Submitted my DRO

Hi im looking for advise on how long it takes from submitting DRO to the insolvency service through step change to being accepted or rejected? I have been told by step change 10 working days but after finding information on forums alsocome accross a lot quicker time scales (although I'm not sure how up to date they are as iv seen non from this year). I have paid the £90 fee and submitted around lunch time Friday so still early days but having creditors calling piling on the pressure yesterday so feeling very inpatient as I'm expecting much of the same today.

TIA

Comments

• Twubble
    Twubble Posts: 80 Forumite
    Hi. My application was put through by Business Debtline yesterday afternoon, and I've been told that I should get a text on Wednesday to say it's gone through. Have you checked the Individual Insolvency Register today? You could already be on there. Good luck.
  • Basicgirl
    Basicgirl Posts: 11 Forumite
    Thank you Twubble good luck to you too. I checked just before this reply and nothing there i will try again later today. Already had 2 phone calls for payment today just want out of this rut I have got myself into !!!55357;!!!56853;
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Organisation Representative
    edited 20 March 2018 at 11:07AM
    Hi Basicgirl

You've done the hardest bit now by getting the application completed and submitted, so it's just a matter of time for the DRO to be approved at this stage. Some of your creditors may see this as their last opportunity to pester you for payment, so hold your nerve and ignore the calls. I'm sure your details will be on the Register soon enough. All the best,

Dennis
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • Basicgirl
    Thank you for your reply Dennis I'm trying a really am have previously tried offering the £1 token payments as advised but just got spoken to like dirt and if anything bombarding me with calls has gotten worse since so as of this week I'm trying to avoid any conversation with creditors until a decision with the dro is made.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,647
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    Basicgirl wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply Dennis I'm trying a really am have previously tried offering the £1 token payments as advised but just got spoken to like dirt and if anything bombarding me with calls has gotten worse since so as of this week I'm trying to avoid any conversation with creditors until a decision with the dro is made.

Usually the intermediary will not submit an application if they think there is a likelihood of it been rejected.

If you have got this far, then acceptance is virtually certain.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Basicgirl
    Thank you sourcrates hope so as I have no idea what I'm going to do if it is rejected checked the register again this morning still nothing there.
  • Twubble
    I know they're very busy at this time of year, and the weather's not helped. As Sourcrates says, they don't put the application through unless it's highly likely to be approved. It's the Intermediary's job to make sure everything's in order.

Re your creditors, do what I do. Block all phone calls and totally ignore them. I let mine know that I was seeking help, and that's all that's needed. Hope you hear soon. I'm only half expecting to hear today, because my intermediary seemed certain I would. We shall see.
  • Basicgirl
    Twubble have you had any news yet? still nothing my end I'm going to take your advise and block the creditors numbers even my phone ringing makes me anxious.
  • Twubble
    No, I've heard nothing at all yet. I do have a feeling I won't hear today. All is good, though. The OR may want to contact me for evidence of the value of my number plate, but I know everything's under way and the creditors can do nothing at all. Not sure if we'll see it on the register before they notify the Intermediary, or whether it will appear on there first.

It really saves a lot of stress to block the calls. I wouldn't have survived these months without doing that.
  • Twubble
    I've just had a text from my Intermediary to inform me that my DRO has been accepted. If you've not heard anything yet, might be worth giving your Intermediary a call. Best of luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure