortunate with your damage my niece Marie, who lives at Minane Bridge has only just got her electric back on tonight .

Her water was a problem, as it comes from the well on their property and is driven by an electric pump, so no showers or proper flushing loo since Ophelia struck. It seems everything is going wrong at the moment ,but fingers crossed , especially for our Frank bless him tomorrow morning.

Right, I'm going to have a word with The Big Guy before I go to sleep I'm sure he doesn't need Frank as much as his wife Margaret does

Love to you all

JackieO xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family