Eon Smart Meter Adjustment?

Hi to the Eon rep on the forum, I'm afraid I forgot your name.
Since the 10.10.17 it seems my overnight "Admin Charge" has halved from approx 46p to 23p. Happy of course, but just wondered why and if it will be remaining at that rate?
I also noticed the "credit" icon at bottom left of the display. Does that have any significance or was it always there and I haven't noticed?
Hope you are all well.
Rick

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi to the Eon rep on the forum, I'm afraid I forgot your name.
    Since the 10.10.17 it seems my overnight "Admin Charge" has halved from approx 46p to 23p. Happy of course, but just wondered why and if it will be remaining at that rate?
    I also noticed the "credit" icon at bottom left of the display. Does that have any significance or was it always there and I haven't noticed?
    Hope you are all well.
    Rick

Hello Rick, it's Malc. The other E.ON rep's Helena. We're fine thanks. Hope you are too?

By Admin Charge, do you mean the Daily Standing Charge? If you do, have you recently changed tariff or set up a Monthly Direct Debit?

Although most of our tariffs have the same Daily Standing Charges, there were odd ones released about a year ago (no longer available) which had different daily rates. Also, there are lower Daily Standing Charges for paying with a Monthly Direct Debit. These will stay the same unless you switch tariff, cancel a Monthly Direct Debit or, if on a variable tariff, we have a price change.

The credit icon means you have a credit meter rather than a prepayment type.

Hope this helps Rick. Let me know if still unclear.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Is it a new/recent smart meter installation, as it can take time for your correct Stnading charge and unit price to be uploaded to your IHD.
  • Hi Guys, I've had no change to my account. I have the EoN 2 year fixed tariff V.10 ending 28/4/19.
    I did check my account and I was in credit by £51, but I believe that was transferred to my bank account.
    Anyway, I'm in credit. Just checking.
    Many thanks for your help as always.
  • No, I've had it about 6 months and it has run the same DSG since installation. Which is why I was intrigued why it seemed to change the figure for no apparent reason on 10.10.17!?

Anyway, all seems okay. Thanks guys.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi Guys, I've had no change to my account. I have the EoN 2 year fixed tariff V.10 ending 28/4/19.
    I did check my account and I was in credit by £51, but I believe that was transferred to my bank account.
    Anyway, I'm in credit. Just checking.
    Many thanks for your help as always.
    No, I've had it about 6 months and it has run the same DSG since installation. Which is why I was intrigued why it seemed to change the figure for no apparent reason on 10.10.17!?

Anyway, all seems okay. Thanks guys.

That's a strange one Rick. As you're on a fixed tariff, the Daily Standing Charge won't have changed since you went on the tariff 6 months ago. Please let me know if anything changes again. I'm intrigued.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Will do Malc. Thanks again, mate.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport