Making cards - Ideas (part 5)

Comments

• carmim
    carmim Posts: 197 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I was a member of C&C last year, saved a good few quid, what i didnt like about it was this year they renewed my membership without asking! It really stuffed my banking up... :mad:
  • carmim wrote: »
    I was a member of C&C last year, saved a good few quid, what i didnt like about it was this year they renewed my membership without asking! It really stuffed my banking up... :mad:

That seems really odd as they didn't with me, i'm on my second year but their was 3 months between my first year ending and me paying for my second year:cool:
    Life is like a box of chocolates..........you always seem to pick the hard ones!
  • carmim
    carmim Posts: 197 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    viclspence wrote: »
    That seems really odd as they didn't with me, i'm on my second year but their was 3 months between my first year ending and me paying for my second year:cool:

They took mine 2 weeks before mine ended! then it took me another 2 weeks to get it refunded.
  • rainmac you`ve been really busy, you definetly deserve a night of crafting lol, and your roast dinner is making my belly groan. ive been very sluggish today after sil bday party last nite, brought a load of leftover buffet food home so have been eating that today, inlaws also popped over this afternoon and didint leave til late so havent even cooked today. my youngest 2yrs old has come down with something, i think he may be getting my cough, he has a temp of 103 and has just been sick everywhere! have just put him to bed, and turned intercom up so should hear him if he needs me. i hate sickness bugs!!! hoping it may have been the coughing. xx
    One day I will live in a cabin in the woods
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    betterlife wrote: »
    rainmac you`ve been really busy, you definetly deserve a night of crafting lol, and your roast dinner is making my belly groan. ive been very sluggish today after sil bday party last nite, brought a load of leftover buffet food home so have been eating that today, inlaws also popped over this afternoon and didint leave til late so havent even cooked today. my youngest 2yrs old has come down with something, i think he may be getting my cough, he has a temp of 103 and has just been sick everywhere! have just put him to bed, and turned intercom up so should hear him if he needs me. i hate sickness bugs!!! hoping it may have been the coughing. xx

Oh no, bless him, a friend of my DS1's has had an awful cough for weeks and kept being sick but it was all to do with the cough. Hope your DS gets some sleep and feels much better tomorrow xxx
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • jazabelle
    jazabelle Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Hi everyone

Managed to get some cards made this weekend. Someone who makes lovely cards has also offered to teach me some stuff in return for me teaching her jewellery making. I find my cards are often same-y and a bit sparse looking. I also want to be able to do some really special ones for all the special birthdays this year. About five people I know are turning 50 and my Grandad 90. So they all need something special!

I'm doing some blog hopping now. :)
    "There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow." - Orison Swett Marden
  • Evening!!!

I've been sewing sock kitties and a monkey this weekend and not much time for anything else!!! I've had some orders this weekend and have been trying to get a few done as I am working this week for the first time in a year!!! It's only a 1-2 week temp job but it's a start! I finished my temp job end of Jan last year as they were no longer extending any temp contracts and then I was back and forth to the US and although I was in contact with an agency no work seemed to be around. I've got to be a bit of a homebird and only go out when I want to go shopping mostly!!! So it will be good to get out and back into the workplace again.

Congrats to the latest winners.

Hi to all the newbies!!

I bought some nice card from Asda last week - I think the brand is Nu-co and it has a shiny finish to it and is slightly heavier that they Poundland type card. I printed some tags out earlier and although it took a while for the ink to dry, I loved the finish on the paper. It was on offer at £1 a pack I think.

I also found some nice thick card toppers in Poundland which are fab quality and very sturdy - I've put a pic of them on my homepage!!

TomsMom - hope your OH feels better soon. Good to know the treatment has gone well for him.

Louby-Lou - hope you find your ring and glasses.

dragonllew - hope your finger is abit better today.
    The E-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.
  • ali.b.123
    ali.b.123 Posts: 1,240 Forumite
    Yoo hoo ladies, ooh all been busy bees again - where as I have been a lazy moo lunch at m-i-ls then chilled watching a film all afternoon - although I did play badminton with my boys this morning;)

Anyhoo, dont think this has been posted but someone needs to check here :T:T congrats!! (scroll down just a little bit!)
  • ali.b.123
    ali.b.123 Posts: 1,240 Forumite
    Back after a quick read - I used Create & Craft from Wilkinsons - last pack I had wasnt as good as the first pro-markers bled which didnt happen with my first pack - not sure what to try for next pack - got a few sheets to keep me going.
    Betterlife - hope your son is ok.
    rainmac - thanks for the heads up for Tuesday!!
    tomsmum - hope your hubby is ok.

Right off to finish my totally lazy day with a glass of wine and a soak in the bath - think hubby can sort the kids out for bed - hee hee xx
  • jazabelle
    jazabelle Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Who makes those lovely name cards - the ones where it's kind of cut out and decorated (with a big shot I assume) please?
    "There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow." - Orison Swett Marden
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure