Debt-Free wanna be vs Maternity pay. Determined to stay on track.

Options

Comments

• enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My daughter and son in law shop at Aldis for the nappies. When we childmind our 18 month granddaughter though she loves coming to Waitrose with us but then we are just picking up a few bits usually and then coffee and cake at the cafe. Nice wide aisles for her to toddle down lol :)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Waitrose do some great vegetarian food but yes they can be expensive. My elder daughter is vegetarian so we always pick up a few bits for her when she visits.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Sounds lovely. DS 1 is a very active child and ds2 is very unpredictable so I don't dare risk it. Plus it's a 40 miles to the closed supermarket so the £4 delivery charger per month makes it cheaper than driving. I now want coffe and a cake though :0)
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    P.s I love hearing about grandparents looking after grandkids my parents both still work so can't help but I'd love a bit of a break if they could also it's so nice to know they are being looked after by someone who loves them as much as you do. Very lucky little girl xx
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • chelseablue
    chelseablue Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    40 miles to the closest supermarket :eek: now in that situation I would def be getting it delivered.

Do Asda deliver to your area? That's where we used to go before we moved town
  • chelseablue
    Options
    P.s I love hearing about grandparents looking after grandkids my parents both still work so can't help but I'd love a bit of a break if they could also it's so nice to know they are being looked after by someone who loves them as much as you do. Very lucky little girl xx

I agree it is wonderful if grandparents are available.

Our son goes to nursery tues, weds, thurs but on a Monday and Friday he's with Nanny & Grandad.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    My two daughters were born 17 months apart and I did my shopping at 8 o clock in the evening when my DH returned from work and the girls in bed. Couldn't face dragging them round supermarkets and no online shopping then so think you are sensible to go down the Tesco delivery route. £4 a month is very MSE

I say to my daughters now they are 29 and 30 they have all this choice with shopping and delivery of everything from food to takeaways, cat food, nappies etc. I don't think Aldis does online shops though do they?
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options

Yes we love having her and look after her one day a week minimum when my DD works part time and her other granny has her another day and she also goes to nursery. We all live in the same town and my DD and son in law are actually buying a house in our road so we will be in very close walking distance :) saves some childcare for DD and SIL. A shame your DPs aren't in position to help out. What about your ILs? Could they babysit?
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    I agree it is wonderful if grandparents are available.

Our son goes to nursery tues, weds, thurs but on a Monday and Friday he's with Nanny & Grandad.

We do the same. We have our granddaughter Monday and her other grandparents have her Friday and she goes to nursery Tues, Wednesday and Thursday. My DD only works 5 hours each day so not a full day anyway. Great way to bond with grandchildren and help your children out at same time.
  • chelseablue
    Options
    We do the same. We have our granddaughter Monday and her other grandparents have her Friday and she goes to nursery Tues, Wednesday and Thursday. My DD only works 5 hours each day so not a full day anyway. Great way to bond with grandchildren and help your children out at same time.

We both work full time so they get the pleasure of a 2 year old all day :rotfl:

It helps us out hugely as we only have to pay for 3 days nursery (and just the 3 days a week is £860 a month :eek:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure