What small DFW things will you do this week? W/C 15 May

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning all :hello: lovely to see everyone plans. I am in work today and my premonition of not feeling the love yesterday was correct. Not only was it silly busy but the main road out of the city was closed all day after they found an unexploded ww2 bomb. Cue over two hours to get home :( I was lucky as I decided to leave early, goodness knows what time it would have been otherwise. I think it's still shut so goodness knows what today will bring. That and I was up being sick in the night, feel fine straight after, just a bit sleep deprived ;)

My feeble list today:
    Left overs for lunch
    Fruit for snacks, have started calorie counting too foxgloves big realisation for me yesterday. Using free app to do.
    Tidy round before I go out
    Hot drink for commute
    Toasted a piece of HM malt loaf for breakfast
    Rescued 3 kiwi from bottom of fruit bowl and moved to eye line of fridge so I can see them to use up
    Check banking, surveys and FPL
    Early night ;)

Enjoy your day folks. PF.
  • katy_ann
    katy_ann Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Morning everyone! So yesterday I didn't manage a lot as I ended up having my SIL LO for more like 4 hours than the planned 1! But anyway, a new day!

- Try and get a doctors appointment for myself
    - Check bank accounts
    - Hoover living room
    - Go to Sainsbury's to buy more vests for LO after a few epic "explosions" that all my stain removing tricks can't erase!
    - Other than that NSD
    - Eat healthily and all meals from home

Have a lovely day all :) x
    Debt free once - Back again | Current debt: £3002.96 - January 2023 | Currently repaying £50 a month - Estimated DFD Jan 2028 | Make £2023 in 2023 #51 - £33.75/£2023
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,614 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning everyone
    Never had chance to get on yesterday. Just when I've completed one let of paperwork, more comes flying at me so will keep plodding through.
    Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend DNMS
    It hasn't helped that I slept badly over the weekend, but had a good night last night so feel,much better
    Must post my eBay parcels today
    Cat cleaning-just about to start
    Meeting tonight
    Must get some housework done
    While waiting for DD last night I managed to snag some YS bargains, including some bits for my DM
    Weather not great, it doesn't help my pain levels so it's nice just to keep moving and busy.

Sending hugs to those not having a great time at the minute, life can really throw us some curveballs at the best of times.
    Have a good day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Good Morning All,

Twins hope DS exam goes well, fingers crossed.

We went to look at a possible new place to live yesterday but it wasn't quite right. In the meantime we need to get on and finish the jobs in the house ready for the valuation. But on a miniscule budget:eek:
    It's pouring down here today, really need to wash the bedding but will hang on for a fine day I think.
    Todays list includes:
    -Post ebay parcels
    -Check bank
    -Food shop at Aldi (didnt get to it yesterday)
    -Pop into Tesco just for a few things I can't get in aldi
    -Have lots of listing to do for my ebay shop and need to do some storage organisation and planning.
    -I need to do some research for presents for June Birthdays (virtually one a day)
    -Finally set up a standing order to our savings account. We need to build up our emergency fund.

Have a great Tuesday x
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • Twins
    Twins Posts: 346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Julie67 wrote: »
    Good Morning All,

Twins hope DS exam goes well, fingers crossed.

We went to look at a possible new place to live yesterday but it wasn't quite right. In the meantime we need to get on and finish the jobs in the house ready for the valuation. But on a miniscule budget:eek:
    It's pouring down here today, really need to wash the bedding but will hang on for a fine day I think.
    Todays list includes:
    -Post ebay parcels
    -Check bank
    -Food shop at Aldi (didnt get to it yesterday)
    -Pop into Tesco just for a few things I can't get in aldi
    -Have lots of listing to do for my ebay shop and need to do some storage organisation and planning.
    -I need to do some research for presents for June Birthdays (virtually one a day)
    -Finally set up a standing order to our savings account. We need to build up our emergency fund.

Have a great Tuesday x

June is a crazy month for us too for present buying. It's DH's birthday, his brothers birthday twins birthday and our anniversary :eek: I seem to always struggle with the budget during this month. Let me know if you come across any good deals x
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 May 2017 at 1:31PM
    Afternoon all :)
    So far today:
    Free HG fruit from freezer for breakfast, instead of bought fruit :)
    Walked dog
    Went to sales unit first thing to look for an item that had sold on ebay, and found it there - luckily! Ebay stuff isn't supposed to be there! :doh:
    Small shop, needed some ingredients for the curry I have planned for tonight. Picked up some wine boxes for free packaging while I was at the supermarket.
    Paid the milk bill (not moneysaving, but only £7.96!)
    Put more money on my post office drop and go account card (also not moneysaving, but a business cost)
    Picked salad leaves from the garden to have with my houmous sandwich for lunch :)

Still to do:
    Pack the item rescued from my sales unit
    Post that and another item paid for yesterday evening
    Make a Thai chicken curry - enough for tonight plus another meal for the two of us :D I love cooking once and eating twice (or 3 times, sometimes).
    Make a cake of some description
    List some more ebay items
    Another dog walk, unless OH does it
    Some housework!
    Anything that needs doing in the garden
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Afternoon all!

Breakfast was powdered soup and leftover grapes from yesterday. Lunch was a YS prawn sandwich and half a bag of tortilla chips that have been knocking around for a few days and amazingly have avoided being eaten.

I forgot to take the turkey out of the freezer for slow cooker curry but I'm sure the freezer or YS shop with be forthcoming of something or other.

I've decided I hate the new sofa :o I have left it a few days to see if I can live with it but I don't think I can :( They did give me a throw in the same colour, I might try throwing it over something else to see if it integrates the colour a bit more. Three people have made enquiries about the other and then disappeared off the face of the earth. One other person has contacted me so I will give them a try or I could just try to sell the new one instead. My chair and love seat are both from M&S bought second hand at bargainous prices on ebay. The matching sofa is often on there but they are always just a bit too big, I never see the smaller sized one which is the one I really want, I should never have compromised.

I got a nice beach-themed scarf from the free table, I don't wear scarves (I've always felt way too hot, even before the menopause) but it would make cute little curtains somewhere (maybe in my Doblo if I decide to convert it into a camper van!)

Have a good day all!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Struggling a bit today in terms of time - just popping in to say hello to everyone. It was the first science exam today so it's been busy at work... And only 2 days until the next one.
  • Very good evening to all!

I've actually had two good days out of two so far :D

• 2 NSDs
    • All meals both days from stores - will be the same all week
    • Changed broadand/phone and saved £17 a month :eek:
    • Stopped being lazy - religiously recycling plastic food bags I take my lunches in. Used to just tear them open and bin them :o
    • Went round switching things off at the socket and made sure chargers were only plugged in when charging
    • Turned off the television when I was sitting reading a book - don't need background noise and it just uses power. Every little helps
    • Repaired my work shoes with a little super glue
    Not a bad week so far I think.
    Save
    Wyrd bid ful aread
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi May Marvelousos,

It's my last day off. :heartpuls Have saved money as I didn't feel like moving off the sofa. :(

Debt Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Three:

* Checked the Broadband allowance.

* Parcelled up old Broadband router-thinga-me-gig sold on eBay using materials from around the house and stamps earned through RM Surveys.

* Taught DW how to turn off new router thinga-me-gig!

* Made homemade KFC for dinner.

Onwards and upwards.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure