Switched with Cheap Energy Club in Jan - nothing's happened yet

Options
piano
piano Posts: 9 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
I switched gas & electricity tariffs with The Cheap Energy Club on January 16th. It is now halfway through April, and the switch to the new tariff hasn't happened yet. The club page just says "switch in progress" as it has from day 1. The site said the cheapest deal open to me was with nPower, and as they are my supplier anyway, I thought it would be simple. But I have not heard anything from The Cheap Energy Club or nPower.
Can anyone suggest how long the process is supposed to take?

Thank you

Tom

Comments

• jez1234_2
    Options
    hi
    i am also still waiting for someone to take responsiblity for the switch i made through cheap energy club on march 5 th numerous phonecalls but still no progress . you can only email cheap energy club no contact number useless in my opinion! m and s and british gas have not heard anything apparently!
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Switch takes four to six weeks .
    With Email from MSE day you ask for switch .
    Followed by a number of Emails from your new supplier and a couple from your old supplier .
    My switch asked March 14 via MSE and now switched .
  • Gratis
    Gratis Posts: 478 Forumite
    Options
    piano wrote: »

I switched gas & electricity tariffs with The Cheap Energy Club on January 16th. It is now halfway through April, and the switch to the new tariff hasn't happened yet. The club page just says "switch in progress" as it has from day 1. The site said the cheapest deal open to me was with nPower, and as they are my supplier anyway, I thought it would be simple. But I have not heard anything from The Cheap Energy Club or nPower.

Thank you

Tom
    jez1234 wrote: »

hi
    i am also still waiting for someone to take responsiblity for the switch i made through cheap energy club on march 5 th numerous phonecalls but still no progress . you can only email cheap energy club no contact number useless in my opinion! m and s and british gas have not heard anything apparently!

Your experience appears to be fairly typical.

Unfortunately, at least at the moment, the “Cheap” Energy Club is best regarded in the same way as an attractive hooker with a bad case of syphilis.
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jnr.
  • lgb2100
    lgb2100 Posts: 148 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I used the Cheap Energy Club to switch to a BG Tariff .

This has been completed , however according to my CEC status, the switch is still in progress.

According to my latest BG bill, the switch took place on 1st March.

When do CEC update your status ?

I have contacted them by email, but the response is that they are waiting for the supplier to confirm.

Is this just a delay tactic, so cashback wont be given ?

Its been over six weeks since changevover, so cashback is due.
  • cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    Options
    piano wrote: »

Thank you

Tom

You switched to nPower from nPower? Can you not just log into your online account and switch your tariff that way? I'd recheck your usage against current prices first though.
  • MSE_Dan_L
    MSE_Dan_L Posts: 655 MSE Staff
    Options
    Thanks for your feedback and comments on the Cheap EnergyClub.

If you have any issues with your account, the best way tolet us know is by sending an email to [EMAIL="energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com"]energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL]as we don’t always see forum comments. If you’re still having issues pleasedrop us a line including your full name, the email address you joined with andyour postcode, and we’ll take a look for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure