IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Received CCJ Parking Eye - sent to the wrong address

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,697 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    We will help throughout.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • deflepps
    deflepps Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    We will help throughout.

Thank you...I am feeling very anxious today which is not good.

Below is the draft email I have put together. Do I need to mention the 6 month postal redirection and no correspondence was received? And that I did everything right and this is such a shock?

To whom it may concern,

In relation to the above reference number, I have discovered that I have a CCJ against my records. This has left me very distraught and my family alike.

I note the address of the CCJ is recorded against my previous address which I found perplexing as I notified Parking Eye that my address changed via email (I have the original emails saved).

It therefore my intention to request that you agree to Consent to set aside the CCJ from my records if I agree to pay the outstanding charge. I still feel I have grounds to appeal as not all my questions were addressed. However, for the sake of resolving this matter can you kindly agree to the Consent to set aside.

Upon confirmation we can draw up the appropriate forms

If you can let me know at your earliest convenience and next steps it would be very much appreciated.

Regards
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 9 July 2017 at 12:12PM
    Options
    Why offer the full amount?

See #13

(You will be supplying them the form to sign)

No need to now complain they ignored your email. No point.

You want to get their cooperation

If they agree the next steps are down to you
  • deflepps
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Why offer the full amount?

See #13

(You will be supplying them the form to sign)

No need to now complain they ignored your email. No point.

You want to get their cooperation

If they agree the next steps are down to you

Thank you responding.

I am not happy to pay the full amount but i just want the CCJ removed.

Is the below not relevant then...thought this would help as it is the facts:

"I note the address of the CCJ is recorded against my previous address which I found perplexing as I notified Parking Eye that my address changed via email"

And this:

"I still feel I have grounds to appeal as not all my questions were addressed."

Appreciate I will be providing the forms to be signed.
  • Quentin
    Options
    Well....

You will only be appealing if you decide against going for this set aside by consent.
  • deflepps
    edited 9 July 2017 at 12:37PM
    Options
    Well....

You will only be appealing if you decide against going for this set aside by consent.

I am sorry but I am not sure what you mean. Please can you explain?
  • Quentin
    Options
    You are writing to request their agreement to a set aside (in return for you making them a payment)

So no point going on about how you feel you have appeal points that have not yet been addressed as you are too late for appealing now, and will only be able to do so if the set aside by consent is not agreed, you then get a normal set aside and they then reissue the claim. Only at that point could you isssue a defence incorporating your appeal points. They are irrelevant in the context of you wanting their help now over the set aside

If you are going to ignore the advice on making an offer and are determined to offer the full amount you can probably say what you like as they will only be interested in getting your payment!
  • deflepps
    Options
    You are writing to request their agreement to a set aside (in return for you making them a payment)

So no point going on about how you feel you have appeal points that have not yet been addressed as you are too late for appealing now, and will only be able to do so if the set aside by consent is not agreed, you then get a normal set aside and they then reissue the claim. Only at that point could you isssue a defence incorporating your appeal points. They are irrelevant in the context of you wanting their help now over the set aside

If you are going to ignore the advice on making an offer and are determined to offer the full amount you can probably say what you like as they will only be interested in getting your payment!

Thank you, I completely follow what you mean but the last thing I want to do if give them any reason to decline my request for consent. Also want them to understand that if they refuse this I have grounds for the normal set aside.

Does that make sense?
  • Quentin
    Options
    You asked for an explanation as you didn't understand my #26.

As posted as you intend paying them in full you can say what you like to them. They're going to be happy to snatch your offer
  • deflepps
    Options
    You asked for an explanation as you didn't understand my #26.

As posted as you intend paying them in full you can say what you like to them. They're going to be happy to snatch your offer

I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you thus far. I will keep you all posted as this journey progresses, starting with a call to Northampton Business Centre tomorrow morning (only discovered this Friday night).

Kind regards
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport