Options

Comments

• CookieMonsta
    CookieMonsta Posts: 296 Forumite
    edited 25 February 2014 at 10:00PM
    Options
    I'm in again!

February's PP List;

[STRIKE]1. Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Foundation in Porcelain Beige[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]2. Mon Savon Blueberry Shower Gel[/STRIKE]
    3. Liz Earle C & P
    4. 17 Pressed Powder
    [STRIKE]5. Gem Spa Amethyst Body Lotion[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]6. OTT Whipped Creme Conditioner[/STRIKE]
    7. Superdrug Radiance Hot Cloth Cleanser
    [STRIKE]8. Vaseline Hand Cream[/STRIKE]
    9. Soap & Glory Hand Wash
    10. Soap & Glory Hand Food
    [STRIKE]11. Nivea Happy Time Deodorant [/STRIKE]

I tend to hoard shower gels and hot cloth cleansers.

My make-up collection is small and would fit into a shoebox so I might treat myself this month!
    Decluttering 2015: 2162/2015
  • WizzyPop
    WizzyPop Posts: 88 Forumite
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    Wizzypop

Just in case you don't go back into Jan thread, check the post at the end I sent to you, :D:D

Thankyou everyone for your advice on the EA cream, will pop to the SA counters for samples on Monday when i have a day off and see if it is suitable.

Thanks KT2802 for starting the thread, i'm in again for another month :p possibily a few years too to be honest.:o

MY PP list for Feb
    Nivea body 250ml
    Tesco pink body spray 75ml
    Morrisons Lilac 1Ltr
    Mum roll on 50ml
    Avon Anew Rejuvenate Day cream 50ml
    Avon Anew Rejuvenate Night cream 50ml
    Garnier ultra Lift Samples
    Foot works Avon pedi peel pads
    Baylis & Harding Foot Soak Crystals
    Imperial Leather Bar of Soap

I have changed a few items on the PP list since January because they seemed to be really LHJs that are somewhat unrealistic, still focusing on the mountain of creams tho :cool:

Happy Bubbles all
  • SarahB1989_2
    Options
    Count me in for another month :) Hopefully will have no need to buy anything but toothpaste, will be locking the Boots card away so I can't be tempted.

Had a genius moment this morning and started using the foundation that I'd stuck back in my stash as too dark as a contouring product instead. Else it'll sit there til summer by which time I'll have my eye on a different one!
    New graduate trying to get debt-free.
    Make £5/day challenge: August £84.08/155
    I owe £5400 (plus £
    34,000 Student Finance)

• Clutterfree
    Clutterfree Posts: 3,678 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    ****WARNING - ENABLING POST!!!!!****

Argos are selling Vaseline Lip therapy tins at just 49p in store.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3587726.htm

Luckily, I am stocked up.

Not sure if there are different varieties or not.
    :heart: Ageing is a privilege not everyone gets.
  • Clutterfree
    Options
    KT2802 wrote: »
    Morning ladies.
    Clutterfree I saw that Hydraluron is on offer in Boots too, good saving on it. What difference does it make to your skin would you say? I am just thinking about whether it would help my skin or not :rotfl: can't resist a good offer.

Saying that, I am planning on no INS for Feb unless it is something I need. I may allow myself to buy the Hydraluron as I don't currently use a serum but I'm not sure that I need to.

It depends if you suffer from dry or dehydrated skin.
    Since using it my skin just feels so much smoother. The only dry skin I have had was when I had an allergic reaction to an eye cream.
    To get through winter without parched skin is great for me.

I do like my serums but hate the silicone ones, this isn't like that at all and I think I use less moisturiser when I use Hydraluron too.

I think Maddie also uses it, so perhaps she will give you her view on it too.

PS. How are you getting on with the Pixi tonic?
  • CookieMonsta
    CookieMonsta Posts: 296 Forumite
    edited 1 February 2014 at 2:44PM
    Options

This is a great deal but I bought a big 500g pot of petroleum jelly from a pound shop/99p shop about 5 years ago and it's still going strong. It's exactly the same stuff unless you like the flavoured ones (I don't really).

I just fill up my little vaseline lip therapy tin now and then from the big tub :) :money:
    Decluttering 2015: 2162/2015
  • Clutterfree
    Options
    I love the rosy lips one Cookie as it gives a hint of pink.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks KT for starting this month's thread.
    kadison wrote: »
    My totals for January are....

INs = 83
    NBIs = 3

UUs = 19
    SOLD = 27
    GA/TA = 8

Total IN 86, total OUT 54 = 32 up on December :eek:

Wow, that's an impressive number of OUTs kadison.
    Thanks for the new thread KT2802.

I'm in for the long haul! I'm aiming for no bought ins this month, my bday is next week so I can't promise no ins at all ;)

It's my birthday this month too so there will be INs in the form of gifts (MrM is buying me my favourite Decleor Herbal Clay Mask of which I have absolutely none at the moment so will be a nice addition to the stash). Am also hoping that I'll get a gift card from work like last year so that I can put it towards the new Smashbox eyeshadow pallette.

We're off to the Trafford Centre tomorrow (although the main reason it to try and get some discounted skiwear for Emma's Iceland trip) and I'm definitely going to go into L'occitane and pick up the handcreams. I will also buy some more Foot cream and Aftershave Balm for MrM using the 15% off voucher. I'm going to buy myself the YSL mascara that I've been lusting over all of Jan. Have £20.50 in my jar towards this.

January Totals:-
    INS:
    Boots Royal Jelly handwash and body lotion bought on the sale for £4.00 instead of £8.00 so equates to £2.00 a piece. Am taking these into work on Monday to replace the LE hand wash and various hand creams I have UUed (will report these last two on the Feb page as they went this morning). So am happy to report that these were not unnecessary purchases as I'm using them practically straight away. Am hoping they are OK. The handwash has SLS in it so hoping it doesn't irritate the sensitive skin on my hands.

Aussie Shampoo x 2 and Conditioner x 1 - 3 for £10.00. I had run out of shampoo totally and always buy Aussie "in bulk" when on offer. Before I bought this extra conditioner I had the following in my stash: Aussie Shine 250ml, Mark Hill Straigthening Conditioner 75ml and Tresemme Reconstructing Conditioner so I suppose not too bad. Will have to try and remember next time I need shampoo to buy 3 x shampoo and no more conditioner.

Total spend : £14.00

OUTS: 26 with only one being a give away, the rest were UUs. This month so the end of one PP list and I also shifted half of my next allotted list.

Have three UUs to report this morning already from my PP list too:-

Vaseline Hand cream - was donated to me by a colleague at work. Didn't like this at all. Felt greasy on application. Absorbed too quickly. Applied more to find that I had applied too much and my hands became sticky. Have finished it off on my arms this morning after my shower to get rid. Would not buy this.

TBS Cranberry Joy hand cream - was donated to me by Emma and I suspect it's been hanging around the house for well over a year. Smelt funny from the outset and towards the end of the tube smelt like vinegar. Finished it off my legs this morning after my shower to get rid. Would not buy this.

Elemis Neck and Bust Cream. I love this product but it's so expensive to buy in the full size. I only ever have the travel sized tubes and have another one in my stash. Am going to keep it for my holidays so I can use it after sun exposure.

My PP list looks like this now:-

[STRIKE]Elemis Pro Collagen Marine Cleanser
    TBS Seaweed Toner
    Vaseline hand cream
    TBS Cranberry Joy hand cream
    LE Orange Flower hand wash[/STRIKE]
    L'Occitane Verbena body scrub
    [STRIKE]Molten Brown Ylang Ylang shower gel
    Molten Brown Ylang Ylang body lotion[/STRIKE]
    NSPA BB Cream
    [STRIKE]Elemis Neck and Bust Cream[/STRIKE]

Of the last 2 items I reckon the BB cream will be next to go. It's making the pht sound and TBH it smells a bit funny. Not having adverse reaction to it so will persevere until the end.

The body scrub I reckon has a good week or so worth of product left in it.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

I love the rosy lips one Cookie as it gives a hint of pink.

I bought the big tins containing 3 of these on the Sainsbury's sale at New Year and from memory probably paid the equivalent of this for three so thankfully I am stocked up as well.

I'm using the rosy one at the moment too. I find them a little greasy though so have to use only a tiny amount at a time. Quite MSE I suppose.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • Parisian
    Parisian Posts: 409 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you KT for starting us off this month! :)
    I am using Hydraluron at the mo - it definitely plumps my skin, but I find it a bit tacky when applied straight on the skin. However, when I use another Indeed Labs product called Pepta Bright (improves brightness of complexion) first then Hydraluron on top (as recommended by Caroline Hirons) it no longer feels tacky and I have really noticed a difference in my complexion. Would recommend.

sunshineyday - what do you think of the Liz Earle hair oil? I have long hair that needs a bit of oil on the ends to keep it looking healthy. I've used up all my oils and am improvising with the remaining serum in my stash but it's just not doing the trick. I tried the Liz Earle one in store - it felt a little greasy on my hands but my hair defo appreciated it. How have you found it if you have been using it yourself?

Minicooper272 - I don't think I will ever finish my lip balm stash, how did you achieve this amazing position?! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure