My DRO journey

Comments

• gellerbing
    gellerbing Posts: 349
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Received an email from stepchange asking me to send them my credit report, I've sent it to them via email mainly because my printer decided to pack up :/
    I couldn't use our local CAB as they are closing down.
    Wins: Cushelle Koala, Mama tea bundle, coconut ice cream recipe book
  • snowwhyte
    snowwhyte Posts: 63
    Forumite
    The DRO application process is greatly simplified by having a reliable computer and printer. I had to use our old desktop computer but the mouse wasn't working so i had to use the keyboard and the touchscreen which was a bit more difficult. At least the printer was working though and I didn't have to make a trip to the library to print things out.
  • snowwhyte
    Forumite
    I received my application confirmation from the BDL today. The letter stated that they have a current wait time of ten weeks. I never received a reply from my email query to the CAB about their processing times so i might have to go into one of their offices. It's difficult for me to get away from the house and the bus fare isn't cheap so I didn't want to go in unless i knew for sure that they had a debt advisor who could deal with my application. If there's a chance they can do my application sooner I guess I'll have to give them a try.
  • gellerbing
    Forumite
    I recieved an email from stepchange this morning, they said there's an issue with my application and they want me to phone them asap :/ i hate using the phone, its one of my biggest fears. Anyone know what it might be regarding? Can i email them instead?
  • snowwhyte
    Forumite
    I feel for you. I used to have a phone phobia until i confronted my fear by getting a job as a receptionist. Now i still dislike speaking on the phone but i am able to force myself to do it. I would say it's probably better to phone them if possible because it will be quicker and they asked you to phone. If you email them they will probably just phone you anyway. Hopefully, it's just something simple that they need.
  • gellerbing
    Forumite
    Turns out i could email them and now thats all sorted. I received my application and bar code but they have mad a mistake on my application, so emailed them again!
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,341
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Gellerbing wrote: »
    Received an email from stepchange asking me to send them my credit report, I've sent it to them via email mainly because my printer decided to pack up :/
    I couldn't use our local CAB as they are closing down.

Email is my preferred method.

Which CAB is that?
  • snowwhyte
    Forumite
    I got a phone call from Debt Line today. They have booked my phone interview for this Friday. That will be nine weeks since I submitted my application so their stated wait time was accurate if you include the extra week or so to get my updated application in the post and pay the fee. Things are finally progressing.
  • snowwhyte
    Forumite
    I had my phone interview today. It took about 25 minutes and went okay. They are sending my application out and I'll have ten days to check it over, pay the fee and send it back.
  • MrMeMe
    MrMeMe Posts: 6 Forumite
    thats great news. what questions did they ask? was it just going through the amounts you put on the form and if they were still aplicaable?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure