Walk 1000 miles

Options

Comments

• Mobeen_Younas
    Options
    Yes a person can walk 100 miles in 24 hours. People do it all over the world every year. It takes serious training. A slow build up in mileage. The United States has a club and races for people interested in giving a 100 mile walk in 24 hours a try. If successful you join a very small group of 87 United States Centurions. United States Centurion Walkers All total there are six Centurion Clubs around the world. Each club has the same high standard. You must walk 100 miles within 24 hours. 287 Centurions worldwide belong to more than one club. The list of people with Multiple Centurion club memberships is here.
    Well I know I'm gonna be
    I'm gonna be the man who goes along with you, (who?)
    If I get drunk, (If I get drunk, ) well I know I'm gonna be
    I'm gonna be the man who gets drunk next to you, (yeah) Yes!
    And if I haver, (when I hav... What does haver mean, )
    Yeah I know I'm gonna be I'm gonna be the man who's havering to you, (It's on 'ere)

But I would walk 500 miles
    And I would walk 500 more
    Just to be the man who walked a thousand miles
    To fall down at your door
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,617 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As of today I am back to a 1 mile buffer. Still going but no chance to take a break. I will get there :)
    697 miles completed against a target of 696.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    Just back from my long walk, Carlisle to Cleveleys. It wasn't quite as long as I first thought. It was 110 miles, which I did in six days.

Added to my total, this makes 921 miles so far this year. :j

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • Ilona
    Options
    Nine months in and I'm on 938 miles. I use no gadgets to monitor steps or distances. A lot of my walking is done on a measured three mile route around my village, as checked on bikehike.co.uk I walk this most days, then add in any longer walks I do. I don't count dog walking because the dog is very slow, keeps stopping, don't count walking while shopping. Only count the miles when I actually go out for a walk.

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
  • MallyGirl
    Options
    I am still plodding along - just 2 miles behind the plan at 781 miles to date. I am going to try and get DH to go for a proper walk both days of the weekend as the normal daily dog walk is too short to claw back the deficit, plus he lets the dog he takes dawdle so much that I get snappy. DH doesn't dawdle on a 'proper' walk. The temperatures might be against us though.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
  • Ilona
    Options
    Hi Mally. Keep going, do as much as you can.

I went a proper walk on Friday with two buddies, we did 13 miles in the Yorkshire Wolds. It has bumped me up to 981.

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
  • Ilona
    Options
    THAT'S IT. DONE THE 1000 MILES. :T:T:T

Now I keep going because I have changed my target to 100 miles a month. I WILL keep fit and I WILL stay fit. This is for life not just for Christmas. :happyhear

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Ilona wrote: »
    THAT'S IT. DONE THE 1000 MILES. :T:T:T

Now I keep going because I have changed my target to 100 miles a month. I WILL keep fit and I WILL stay fit. This is for life not just for Christmas. :happyhear

Ilona

Well done Ilona :T:T
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • MallyGirl
    Options
    Indeed that is well done.

I am still going - on 818 against a target of 816 so I am just back in the black.

We have 4 days with dogs but without DD in the New Forest in November so that should be a big boost.
  • Ilona
    Options
    Striding towards 1100 at the end of the month, now on 1070. 12 more days at 3 per day will get me there. I'm doing some newsletter deliveries at the moment so that helps. Mind you walking up and down the driveways of big houses is not very exciting, good for peeking into people's gardens though. :D

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills