MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Comments

• Mrs_T_M
    Mrs_T_M Posts: 2,039 Forumite
    Timeflies wrote: »
    Mrs T_M - I'm probably not the best to ask about hospital bag packing - I've packed a lot!!! Maybe it's best to put it all into bags ready for the hospital, just in case, then you can retrieve things from them at home too?

I want to keep them separate, because if we start pulling things out of bags at home, then have to rush to hospital, I'll be without lots of bits.
    Baby Dale
    26th January 2014 - Forever in our hearts
    :A
    Eli Gabriel 19th February 2015
    :j
  • Hi all,

Our little princess have arrived on 10 dec 2014 through elective c section weighing 8 pounds. She is so beautiful and we all are in love with her.

I had to formula feed her as my milk did not come. I m planning to buy a breast pump to help my milk come in. Will it be of help can anyone advice please.
    Saving goal for BTL mortgage - 28600 / 60000 ( July 2021) , 37600/60000 (December 2021) , 39300 / 60000 (august 2022) , 41000/60000 ( January 2023)
  • Congrats too old. Hope you are recovering well. I am starting to feel human now after the section and have not needed painkillers for a good few days, if I do paracetamol is enough.

As for milk I am not sure, I would be tempted to call https://www.laleche.org.uk/node . They were really helpful when I had problems with my first baby.

All the best with the new addition, I am in bed having had a nanna nap and now I'm having snuggles with my boy. Xx
  • Congrats loveactually - that's brilliant news.:beer:

I can't recommend these from experience, as baby hasn't arrived yet, but I have bought these, which I'm hoping will help with breast feeding:
    http://www.johnlewis.com/lansinoh-therapearl-3-in-1-breast-therapy-pack/p231656526?sku=231656526&kpid=231656526&s_kenid=6d1e8608-a63c-2389-9bcd-000042b91bed&s_kwcid=403x158248&tmad=c&tmcampid=73&kpid=231656526

Enjoy your sleepy snuggles mr_knight!

I had my nursing bra fitting today - always been a B cup, so check me out in my DD over the shoulder boulder holders! :j That was the last thing I needed for my hospital bag :eek:
  • DUE DATE LIST
    1. b_girl - 30th November 2014
    2. Shorty1978 - 24 December 2014 ?
    3. Island.girl- 25th December ?
    4. Timeflies - Boxing Day 2014:xmastree:?
    5. alice31 - 29 December 2014 ?
    6. freshstart11- 4 January 2015
    7. lotti1982- 21 January 2015 :male:
    8. Nicky Noo Na - 11 February 2015 ?
    9. sulphate - 12 February 2015 ?
    10. fuzzipeg - 14th February 2015:male: (delivery w/c 31/1/15)
    11. Estateprincess - 15th February 2015 ?
    12. Mrs_T_M - 24th February 2015 ?
    When you see this post do your pelvic floor exercises

Hospital Bag List here
    Supplement List and Dosage here

BIRTH LIST - Within the last month
    :female: view - Adeleine was born on 18 November at 9.11am weighing 6lb 15oz
    :male: freebiequennie James was born on 20 November
    :male: tia86 Born on 27 November
    :female: angeltreats - Born on 27 November
    :male: mr_knight Born on 2 December
    :male: Toooldforthis (again) - Jacob 4 December
    :female:Loveactually - 10 December 2014

PROBABLY GIVEN BIRTH BUT TOO WORN OUT TO LOG ON LIST

Impulse1976 -
    4th November 2014?[/COLOR]
    [*]runmichellerun - 25th November 2014 :female:

Allow 2 weeks after EDD before transferring to this list (Max 6 weeks)

CONTRACTION MASTER TIMER

Please post your birth stories here when you have time/energy

Congrats to all babies born and all new mums! Hello to all newbies and get well to all those under the weather. Also hope all with worries get them sorted.

• We were eventually discharged from hospital late last night. It was quiet a traumatic birth with blood transfusions and special care visits! I was in hospital for 12 days and Jacob being on HDU for 4 days and low dependency for 4 days. As I had excess fluid baby had fluid on his lungs then jaundice and then he had lost too much weight! We have to monitor his food intake and nappies and hopefully it won't come back.
    I'm struggling to feed him myself as he will latch on but won't suckle. I hired a breast pump and have been expressing for him and hopefully get some help soon.
    We are totally in awe of our little miracle x
    If you can’t look on the bright side,
    I will sit with you in the dark
  • sulphate
    sulphate Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    Toooldforthisagain, Loveactually and angeltreats, congratulations on the arrivals of your little bundles. Toooldforthisagain glad you are home now what a relief and special time for you after all that time in hospital.

Timeflies I feel the same about the hospital bags! Getting a nice changing bag for Christmas and will start packing after that. Then it might happen soon after that! :eek: I didn't have an exam - I remember someone else talking about it though but can't remember who!

mr_knight nice to see an update from you :)

The list is getting very short now, as everyone is having babies! :eek:

Had a bit of a busy week. First antenatal class was on Tuesday, I was skeptical but it was actually very good. Then Wednesday I had horrible pain which came on just before I left work and wouldn't go away :( I went home and lay down which didn't help, and hadn't felt baby move much so long story short went to the hospital and they hooked me up to the CTG monitor. Everything was fine but they wanted me to have a growth scan! which was this morning. I was surprised that that's their policy after just one episode but everything was fine with that too, baby is totally average. I was worried that all the other women in my antenatal class seemed to be bigger but they said not to compare yourself with others. They also said the other night that I should eat more carbs (!) as they found ketones in a sample, and the sonographer said today that I might be putting on baby weight but not extra fat so... I guess I need to eat more. Never been told that before!

Plus it was nice to see baby again :j
  • Glad everything turned out ok at the hospital sulphate, sounds like a worrying time. Have fun eating more carbs!

I am an idiot, I meant shorty1978 with the exam - oop :D

Hope you get some help today with breast feeding toooldforthis, the midwife usually comes to you on your first day home (so they tell me).

I'm feeling a bit panicky now baby could come any time :eek: I keep thinking, don't come yet, I haven't put all the baby clothes away nicely or cut back the hedges.... Have also been panic buying a few things we might/might not need... nipple shields, bottle steriliser, can't decide if you need some baby toiletries, or if water is fine...
  • Well I have 5 mins to write a quick birth story.

I was all down to have a natural delivery. I saw my consultant on the Monday as I was concerned about baby being back to back. He felt he could move but unfortunately when he gave me an internal he decided a natural was too risky and I was booked in for a cs the next day. I was gutted and terrified as I was all ready for a natural. I had so many mild complications which added up and overall it was safer to have a cs.

Anyway went to theatre and had spinal (anethasist was fab with me as I was so frightened). I can only assume there was a painkiller in the spinal as I went a bit funny and they had to quickly get my husband in. He calmed me down and baby was pulled out. He was a bit stuck due to his head being in such an awkward position but out he came. He was dressed so no skin to skin and then we had cuddles. He was then taken to special care for 24 hours. Although I missed him he was brought to me for feeds which was amazing and the next day he was back with me.

My iron levels were super low and I was meant to have a transfusion but didn't (no idea why I didnt) The result was me leaving hospital on day 4 so ill I don't remember it. Midwife saw me that day and was amazed I was discharged. Anyway recovered better at home with lots of iron rich food and medicine.

Baby sleeps all day and is up all night but we are totally in love and he is a real mummy's boy. Recovery from c-section is not as bad as I thought and I am pretty mobile I think.

One tip to pack in hospital bag is straws, really helpful if you can't sit up to drink.

To old glad you are all home. Hope you are recovering and getting lots of cuddles :)
  • Thanks for sharing mr_knight - glad you're not feeling as bad as expected after the Caesarean. Just finishing my hospital bag(s) now - straws going in!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure