Abbey National PPI

Options
I believe I was missold PPI for a mortgage I took out in 1996 with Abbey National. This mortgage is now closed. I have been able to find a letter from Abbey which includes the mortgage account number but don't have the statements. I have approached Santander regarding this but they say it is too long ago and they can't find records for this account. Does this mean I need to forget about it or is there anything else I chould do?

Many thanks,

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have been able to find a letter from Abbey which includes the mortgage account number but don't have the statements.

Wouldnt really matter if you had the statements. Most MPPI premiums are paid by standalone monthly direct debits. It is one of the reasons most MPPI complaints fail (as that is how good PPI is set up)
    Does this mean I need to forget about it or is there anything else I chould do?

You can check your own bank statements to see if you had a standalone policy. However, that only matters if Abbey sold it to you. If you used a broker/adviser then your are nearly a decade before regulation. So, there would be no-one to complain to.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • ggksmith
    Options
    Many thanks for your response.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills