Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I am really pleased that things are moving along so nicely - it also makes a difference when everyone remembers to keep you up to speed with the progress.

The 3 month let though - assume it must be a similar size to where you live - you just have to makes sure its not miles away so you have to spend ages driving back and to each day from work and the house etc

Keep photos of everything, every step of the way

rose28454 wrote: »
    1 week after the flooding and things are moving along nicely. Loss adjustor came on Friday and did a report. He said they will give me £10.00 per day for evening meal whilst I am in the hotel but will deduct it from my £350.00 excess initially. They are looking at a 2-3 month let for me as the projected dates are end of April for house to be dry and end of June for completion of works.
    Surveyor called me 1st thing and is coming with a building company tommorow to look what needs doing and to check if kitchen ceiling has asbestos in it as it may need to come down.
    He asked me on Friday if I wanted to get quotes for the work and carpets etc or if I wanted them to manage it all. I said I would rather they did it and he said they would appoint a project manager to oversee the job. I need to keep samples of the carpets when they pull them up so they can organise like for like replacements.
    Cleaning company just called to say they have logged my job and will be in touch shortly to arrange collection of all my clothes, curtains and contents of my airing cupboard to be laundered, I am in a bit of a quandary about this as I was about to dispose of some of my airing cupboard things so dont know what to do. Do I clear the cupboard myself before they come and dispose of some of the things or do I just leave it for them to clean everything?
    Quite pleased that even though my insurance for this year only cost £99.00 it seems to be a good policy and I am impressed with all they have done so far.

I went to my sisters at the weekend to look at her insurance policy and she pays nearly £900.00 per year through NFU and when I did a comparison online she could get it down to £184.00 with the AA. Told her to call NFU this morning and ask for a discount as she has only just renewed it and if not to cancel and go elsewhere. I also called SKY for her and got her bill down from £80.00 to £47.60 per month for 18 months. Admittedly she lost bits of her package but they were bits she did not want. Then when I got back I called Sky and told them I wouldnt be needing TV or broadband for 3 months and they reduced my bill from £59.00 to £32.00 for 18 months also. Very MSE of me.

Slept very badly last night ( all this worry I think ) so I am at work but exhausted.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • rose28454
    rose28454 Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    dreadful - its just like you strive so hard to make things perfect and stress free in every way and things conspire against you ...

Yes I agree. DD promised me it would be different when she got married and I paid most of it myself. But even then there are no photos of just me and her and at Xmas she gave me a frame with a lovely photo of her and her Dad on the day ( the alcoholic one who never was there for her !! ) it was like a smack in the mouth. Please enjoy this week .
  • rose28454
    rose28454 Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I am really pleased that things are moving along so nicely - it also makes a difference when everyone remembers to keep you up to speed with the progress.

The 3 month let though - assume it must be a similar size to where you live - you just have to makes sure its not miles away so you have to spend ages driving back and to each day from work and the house etc

Keep photos of everything, every step of the way

They asked if I drive but I did say I have an elderly mother and DD and baby here so I want to be as near as possible. I am going to the house at lunchtime to start taking pics. thanks
  • latest_flame
    Options
    Sharpie c+c picked up.
    laters.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,960 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :)

Today my sisters & I are going off to Cardiff for sister's 2½ hour full body scan ...

Leaving soon as appt is 1pm

I'm in knots so I hope my sister is coping better ♥

I've been with family to appointments in The Heath/ Velindre/ Llandoch/ Spire. The staff there are all amazing. I'm sure you will all be well looked after.

Sending positive vibes your way.
    Errant son .......

Errant son .......

Errant son .......

Errant son .......

deep sigh ...

and breathe! He will be with you for the wedding, don't sweat the small stuff. It will turn out fine.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    FarmFoods

12 pack Walls Cornetto £2.49 classic only
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• DeeDee74
    DeeDee74 Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning

Just had a lovely shower with coconut os, always reminds me of holidays for some reason :)

Does DeeDee still post on here ? I have a question for you if you do :)

Hope everyone has a lovely day what ever they are doing :)

Can't be long now Di , you must be on tender hooks at the moment :) x

Barely read now a days let alone post but someone said to pop on as you a question.
    Ignore reality.There's nothing you can do about it.
    I have done reading too!
    personally test's all her own finds
  • neas
    neas Posts: 3,801 Forumite
    Options
    Can someone confirm if the sharpies work today. I've bought enough for next months APG now :).

Whats the deal with Deodrants? How much after APG?

9x Dove Maximum Protection Go Fresh Pomegranate Cream Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (45ml)
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Options
    Viking confirmed to nectar that my gift card purchase didn't qualify for 3,000 points :(

But nectar have added them anyway as a gesture of goodwill _party_ :j :money:

I only sent one polite message via fb so it's worth dropping them a line and seeing what happens
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    neas wrote: »
    Can someone confirm if the sharpies work today. I've bought enough for next months APG now :).

Whats the deal with Deodrants? How much after APG?

9x Dove Maximum Protection Go Fresh Pomegranate Cream Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (45ml)

Bubbs/Chris V have confirmed sharpies as working.

And vouchercrazy says:

9x Dove Maximum Protection Original Clean Cream Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (45ml)
    £49.50 £27.00
    £49.50 £27.00
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure