Atos Home Visit

Comments

• dave030445
    dave030445 Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Damn.... it does serve as a reminder that the 'nice understanding HCP' may not always be as seems and it does catch some out at least in terms of expectations. (In contrast my HCP seemed lacking in interest and expertise yet at some level produced something generally resembling of reality despite some clear contradictions and errors). Obviously you don't have the decision yet but I would work on the basis that the odds are the decision will mirror the report. You have the advantage now of time... while you wait for decision you can consider what your responses to likely decision will be and whether further evidence could be gathered etc for later challenge if you saw fit. I would say there is possibility you could challenge the report and try to do so before they take a decision... I did but it made no difference... however it did form the basis of my reconsideration request down the line. In my case the report was full of flaw but largely helpful to my claim... in your case you'll have to assess the impacts of that report. Plenty advice I'm sure you'll get here as matters progress.

She really did give the option that she was a friend and she wanted to help. I do now get the impression that she was trying to get me to drop my guard. She kept saying oh poor you how do you cope that must me terrible to live with poor you.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    dave030445 wrote: »
    She really did give the option that she was a friend and she wanted to help. I do now get the impression that she was trying to get me to drop my guard. She kept saying oh poor you how do you cope that must me terrible to live with poor you.
    Muttley is right a lot do give the impression they're geniune and really nice but when the report comes back they've been stabbed in the back. I didn't want to say anything when you said how nice the person was. I was lucky enough to have a very geniune person not once but 3 times. For PIP and ESA.
  • Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,742 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I think key is to imagine that a police interrogation often employs tactics of 'good cop and bad cop' but with the intention of getting admissions and important facts over efficiency.

With these assessments you might face one or both tactics but very much with a greater emphasis usually on efficiency than obtaining admissions and important facts. Some people will be helpful in enabling them to efficiently get through the computer driven assessment if approached in friendly way and some others in more aggressive way. I found in both my WCA many years ago and my PIP assessment last year extremes of both tactics were employed in the same assessment... which implies to me they found neither worked for them... which shouldn't be surprising given my background and my planning. Claimants I would suggest simply be weary of the assessment 'passing them by'... where few facts are given or difficulties not fully explained.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • dave030445
    i heard on here that you can only get the enhanced rate of mobility component if you can walk less then 20 meters this is not true.
  • poppy12345
    i heard on here that you can only get the enhanced rate of mobility component if you can walk less then 20 meters this is not true.
    You're wrong i'm afraid. The mobility part is 20 metres or less for Enhanced. Don't forget the reliablity criteria though, they mostly forget about this part.
  • dave030445
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    You're wrong i'm afraid. The mobility part is 20 metres or less for Enhanced. Don't forget the reliablity criteria though, they mostly forget about this part.

can you get the following
    b. Can stand and then move more than 50 metres but no more than 200 metres, either aided or unaided. 4 points

and then

c. For reasons other than psychological distress, cannot plan the route of a journey. 8 points.

This adds up to 12 points

sorry for all the question im just seeing where i can collect extra points
  • poppy12345
    can you get the following
    b. Can stand and then move more than 50 metres but no more than 200 metres, either aided or unaided. 4 points

and then

c. For reasons other than psychological distress, cannot plan the route of a journey. 8 points.

This adds up to 12 points

sorry for all the question im just seeing where i can collect extra points
    I believe they changed the descriptors for mental health making it extremely difficult to get awarded more than 4 points for "planning and following a journey. If i'm wrong then i'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will reply.
  • poppy12345
    I'm begining to get confused with all your posts in different places. Sorry but please try to keep these questions together. So many people post questions and i don't have the greatest short term memory. Weren't you award 10 points for both parts?
  • dave030445
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    I'm begining to get confused with all your posts in different places. Sorry but please try to keep these questions together. So many people post questions and i don't have the greatest short term memory. Weren't you award 10 points for both parts?

Yes I think I will be awarded 10 points for both parts. I was just trying to work out different combination so I can see with I have more chance of getting. Sorry for the 2 post the other was supposed to be asking if anyone had it changed at MR STAGE
  • poppy12345
    As you haven't actually had the decision yet, i think you should wait until you know what this is. I know mostly the DM goes with the report but it has been know for them to go against it. You would also need to get more evidence to support those extra points if needed. Anyway, Monday won't be long now and you'll be able to ring for that decision.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure