Submitted my DRO

2»

Comments

• Basicgirl
    Basicgirl Posts: 11 Forumite
    Congratulations on being approved Twubble. Iv just called stepchange and they said they have had no update so still non the wiser.
  • Twubble
    Twubble Posts: 80 Forumite
    Thank you. Really hope you hear soon. I'm thinking that possibly, as I'm self employed, it may go to a separate OR department. Not sure how it's set up there, but I'm sure you'll hear very soon.
  • UKLAD
    UKLAD Posts: 1 Newbie
    Hi

Congratulations on submitting your application for the Debt Relief Order.

I have just started the process with Stepchange, I have been looking at it for a while (past 10 months) but finally taken the step to get it started.
    I completed the debt remedy yesterday and got sent the forms I needed to sign by email today I have returned the signed forms, list of debtors, payslips and credit report back by email today.

I was just wondering what time frame you experienced from sending in the forms to now?

Many thanks
  • Basicgirl
    Hope so Twubble maybe you are right and it work differently I'm unsure fingers crossed I know something before the end of the week.
  • Basicgirl
    Hi Uklad I first sent my forms and proofs back after completing debt remedy on 26th February via email I then recieved my DRO with barcode through the post on 15th April and paid the £90 fee and submitted on the 16th now just waiting to hear if it has been accepted or not so looking around 3 weeks to this point. Good luck with your application any other questions feel free to ask and il try my best to answer.
  • Basicgirl
    Just an update for anyone who is as impatient as I was this information may help someone else. I checked the insolvency register this morning and iv been accepted must have been late last night as the start date of my DRO states yesterday's date. Im so relieved. Thank you all so much for your help and support and good luck to anyone starting or in the process of applying.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,341
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Well done. Applications seem to be being approved 2-3 working days after submission at the moment, with the register being updated the following day after approval.
  • Basicgirl
    Thank you fatbelly. For the 1st time in a long time I feel positive feels like the 1st day of the rest of my debt free life.
  • Twubble
    Twubble Posts: 80 Forumite
    Really pleased for you, Basicgirl. It feels like you've been given a future, doesn't it? Best of luck for your new future!
  • Basicgirl
    Thank you Twubble best of luck for your too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure