ERUDIO student loans help

Comments

• Hi

You say SLC told you that the loan had 'matured'... do you have a letter? Also when exactly did Erudio first contact you or you became aware the loan was sold? In short, do you have letters with dates on?
    Paying for uni to get a job... just to get a job to pay for uni
  • Hi

You say SLC told you that the loan had 'matured'... do you have a letter? Also when exactly did Erudio first contact you or you became aware the loan was sold? In short, do you have letters with dates on?

No but I'm sure I can get it. Ive actually instructed a solicitor as the risk to my biz/life is to great to get a CCJ. Didn't know until Friday, haven't lived at the address since March 2014 and Ive read just after this the loans got sold. Thank god for these forums over the weekend as I was in bits.
  • I know it is a great deal of reading but this thread alone should bring you up to speed. Very wise getting a solicitor. SLC telling you the loan had 'matured' is most strange. Not getting a notice of assignment is also very odd but not surprising.
    You really need to look at the terms and conditions of your agreement and work out a) if you have broken any of the agreements b) If Erudio have done so.
    Don't take anything they say as gospel. Ask for it in writing. A Subject Access Request would certainly be worth doing. It should show all communications they have attempted to make. Your solicitor should keep you right. Good luck.
    Paying for uni to get a job... just to get a job to pay for uni
  • Brooker_Dave
    Brooker_Dave Posts: 5,196 Forumite
    Lolalou76 wrote: »
    Tenant at old address says he has mail for me thats arrived yesterday, long and short of it is this is a County Court Claim from Drydan Fairfax on behalf of Erudio. which has not yet gone to judgment and i have just over two weeks as its start date is 15th March so I have 14 days past that and then another 14 days to pay the full balance or get a CCJ.

Drydan Fairfax can't issue a CCJ, only a court can, and only if you don't defend or lose.

Have you actually had any paperwork from a court?

If you have had paperwork from the court bang in a defence, then you've got months to prepare properly.
    "Love you Dave Brooker! x"

"i sent a letter headded sales of god act 1979"
  • Brooker_Dave
    Brooker_Dave Posts: 5,196 Forumite
    plong979 wrote: »
    Lolalou76, you're not alone with this as it's been seen on http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?352-Student-loans-SLC forum.

I'd check out the few top threads to get up to speed.

It does look like Erudio/Carval are trying to get defult CCJs by using old addresses.

Their dishonesty seems to be boundless.

Nobody said anything about this sort of behavior when we signed up to these loans with HMG...
    "Love you Dave Brooker! x"

"i sent a letter headded sales of god act 1979"
  • Hi

No I don't have a ccj I have a claim form from the court as instructed by Drydens. Have instructed a solicitor.

Maturing of loan is because the loan agreement time is because it has reached its 5 year (i.e. there are gaps in my deferment). According to Erudio but SLC did contact me about this is and my last payment to them was jan 2014.

Solicitor seems confident, he is getting CCA and other info from them to mount a defense if needed.

xx
  • Yes it does. Not checking electoral role for 3 years and not even the issuing a CC claim. Disgusting

Have you heard of more cases?

xx
  • Thank you :) xx
  • Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Lolalou76 wrote: »
    Maturing of loan is because the loan agreement time is because it has reached its 5 year (i.e. there are gaps in my deferment). According to Erudio but SLC did contact me about this is and my last payment to them was jan 2014.

You need to check the wording carefully, as there is no such thing as "maturing" of these loans. They might have defaulted you for not paying since 2014, but they don't mature.
  • Does anyone have a history of the earnings thresholds since Erudio bought the loans. I need to file a complaint with the FOS and prove my earnings history against the limits.
    Thanks in advance.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure