Rotpunkt V Schuller V Alno/Intoto Kitchens

BL888
BL888 Posts: 7 Forumite
Hi All

I am looking at extending the kitchen with a full rebuild.

I was originally looking to go to Alno/Intoto but after reading many posts on this forum the recommended german brands are Schuller and Rotpunkt for both quality and value. Does this sound right as both brands have nice gloss white kitchens which is what the misus is after.

Wheres the best place to get Rotpunkt or schuller kitchens in the Surrey area?

Thanks

Comments

• cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 August 2017 at 3:22PM
    72985240 wrote:
    Hi there,

Please send an email to [EMAIL="info@inhouseltd.co.uk"]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/EMAIL]with your name, address and postcode and we will send you the showroom details for Schüller kitchens closest to your area.

Thanks
    As a company rep. you need MSE permission to post on these forums.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    cajef wrote: »
    As a company rep. you need MSE permission to post on these forums.

They've been reported (and removed). You may want to edit the username in your quote so they don't get any further publicity!
  • Jenniefour
    Jenniefour Posts: 1,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    You've made the right choice on who to avoid. Do a Google search in your area. Depending on how long you're willing to spend researching you might find a dealer out of your area who will do you a better price. I bought a Schuller kitchen about 8 years ago for my previous property (London), dealer was 200 miles away and Schuller delivered it themselves. Great service, and they supplied proper electrical and plumbing plans to boot. Kitchen fitter was well impressed. You will also get good kitchen design. They usually know all the tips that make a kitchen look better as well, like putting in a hood that's wider than the hob.

Only thing I would say, and the dealers might have me on the hit list for saying this, is consider not having corner units. They're about as ergonomic and efficient to use as trying to drive a grand piano. They're expensive, full of fiddly this and that (which, of course, some see as attractive until they have to live with the blinking things on a daily basis, fishing things out from the backs of them but they do have a "novelty" pull to them), and use up space on the runs, which could be put to better use. To be fair, dealers are wanting to make a profit, and so they should too. But money on corner units can be better spent elsewhere, in my view.
  • ryder72
    ryder72 Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    At this point in time, Alno AG is in administration so be very wary of buying anything from Intoto/Alno.

Alno has been in financial difficulty forever and they are trying to get themselves out of the mess but its not going to be easy. They had to let one of their 4 brands go last week.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • BL888
    Jenniefour wrote: »
    You've made the right choice on who to avoid. Do a Google search in your area. Depending on how long you're willing to spend researching you might find a dealer out of your area who will do you a better price. I bought a Schuller kitchen about 8 years ago for my previous property (London), dealer was 200 miles away and Schuller delivered it themselves. Great service, and they supplied proper electrical and plumbing plans to boot. Kitchen fitter was well impressed. You will also get good kitchen design. They usually know all the tips that make a kitchen look better as well, like putting in a hood that's wider than the hob.

Only thing I would say, and the dealers might have me on the hit list for saying this, is consider not having corner units. They're about as ergonomic and efficient to use as trying to drive a grand piano. They're expensive, full of fiddly this and that (which, of course, some see as attractive until they have to live with the blinking things on a daily basis, fishing things out from the backs of them but they do have a "novelty" pull to them), and use up space on the runs, which could be put to better use. To be fair, dealers are wanting to make a profit, and so they should too. But money on corner units can be better spent elsewhere, in my view.

Hi Jenniefour

Many thanks for the response.m Which Schuller range did you go for? Are you able to PM me the dealer/installer you went with? I live literally on the outskirt of London.

Thanks
  • BL888
    ryder72 wrote: »
    At this point in time, Alno AG is in administration so be very wary of buying anything from Intoto/Alno.

Alno has been in financial difficulty forever and they are trying to get themselves out of the mess but its not going to be easy. They had to let one of their 4 brands go last week.

Hi Ryder

woooooo thanks for the information. Who would have known.

Ive read many of your posts re kitchens. Would you say that overall Schuller and Rokpunkt are the best to go for in terms of quality and value?

Thanks
  • Jenniefour
    BL888 wrote: »
    Hi Jenniefour

Many thanks for the response.m Which Schuller range did you go for? Are you able to PM me the dealer/installer you went with? I live literally on the outskirt of London.

Thanks

The range I went for was in price bracket 2, from memory. You can download a brochure from the internet, and probably the same with the other brand. Go into a dealer and have a good look. Overall quality on all ranges is good, it's the choices in colours/finishes, that partly determine the price bracket.
  • Jenniefour
    ryder72 wrote: »

Good information. They have a lot of high street presence, two in my immediate local area, and they do look good to the unwary. They know how to do good window dressing and easy to get pulled in by the glitz and glamour. I'd like to see them disappear, folks are paying through the nose for them.
  • ryder72
    ryder72 Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Have to agree. Alno products are the most overpriced on the market.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • We looked at Intoto/Alno and there were very expensive when compared to other brands and independents.

We finally decided to go for a Sheraton kitchen from Leekes in Coventry. I think the nearest one to Surrey is in Swindon and I did notice in the showroom that Leekes are a Rotpunkt dealer too.

The designer (Gareth) was fantastic. The units we chose weren't cheap but we have gone for something we couldn't find anywhere else, like Wickes, and have gone for a laquered door finish rather than a foil/vinyl wrapped finish. We did get some very good prices on the appliances we wanted and they price matched everything and not just to well known retailers like John Lewis, they price-matched our tap with an online only company I had never actually heard of. In fact I tried to find everything cheaper online (apart from the units) and with the exception of a handful of items Leekes original prices were the best.

I totally agree with BL888 with regard the corner unit. To give you an real example. We had a corner unit with a contraption in our original quote and with much ummming and arhhing we decided we could live without it. We actually saved nearly £600 by having the exact same corner unit but without the pully out thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure