No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries Feb. 2018

Comments

• VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    dolly84 wrote: »
    I have gathered together all my already used eyeliners and I am testing them out one day at a time and if they don't make the grade I am getting rid. I hate to do it but the damage was done long ago. The first one to go was

byTerry Bronze Generation - this was a full size eyeliner which came in a beauty box and I was pretty excited to try it, I did and didn't like it so it has been sat around for a long time so I tried it again. It is a greeny bronze colour and very creamy - a bit too creamy and intense for me, by the end of the day there is nothing left on the lash line (I only used it on lower lash line) all the colour has migrated down in a smudgy, glittery mess. For the price of this brand I would expect way more so out it goes.

I have cut open my small tube of 8hr cream so that should be finished in the next 5 years. My shampoo, conditioner and an eyeshadow are almost done too.

I only use the Kat von D Tattoo liner in Trooper on my upper lid nowadays. Love it and don't feel dressed without it.

The Bath & Body Works Pumpkin hand wash is UU. It stopped pumping so I tipped the last of it onto my bath lily this morning in the shower.

Have decanted an Avon Winter Dreamland shower gel into a pump dispenser to use as handwash in the kitchen in it's place.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    edited 6 February 2018 at 3:58PM
    Nothing much to report here. Aldi have some Beauty Specialbuys coming up at the weekend - Sunday. There is no eye cream on offer, I had hoped they would bring the soya one back, but I do have plenty, anyway. I ordered some micellar water, as I am trying to use fewer wipes, and use cotton wool pads instead. Free postage.

Val used the phrase 'body lily', I knew exactly what she meant, I've seen them called so many things, though:

Body puff
    Shower puff
    Body lily
    Shower lily
    Body mop
    Shower mop
    Body rose
    Shower/bath scrunchie
    Pouf loofah
    Bath/shower (mesh) ball
    Mesh sponge
    Bath/shower buffer
    Loofah ball

So, definitely, nobody can agree what these items are ..

Edit, I looked to see if there were any I hadn't thought of and came across this

"Whether you call it a luffa, loofa, loufa, loofah, lufa, pouf, or something else entirely, our mesh bath and shower sponge will keep your skin healthy and smooth like never before.."

It's not a loofah, though, those are these
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • VALM
    Nothing much to report here. Aldi have some Beauty Specialbuys coming up at the weekend - Sunday. There is no eye cream on offer, I had hoped they would bring the soya one back, but I do have plenty, anyway. I ordered some micellar water, as I am trying to use fewer wipes, and use cotton wool pads instead. Free postage.

Val used the phrase 'body lily', I knew exactly what she meant, I've seen them called so many things, though:

Body puff
    Shower puff
    Body lily
    Shower lily
    Body mop
    Shower mop
    Body rose
    Shower/bath scrunchie
    Pouf loofah
    Bath/shower (mesh) ball
    Mesh sponge
    Bath/shower buffer
    Loofah ball

Edit, I looked to see if there were any I hadn't thought of and came across this

"Whether you call it a luffa, loofa, loufa, loofah, lufa, pouf, or something else entirely, our mesh bath and shower sponge will keep your skin healthy and smooth like never before.."

Love your post. I only called it a lily because that's what it said on the Sainsburys label. To me the word lily sounds like lady parts! I usually call it a puff x
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • lynseydee
    lynseydee Posts: 1,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post

Body puff
    Shower puff
    Body lily
    Shower lily
    Body mop
    Shower mop
    Body rose
    Shower/bath scrunchie
    Pouf loofah
    Bath/shower (mesh) ball
    Mesh sponge
    Bath/shower buffer
    Loofah ball

I call mine a scrunchie
    Did owe £9,951.96

Now helping hubby pay off loan. Finally paid off :j

Owe Virgin [STRIKE]£5,950.00 [/STRIKE]at 0% til June 2009 £3,427.89. Owe HSBC [STRIKE]£5,460.78 [/STRIKE]2.9% til May 2010 £3,703.07. Owe Post Office £1,676.62 at 0% til September 2010
  • lucia22
    lucia22 Posts: 285 Forumite
    UU

Sanctuary Spa Wet Skin Moisture Miracle 50ml
    - Got this at Christmas in a gift set. Really nice - love the scent of Sanctuary Spa products. WMB but plenty of lotions left to use!
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2019 Total UU since 2016 - 396 | Total February UU - 1
  • InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hello ladies! :D

kaidson
    *goggles enviously then faints*

Right, so I have many (alas boring ins this weekend) and a few outs. All were bought on special offer and many earned me lots of points at the B00ts special event. And we all know what points make, don't we? That's right...-70% sale purchases next year! :p

OUT:

1 x Mitchum deodorant: have bought again. HG product.
    1 x Corsodyl daily mouthwash: have bought again - dentist makes this a HG product.

IN:

(BTW, did I mention that I was gifted a bottle of perfume for Christmas and a perfume and moisturizer set for Christmas? Both very nice and one has become my day perfume and the other has joined my evening perfumes.)
    3 x Mitchum deodorant: was a decent price
    6 x Corsodyl Daily: was a decent price and got me lots of B00ts points!
    2 x Sooperdrug own brand dry shampoos: on offer. I'll give them a go.

Right, those are my confessions for now. Happy using up! :D
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    A few INs today:

Etude House Sunprise Must Daily Lotion SPF50+ 50g
    Etude House Sunprise Airy Finish SPF50 55ml
    Skinfood Beauty in a Food Sheet Mask

I placed an order at the end of last month for some Asian skincare products. I had ordered something else as well, but they cancelled it because they couldn't get any stock from their suppliers, and they refunded the money for that item, which is good of them. The sheet mask is a GWP :) I'm excited to try these sunscreens, Asian sunscreens are more cosmetically elegant than most Western ones :)
  • VALM
    InaPickle wrote: »
    Hello ladies! :D

kaidson
    *goggles enviously then faints*

Right, so I have many (alas boring ins this weekend) and a few outs. All were bought on special offer and many earned me lots of points at the B00ts special event. And we all know what points make, don't we? That's right...-70% sale purchases next year! :p

OUT:

1 x Mitchum deodorant: have bought again. HG product.
    1 x Corsodyl daily mouthwash: have bought again - dentist makes this a HG product.

IN:

(BTW, did I mention that I was gifted a bottle of perfume for Christmas and a perfume and moisturizer set for Christmas? Both very nice and one has become my day perfume and the other has joined my evening perfumes.)
    3 x Mitchum deodorant: was a decent price
    6 x Corsodyl Daily: was a decent price and got me lots of B00ts points!
    2 x Sooperdrug own brand dry shampoos: on offer. I'll give them a go.

Right, those are my confessions for now. Happy using up! :D

What perfumes did you get, Pickle?

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    I have some INs.

Flores Mare eye cream. Looking forward to trying this.

My Feelunique order came but I may be returning something as I am in dispute with them. The free gift that I spent an allocated amount for which to qualify appeared in the Shopping Bag but not at Checkout. I continued with the order thinking that it was excluded from Checkout as it was not something for which I was paying hence why it did not appear. I emailed them immediately stating it had been in SB and could they ensure it was sent. Got a blunt generic email telling me the item was never in my SB as they were out of stock and the offer over. Further m that they would not offer a replacement but I could have a 20% off code instead. I was livid to say the least and have emailed them stating their site did not advise me of the unavailability of the item and demanding a replacement. If I don't get a reasonable response (which I don't think I will) I'm returning the Elemis kit. So INs so far:-

L'Occitane oil make up remover.

The other items ordered were for MRM and Emma.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    One UU last night:

Paula's Choice Resist Weightless Advanced Repairing Toner sample WDBA. This was lovely. My face felt so smooth and soft after using this. I will definitely get a full size in the future :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure