Tales from the city

Options

Comments

• ani*fan
    ani*fan Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    After a whole lot of hassle with HSBC, my DD for the new credit card is finally set up. Note for anyone pondering a balance transfer to this lot, if you don;t have a bank account with them, it's a real nightmare trying to service your CC. But I persevered and got there.

Still waiting on my flat deposit. Have emailed the leasing agent and am trying to contain my fury. :mad::mad::mad:

Otherwise, all is well. :)
    If you know you have enough, you're rich. ;)
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck with the deposit!
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good luck with the deposit!

Thanks for that hiddenshadow. I can only assume it is the leasing agents who are at fault here. They have been notoriously slow at getting anything done, so why would they change wiith this last final thing? I'm wondering if I can charge them interest on all the days over 28 when they haven't sorted out my deposit? That'd be good. :D I've sent them a stroppy email asking them to sort it out. If I don't hear from them tomorrow I'll ring them up too.

I'm getting really impatient with this debt busting. I'm also waiting on another cheque owed to me and with the deposit added, it'll make a big dent in the debt. Just wish they would hurry up!

Me and OH have a joint account for bills, we pay the same amount in each every month. We've been money saving with shopping and I think we're going to manage to sweep some leftover cash into a joint savings account at the end of this month. We're hoping to go on a holiday next summer so we're using the savings for that. I've just discovered shopitize and a few other cashback sites for food shopping so once I've figured out how to scan a barcode with my mobile phone, I'm good to go and save even more. :T

Otherwise, all is fairly quiet on the debt busting front. I need to get a ppi claim on the go with A and L, could get onto that this week.

Hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday. :)
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It looks like I made a mistake calculating interest on the target card. I'm 6p better off than I thought. :D

Total owed on target card £2434.36

I'm away to update my signature. :rotfl:
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Nice. :)

DH has gotten into shopitize and checkoutsmart. :) Have also checked quidco but they haven't had anything we want yet. I think so far we've made about £10 across the two apps? Probably spent a bit more on branded stuff than own-brand things (not counting the cashback), but as we also get cashback on the credit card spend it should still work out to our advantage.

Hope the cheques show up soon - I just had to chase BG for a refund they claimed was being done 3 weeks ago but wasn't actually in their system. :mad:
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think Santa may be bringing me a bike. :xmastree: :j
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ani*fan wrote: »
    I think Santa may be bringing me a bike. :xmastree: :j

Lets hope he can get it down the chimney :) Are you getting it through the cycle to work scheme?
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Will it have a shiny bell?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Igamogam wrote: »
    Lets hope he can get it down the chimney :) Are you getting it through the cycle to work scheme?

Maybe he can take the wheels off to make it fit? :D

The cycle to work scheme has long been and gone at work. I didn't realise it was a 4 week window, and I missed it, and it's never returned. So no, I think it may come from Halfo**s or somewhere similar. I've never had a new bike before, only second hand, so I'm a tad excited.
    Will it have a shiny bell?

I'd have thought a shiny bell would be essential, if it doesn't come with one, I may have to invest!

I heard from the deposit company, yes it was the leasing agent's fault, they hadn't even been in touch with the deposit company, but it's all sorted now and full deposit returned. :D:D Happy happy happy.

OH just cut my hair for the first time. :eek: Fortunately it looks amazing, she's done a great job, so that's £15 saved. Yippee!! :j Wish I could return the favour but I can only really manage it with clippers and we don't have any. Yet.

I've been ill this week which has boosted my no spend days to 7/15. I still have time to meet the target for the month I think. Fab. Nothing like being stuck in bed to cut down the spending.

Hiddenshadown, I just got the scanning ap for my phone and am figuring out how to work shopitize. I'll get onto that for my next weekly shop.

Nothing much else to report. Just keeping on going and finely tuning my debt repayment plan. I could spend hours tinkering away with it, and I do. :)

Happy weekend everyone.
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    ani*fan wrote: »
    OH just cut my hair for the first time. :eek:

:eek: You're brave, there's no way I would let my OH anywhere near my hair.

Sorry to hear you've been unwell but at least it saved you money :rotfl:
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1428.98/£1500 (95.3% saved).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure