Stop Junk Mail Article Discussion

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    kevanf1 wrote: »
    For which I apologise. I should have made it clearer that I was going off on a tangent.

Actually I never listen to the rubbish that the papers would 'want' me to believe. I think my qualifications as an ex union shop steward ought to tell you why.

As for lazy, money grabbing posties? Shame on you for propogating that rubbish. I have not once said anything like it. All I have said is fact that happens in my village. Now, I will also state that I have posties who are friends and some who are actually family and they agree that there is a rotten element within our postal service. I would be the first to agree that this can happen in any job, I know, I've had to defend lazy so and so's in the past while gritting my teeth. That sort of person does no good for any job or service as you will well know.

What I said was I was sick of rubbish mail being put through my letterbox and tired of misdeirected post. I added that it was not just me but many others on our village have this happening at this time. This is fact and not blanket castigation of postal workers countrywide!

Please don't put words into my mouth. Or try twisting what I have said. I understand you may well feel aggrieved with the way this thread has gone with your being an admitted ex-postie. By alienating everybody who has a valid complaint you do your cherished 'still working posties' no favours. I for one am actually on the side of postal workers, they are not the ones who decide who gets rubbish mail as I know that is dealt with higher up by somebody who 'may' once have known what it was like to trudge thorugh the snow and ice to deliver our post; but likely doesn't.

this whole diatribe is pointless
    you seem to feel aggrieved by someones lack of ability to read then seem to have the same problem
  • kevanf1
    kevanf1 Posts: 299 Forumite
    edited 17 March 2011 at 3:40PM
    custardy wrote: »
    this whole diatribe is pointless
    you seem to feel aggrieved by someones lack of ability to read then seem to have the same problem

While you seem simply intent on having an argument. all I have stated is fact not conjecture. You asked what I meant and I gave my answer. You then simply dismiss it as 'diatribe'.

Just what is it that you do want?

I have to be honest and say that you are either an internet troll (very likely) or you are just carrying some sort of anger and you like to vent it at whoever seems to disagree with you.

This is sad and I hope you are able to get over this and accept that others have differing views to yourself.

I do not intend on responding to any more of your comments as this would be unfair to both the moderators of this board and to the other members.
    Kevan - a disabled old so and so who, despite being in pain 24/7 still manages to smile as much as possible :)
  • custardy
    kevanf1 wrote: »
    While you seem simply intent on having an argument. all I have stated is fact not conjecture. You asked what I meant and I gave my answer. You then simply dismiss it as 'diatribe'.

Just what is it that you do want?

I have to be honest and say that you are either an internet troll (very likely) or you are just carrying some sort of anger and you like to vent it at whoever seems to disagree with you.

This is sad and I hope you are able to get over this and accept that others have differing views to yourself.

I do not intend on responding to any more of your comments as this would be unfair to both the moderators of this board and to the other members.

oh yeah,someone disagrees with you then they must be a troll
    then the irony comes when you say others will have a different opinion ,love it
    dont worry about responding or not.
    i have removed the choice for you
  • keet83
    keet83 Posts: 226 Forumite
    Just had a charity worker knocking at my door today, it's bad enough them trying to stop you in the street. Are they allowed to knock on your door to "sell" their charity to you? Does this come under the same context as window and conservatory sellers?
    [STRIKE]Beggars cant be choosers, but savers can![/STRIKE]
    That used to be the case :mad:
  • Rupert_Bear
    Rupert_Bear Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    I have one of Martins notices in our window advising we do not buy from the door and do not want advice. Last week I received a bettaware catalogue through the door and advising the guy is call back today. Also I go out for a few hours today and what do I find an Avon catalogue. How on earth can you get through to these dopey people. Does anyone else have these problems even though you have this notice displayed.
  • custardy
    I have one of Martins notices in our window advising we do not buy from the door and do not want advice. Last week I received a bettaware catalogue through the door and advising the guy is call back today. Also I go out for a few hours today and what do I find an Avon catalogue. How on earth can you get through to these dopey people. Does anyone else have these problems even though you have this notice displayed.

you mean people trying to make a living in a recession?
    put the catalogue out for collection and forget about it,is it really such a hardship?
  • Rupert_Bear
    custardy wrote: »
    you mean people trying to make a living in a recession?
    put the catalogue out for collection and forget about it,is it really such a hardship?

If you display a notice advising you do not want cold callers or buying advice then you do not expect to get cats through the door. However you being an ex postie and no doubt you did your bit putting junk mail through people doors you wouldn't under this.
  • custardy
    If you display a notice advising you do not want cold callers or buying advice then you do not expect to get cats through the door. However you being an ex postie and no doubt you did your bit putting junk mail through people doors you wouldn't under this.

wouldnt understand i assume?
    what you mean when i delivered D2D items as required by my contract? which is easily opted out through RM?
    are you another who is more interested in whining than the trauma of opting out?
    would you expect a postie to refuse to deliver D2D items and lose their job then?
  • Rupert_Bear
    edited 4 April 2011 at 11:00PM
    I wouldn't expect anyone to put cats through my door full stop :eek:
    I agree but thats the kind of world we live in. If its not cats coming through the letter box I am having to put up with the ramplings of a failed ex postie.:rotfl:
  • custardy
    I agree but thats the kind of world we live in. If its not cats coming through the letter box I am having to put up with the ramplings of a failed ex postie.:rotfl:

not very good at this are you.
    I assume you mean ramblings?
    So by your statement I have failed at being an ex postie and was perfect at being a postie?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure