Debt Relief Orders (DRO) - Information & help thread

Comments

• startagain_2
    startagain_2 Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Who will be processing these if it is not the courts......?

I hope it wont be one of those beureacratic nightmares that we seem to be very good at in this country..... :rolleyes:

thinking of the CSA, Tax Credits etc - we seem to be very good at launching new things without the systems or technology to deal with it properly.

SA
    2011 - New year, New start, New me
    [STRIKE]Planning on [/STRIKE] making my dreams a reality
  • debt_doctor
    debt_doctor Posts: 4,595
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Its processed directly between the intermediary (CAB etc) and the insolvency service, submitted on line.

And.... the technology is not in place yet !

DD
    Debt Doctor, Debt caseworker, Citizens' Advice Bureau .
    Impartial debt advice services: Citizens Advice Bureau Find your local CAB *** National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000*** BSC No. 100 ***
  • startagain_2
    Its processed directly between the intermediary (CAB etc) and the insolvency service, submitted on line.

DD

That sounds like a good idea........ it is going to make the debt charities and CAB very,very busy....

I hope they are going to get help from the government for extra funding.

SA
  • k2nga
    k2nga Posts: 1,375
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Yeah i agree i have been having to use the CAB alot in fact i am a regular now but they are up to there necks as it is and there are always a people waiting in the waiting rooms for advice.
    :cheesy: K2nga :cheesy:

BSC Member 176
    BR 23/06/08
    ED 22/01/09
    Credit file BR fall off date: 24/06/14 :beer:
  • debt_doctor
    debt_doctor Posts: 4,595
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    startagain wrote: »
    That sounds like a good idea........ it is going to make the debt charities and CAB very,very busy....

I hope they are going to get help from the government for extra funding.

SA

It is going to make us very busy as you say!!:eek: No extra funding is being given :mad: except that £10 out of the £90 fee goes to the money advice trust to provide training.

Wow !

DD
    Debt Doctor, Debt caseworker, Citizens' Advice Bureau .
    Impartial debt advice services: Citizens Advice Bureau Find your local CAB *** National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000*** BSC No. 100 ***
  • startagain_2
    Yet another day that I am counting my blessings for having found this board and got the support for filing for BR sooner rather than later.....
  • cr1
    cr1 Posts: 53 Forumite
    Hi all,

I see there is lots of people going bankrupt with debts under £15,000 not sure if its been mentioned on here, basically in April goverment are looking to introduce a debt relief order that writes off debt upto £15k without a full blown bankruptcy, not sure if some of you can hold off until then!

"Debt Relief Orders should allow people with debts of less than £15,000 and minimal assets or surplus income to write off debts without a full-blown bankruptcy."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7805892.stm
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    debt doctor posted a thread on this a few days ago with quite a lot of info/detail.

I'll find it and merge this thread with it. That should "bump" the other thread as well so everyone can see it. :)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • cr1
    cr1 Posts: 53 Forumite
    Thanks Fermi,

Was trying to see if anyone mentioned it, sorry for stepping on anyones toes,
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    cr1 wrote: »
    Thanks Fermi,

Was trying to see if anyone mentioned it, sorry for stepping on anyones toes,

There is no "stepping on toes" here. All contributions and help are more than welcome. :)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback