No wonder people fly tip!

Comments

• calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    swingaloo wrote: »
    That's not necessarily so. Householders in our borough can only go free if they are in a car. Any large items needing a van incur the £90 plus fee.

I know there is no excuse for fly tipping but a lot of households simply cannot afford these charges.

The scheme around my way for household waste is you need a permit if using a van or trailer over a certain size. That costs nothing and you have up to 12 trips in a year. Not needed if using a hire van just the hire contract and local proof of address.

I get why they have done this, as lots of a little one man bands have been using the local tips to get rid of commercial waste for free. Shame that the few have to spoil it for the many.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    OP's son could negotiate with the council ... charge me a reasonable rate else I move my business up the road to the neighbouring council area, whereby current council will also lose business rates income etc. :)
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Mchambers wrote: »
    I almost fly tipped a dead rat lol !! I know what I could do next time that I find one. Hopefully will not happen. Talking of sinking rats.....I see the SFO should be making public tomorrow their findings on Barclays Bank lol !!

Please keep your nonsense to one thread, where those of us who think you would make a good candidate for the Monster Raving Loony party can completely ignore you.
  • firefox1956
    firefox1956 Posts: 1,548 Forumite
    Put it on Freegle / Freecycle etc.
    Its amazing what you can get rid or for nowt !!
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Try contacting other companies or looking at other disposal methods maybe. A skip might be cheaper.
  • Computersaysno
    Computersaysno Posts: 1,222 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    This is but nothing compared to what councils will be doing soon as the cuts REALLY bite......

Fly tipping will go thru the roof...

Our council.....need a permit to use a small trailer. NO vans. £40 for a mattress/big item collection. £25/yr for garden bin.

My mate is a decorator and they tried to do him for not having a Waste Carriers Licence....said the empty tin in the back of the van that he kept his brushes in and the carrier bag on the gearstick [which contained his empty sandwich holder] was 'commercial waste'......I shi7 you not.

Councils are shafted....massive cutbacks....they need to screw someone and businesses are easier to screw than dodgy scum tenants who dump their rubbish in the back lanes and them blame each other in the house so no-one can be done.
  • Computersaysno
    Computersaysno Posts: 1,222 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    About seven years ago Northumbria Council closed SEVEN local amenity sites....and were outraged when fly tipping increased......as our American cousins say...Go figure!!
  • pimento
    pimento Posts: 6,239 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    sheramber wrote: »
    Charges for dumping waste are usually only for commercial waste so no excuse for householders to fly tip.

Ha! Our local council won't let you bring your domestic waste or recycling into the tip in anything but a car. If you happen to drive a van or a truck (as is the current fashion) you will be refused entry. I used to drive a small 2-seater sports car that wouldn't fit anything in the boot so that made the local tip out of bounds to me as they won't even let you walk in.

They are now wondering why there's a fly-tipping problem locally.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -- Red Adair
  • Huskydays
    Huskydays Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    £25/yr for garden bin.

Mine's £55 a year :eek:
    A witty saying proves nothing
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Huskydays wrote: »
    Mine's £55 a year :eek:
    Is that the initial cost or the regular annual renewal. You usually have to pay a charge for the bin to start off then the annual charge for the service.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure