The Ultimate Incentive muddles along

Comments

• wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hope you feel better soon CMD.

Things are good thanks. I have had a couple of 'days off' which have been great. He is looking after them for some days in the summer as well. Don't think i mentioned on here but he has a new gf which the children have met but only introduced as a 'friend'.
  • clearmydebts
    clearmydebts Posts: 6,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    wendz86 wrote: »
    Hope you feel better soon CMD.

Things are good thanks. I have had a couple of 'days off' which have been great. He is looking after them for some days in the summer as well. Don't think i mentioned on here but he has a new gf which the children have met but only introduced as a 'friend'.

Great that you get a few days off. I'm sure you need it. I am in awe with how you've coped with things. You seem to take it all in your stride!

How do you feel about him having a GF? At least he is taking the introductions with the kids slowly.
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • wendz86
    I was pretty annoyed to start with as I feel like it might have been something to do with the split. Also it is someone at work , which i knew it would be as that job is just not suitable for normal family life. I've kind of accepted it now though and feel like we are better apart .
  • clearmydebts
    I was pretty annoyed to start with as I feel like it might have been something to do with the split. Also it is someone at work , which i knew it would be as that job is just not suitable for normal family life. I've kind of accepted it now though and feel like we are better apart .

Hopefully it wasn't but it certainly sounds like you are better off apart. Men always seem to move on quicker after a break up. It's like they can't cope on their own. Us women are definitely good at standing on our own 2 feet!

Have you ever considered moving to be nearer your family for support? Or are you settled where you are?
  • wendz86
    I am definitely considering it. Financially next year is looking like it might be quite a struggle. I am going to have a look at everything early next year and consider moving around this time next year or a bit earlier. Would be a tricky one as would have to start again job wise as I can't do my particular job down there and would have to take Poppy away from her friends. The plus sides would be more help (including childcare help) from my family and the ex in laws and be nearer my friends too.
  • clearmydebts
    I am definitely considering it. Financially next year is looking like it might be quite a struggle. I am going to have a look at everything early next year and consider moving around this time next year or a bit earlier. Would be a tricky one as would have to start again job wise as I can't do my particular job down there and would have to take Poppy away from her friends. The plus sides would be more help (including childcare help) from my family and the ex in laws and be nearer my friends too.

Sounds like a consideration anyway. I would be lost without my family and I have an OH. His family live a 3hr drive away and are retired (early 60s) but they are no help at all, even if we are in a predicament for childcare. I suppose the best thing to do is make a pros and cons list and take it from there :)
  • roomontheend
    roomontheend Posts: 442 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    CMD well done on getting below the 20k mark. By next week we will have paid off 30k which feels great till I remember I still have 24 and half to go.

I've been having a big clear out and my house looks worse that before I started but I can see the rubbish going. Took clothes to recycle man and got £6 woohoo. Also sent an old phone for recycling so that will get me a whooping £1.80 but it all counts and not in the land fill ��. I need to make so real money as no supply work over the summer.
    Total debt Feb 2012 = £54354.11 😳
    😁Debt Free and you can do it too
  • clearmydebts
    CMD well done on getting below the 20k mark. By next week we will have paid off 30k which feels great till I remember I still have 24 and half to go.

I've been having a big clear out and my house looks worse that before I started but I can see the rubbish going. Took clothes to recycle man and got £6 woohoo. Also sent an old phone for recycling so that will get me a whooping £1.80 but it all counts and not in the land fill ��. I need to make so real money as no supply work over the summer.

Wow ROTE - that is an amazing amount you've gotten rid of! over half way there for you!

Yeah - delighted to be sub 19k but I am impatient to get it all gone. I usually fall at this stage and put money back on but determined to get rid of it once and for all this time
  • roomontheend
    roomontheend Posts: 442 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Oh sub 19k even better than I thought. I know what you mean about being impatient. Life would be so much easier if we had the extra 600plus pounds per month to spend rather than service our debts.
    Total debt Feb 2012 = £54354.11 😳
    😁Debt Free and you can do it too
  • clearmydebts
    Oh sub 19k even better than I thought. I know what you mean about being impatient. Life would be so much easier if we had the extra 600plus pounds per month to spend rather than service our debts.

It sure would! The amount I spend servicing my debts is more than my mortgage. It's insane really
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills