Wilkinsons - Curtain poles etc reduced £1.00

Hi All
This is the first time ive posted, but I was in my local Wilkinsons store just before closing this evening and the staff were reducing all the curtain poles, corded curtain tracks and accessories etc. The curtain poles started from 84p instead of £7.99 with the most expensive being a two pack pole set at £1.99 . The corded curtain tracks were reduced to £2.19 from £22.99. Light bulbs etc were also reduced to silly prices.
Not sure if this is across all the wilkinson stores, but it may be worth looking online to see if they are reduced there as well.
My local store is in North Manchester.
This is my first post so I hope it is all stores! :j
Loumila

Comments

• debcow
    debcow Posts: 24 Forumite
    It must be across all stores as the Scarborough branch has the same deal
  • loumila wrote: »
    Hi All
    This is the first time ive posted, but I was in my local Wilkinsons store just before closing this evening and the staff were reducing all the curtain poles, corded curtain tracks and accessories etc. The curtain poles started from 84p instead of £7.99 with the most expensive being a two pack pole set at £1.99 . The corded curtain tracks were reduced to £2.19 from £22.99. Light bulbs etc were also reduced to silly prices.
    Not sure if this is across all the wilkinson stores, but it may be worth looking online to see if they are reduced there as well.
    My local store is in North Manchester.
    This is my first post so I hope it is all stores! :j
    Loumila

Hi Lou

Is this the one at Harphurey ????
  • Same in Newcastle - they had wooden blinds in yesterday reduced from £40 to £4 and curtain rails for £2-ish. I nabbed 2 tins of Dulux Jasmine White gloss for 40p each - fab!
  • shirlgirl2004
    shirlgirl2004 Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Could really do with a couple but don't want to send the OH out of his way if they don't have any (did this last time their sale was announced & he wasn't happy) so does anyone know if Chelmsford have any?
  • lutzi1
    lutzi1 Posts: 2,703 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks OP. just got two thick 3m poles in Selby for £1.99 each .:)
    Hope is not a strategy.
  • cattkitt
    cattkitt Posts: 442 Forumite
    Thank you. Must have a look at my local Wilkos!
  • Hi Lou

Is this the one at Harphurey ????
    Hi Jonathon,
    Yes it was the one in Harpurhey, sorry Im so late in responding!
    Lou
  • caroc
    caroc Posts: 935 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    WOW - thanks OP. i went into Wilko's today and bought two long curtain poles reduced from £16.99 each to £2.12 each, a whopping 87.5 % off. (This happens when they reduce something by 75% to 25% of original price (4.24)and then halve that reduction again. Ha Ha, I've got a newly decorated lounge that's crying out for poles and I've bought 2 metal finish 170 -300 cm ones for £4.24. (and spare curtain rings also 75% off - not shown anywhere. The price was very discreetly shown on the SEL, no sign or hint of the discount, but not all poles included in the offer.:rotfl:
    Still virtually alcohol free since 4/1/15. (10 Xmas/ New Year/Birthday drinks)
    It takes 3500 calories to lose a pound in weight. Target 13 lbs weight loss. 18.5lbs lost 2nd May - 28 September.
  • akh43
    akh43 Posts: 1,558 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I managed to resist the curtain poles as I dont really need new ones but I did find a chrome tension net curtain rod for 60p, not sure of original price but definitely a bargain as it fitted 4ft to 8ft window. Thanks for posting new offers OP as would not have looked otherwise.
    Decluttter 2022⭐Declutter 2023
  • chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    humph - nothing at all reduced in Sheffield - city centre.
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure