Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    phillw wrote: »
    I'm not convinced that you can get interest.
    2 lots of interest credited to my account. 14p end of Feb and 30p March. As they are not billing me as no meters set up yet the credit balance is building up and more interest applied.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    2 lots of interest credited to my account. 14p end of Feb and 30p March. As they are not billing me as no meters set up yet the credit balance is building up and more interest applied.

If you have gone for gas, then even with a set up online account they are not billing. It will be interesting to see how they play the credit dimension.
  • PaschalFun
    PaschalFun Posts: 241 Forumite
    Options
    phillw wrote: »
    I'm not convinced that you can get interest.

"4.14 Our interest credits are linked to your energy usage and so you promise that you will not make payments into your account just to receive interest credits. If we think you are making payments into your account just to receive interest credits, we will refund the extra amounts to you and may withhold the interest credits on those amounts."

They start taking money before they start supplying, but I'm not sure that counts as in credit either.

Care to explain further please? Why are you not convinnced and what are you not sure about?
    4.11 Any credit on your account on the 1st day of a month in the contract term will accrue interest throughout that month at the rate set out in your contract letter, and will be shown as a credit on your account in your next bill.

This bearing in mind
    4.6 You agree to pay us by Direct Debit in an agreed fixed amount in advance each month, calculated to cover your supply over the year and to keep your account in credit at all times.

I cannot fail to see how you would not earn interest

(Obviously this does not apply to any PPM customers)
  • PaschalFun
    PaschalFun Posts: 241 Forumite
    Options
    MCGONIS wrote: »
    .... NOT HAPPY WITH IRESA.
    PaschalFun wrote: »
    If you are not happy with your supplier, ditch & switch.
    Iresa make this easy for you as they do not have any early exit fees :)
    MCGONIS wrote: »
    ... Iresa are causing me to worry about something. I think I am going to move.

Well done on following my advice :)

Shame it's going to cost you more money, but if that's what makes you happy...
  • youravinalarrrf
    Options
    Just to add insult to injury the monthly bills are supposedly due today. Pigs might fly! :D

It turns out that maybe pigs can fly after all! :D

Overnight I've received both my first electricity and gas bills although I'm not sure whether it's good news or bad news until I've had a chance to have a proper look at them.

First impressions are not good they haven't even bothered to line up the address fields properly.

More importantly I need to find my abacus to work out exactly what they've done with the calorific value for gas as it's still as plain as mud on the gas bill.

Why Iresa have this ridiculous fixation with using multipliers instead of simply stating the actual calorific value they have used for the period on the bill and providing the conversion formula alongside in the same way as every other supplier I've ever used is totally beyond me. The actual calorific value they have used for the period is still not clearly stated anywhere on the bill!

To me this just seems like an unnecessary complication deliberately designed to further confuse already confused customers and I'm not sure doing this complies with the terms of their Operators License.

At first glance there's also a lack of any actual usage information in the last 12 months nor any projected usage information with both fields just left blank (---) on both bills.
  • DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 562 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It turns out that maybe pigs can fly after all! :D

Overnight I've received both my first electricity and gas bills although I'm not sure whether it's good news or bad news until I've had a chance to have a proper look at them.

First impressions are not good they haven't even bothered to line up the address fields properly.

More importantly I need to find my abacus to work out exactly what they've done with the calorific value for gas as it's still as plain as mud on the gas bill.

Why Iresa have this ridiculous fixation with using multipliers instead of simply stating the actual calorific value they have used for the period on the bill and providing the conversion formula alongside in the same way as every other supplier I've ever used is totally beyond me. The actual calorific value they have used for the period is still not clearly stated anywhere on the bill!

To me this just seems like an unnecessary complication deliberately designed to further confuse already confused customers and I'm not sure doing this complies with the terms of their Operators License.

At first glance there's also a lack of any actual usage information in the last 12 months nor any projected usage information with both fields just left blank (---) on both bills.

I got an email saying mine were ready too. Can I access them though?.. can I %$^&"£ !
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    DonnySaver wrote: »
    I got an email saying mine were ready too. Can I access them though?.. can I %$^&"£ !
    Yeah, bit slow, but got mine. No panic.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Got my leccy bill today -spot on with readings I've supplied -and I received 23p interest too:T
  • lourhys
    lourhys Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    DONT DO IT
    They are absolute nightmare. I gave them correct readings when I moved over despite this they gave est reading to my leaving provider British Gas . The est was 2000 kw OVER my true reading. NO emails replied to , telephone number I've been on hold 90 mins three times before it cuts off. This is a nightmare . I am going to leave asap but I need my readings corrected urgently
  • firsttimemover
    Options
    Finally, my transaction pages updated on Friday with the meter readings I supplied at the end of March (none have gone on for Feb at all...) and this morning I got an email to say my bill had been generated...But the online account page won't load...

Oh, the suspense... have they finally managed to produce an accurate up to date bill after 6 months?!?!?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure