Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    bubbs wrote: »
    It wouldnt be the meat balls but will look at others , thanks xx
    Edit actually i see there 100% meat so could use for cottage pie , there is no sauce or anything with them is there?

No sauce at all. They go well in a pasta bake or with a sauce for pasta. They make a lovely cottage pie, albeit bitesize pieces. :rotfl::rotfl:

Is this anywhere near you? NN2 7JJ

https://freepostcodelottery.com/?reminder=cbb14721-d102-11e6-9fd5-00163e6ac872
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Just 2 miles down the road so near enough to keep an eye on our house refurb. TBH, I'm used to living on a building site, this is the 4th renovation we've done. The last one we did we moved out while they crashed it out, the first 2 we lived through it. Much easier for the builders if we move out and this time time we defo can't stay here while it's being done :rotfl:

How exciting, I do love doing houses up. Enjoy the journey x
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    rose28454 wrote: »
    Just back in my hotel room. Went home and hung out the towels I had washed at Mums and they dried before the weather changed. I went around having the house and got down a few cobwebs ( don't want the assessor thinking i'm a complete slob.) Lounge carpet very wet still but I took up all the towels as I don't want it to dry out completely before he comes. Noticed when I left the lounge door wont close now as it is obviously warped by the water. Kitchen , hall and shower ceilings in a bad way and my bedroom wall and the stair wall very damp. I had most of the windows open when I was there to let some air in.
    Booked the hotel for tommorow night but if he says I can go home I can cancel up to 1.00pm.
    Just reading Sunday papers and relaxing now I have had a throbbing head all day.

I know it is traumatic, but it will have the positive effect of most of your house being redecorated/furnished. x
  • neas
    neas Posts: 3,801 Forumite
    So bad day today, fell foul of the £100 per household limit on one sharpie shop....

Also had 9 sharpies refunded, but only one of them has come through on the email. So not only will I not be compensated for them with an apg... I will have paid £41 and got no sharpies!.

So stuck what to do!

I'm guessing to beat household limit you have to have a different address, but then your credit card might not work..
  • xxlouisexx56
    xxlouisexx56 Posts: 2,267 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Evening!

Had to do a quick trip to Norfolk yesterday afternoon to drop some things off to my SIL, which is 3 hours away! She took us to Toby carvery for dinner and we took the kids to the sea front for ice cream and arcades.

This morning I went to JustMas's store to relieve them of sharpies. Also had a CC! Lol!

Home again now after a long drive!
  • hampydoodums
    hampydoodums Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    How exciting, I do love doing houses up. Enjoy the journey x

Thank you :D
    neas wrote: »
    So bad day today, fell foul of the £100 per household limit on one sharpie shop....

Also had 9 sharpies refunded, but only one of them has come through on the email. So not only will I not be compensated for them with an apg... I will have paid £41 and got no sharpies!.

So stuck what to do!

I'm guessing to beat household limit you have to have a different address, but then your credit card might not work..

If you've only had one refunded surely they can check their stock levels and see they have 8 more than they should do. I would definitely get in touch with them
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,915 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    rose28454 wrote: »
    Just back in my hotel room. Went home and hung out the towels I had washed at Mums and they dried before the weather changed. I went around having the house and got down a few cobwebs ( don't want the assessor thinking i'm a complete slob.) Lounge carpet very wet still but I took up all the towels as I don't want it to dry out completely before he comes. Noticed when I left the lounge door wont close now as it is obviously warped by the water. Kitchen , hall and shower ceilings in a bad way and my bedroom wall and the stair wall very damp. I had most of the windows open when I was there to let some air in.
    Booked the hotel for tommorow night but if he says I can go home I can cancel up to 1.00pm.
    Just reading Sunday papers and relaxing now I have had a throbbing head all day.
    Bet you will be glad when they have been tomorrow, least you will no more, good luckx
    Just 2 miles down the road so near enough to keep an eye on our house refurb. TBH, I'm used to living on a building site, this is the 4th renovation we've done. The last one we did we moved out while they crashed it out, the first 2 we lived through it. Much easier for the builders if we move out and this time time we defo can't stay here while it's being done :rotfl:

Rose I'm so sorry to read about your flood, I really feel for you. Let's hope it gets sorted out real soon and you can get back to normal :)
    Oh thats good you are quite near:T
    MKS wrote: »
    No sauce at all. They go well in a pasta bake or with a sauce for pasta. They make a lovely cottage pie, albeit bitesize pieces. :rotfl::rotfl:

Is this anywhere near you? NN2 7JJ

https://freepostcodelottery.com/?reminder=cbb14721-d102-11e6-9fd5-00163e6ac872
    Oh might get some then:D
    Not far its near hubbys work:D so could be someone that works there
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • neas
    neas Posts: 3,801 Forumite
    Thank you :D

If you've only had one refunded surely they can check their stock levels and see they have 8 more than they should do. I would definitely get in touch with them

I've rung them and they will get back to me tomorrow. Still annoying.

Would like some tips over the household business as thought an email change would do it ... oops.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,915 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Todays baking
    Bakewell type tray bake
    baking%20010_zpskzxdwsqp.jpg
    Fruit baking%20012_zpstysjuwpt.jpgcake one for us , one for customer tomorrow
    Quiche as i had eggs and bacon and few mushrooms that needed using
    baking%20008_zpsi7t464w7.jpg
    And finally these yorkies for tea with roast beef and veg
    baking%20013_zpsm22okatg.jpg
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • hampydoodums
    hampydoodums Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    bubbs wrote: »
    Todays baking
    Bakewell type tray bake
    baking%20010_zpskzxdwsqp.jpg
    Fruit baking%20012_zpstysjuwpt.jpgcake one for us , one for customer tomorrow
    Quiche as i had eggs and bacon and few mushrooms that needed using
    baking%20008_zpsi7t464w7.jpg
    And finally these yorkies for tea with roast beef and veg
    baking%20013_zpsm22okatg.jpg

I love your cooking and baking bubbs, looks absolutely delicious bet it's right tasty straight from the oven :D
    neas wrote: »
    I've rung them and they will get back to me tomorrow. Still annoying.

Would like some tips over the household business as thought an email change would do it ... oops.

Anon posted earlier about this in answer to someone else's query, see below
    Anon wrote: »
    For home delivery and C&C it has to be real details, in my view, as it has a real payment method linked to it (the j store apg is different as there is no need to link to a real address). I think those who have access to more than one account are ordering for family who live at the same address or elsewhere.

The challenge is some people have had the APG link their real accounts and enforce the limit across.

Hth

Anon
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills