Talkmobile - cannot "View My Bill" - for cashback - blank page

Comments

• Midnight_Tboy
    Midnight_Tboy Posts: 443 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    still no address or full names info showing up on the bills :( Wonder how long this is going to go on for!!
  • I emailed them yesterday (via their 'Contact us' webpage) to complain, and they've already replied to say that they will send out a paper bill on this occasion. "This will be free of charge due to the current issues." How kind!
  • Midnight_Tboy
    yeah I had the same for both my numbers. I'll be keeping an eye on the bill tho to make sure they don't decide to charge it anyway

and more faffing about having to wait til get into work once they come and get them scanned in etc
  • imposter
    imposter Posts: 791 Forumite
    edited 13 May 2013 at 10:17PM
    This is infuriating. Carphone Wh*rehouse go and offer "improvements" to the online billing interface and proceed to leave out useful features that previously existed, like the ability to download bills complete with full name and address!

How NOT to do I.T.

I've submitted a copy of the online bill (without address) to mobiles.co.uk and will let you know what they say. Their contact page is currently down, so I can't ask them for a complimentary paper copy of my bill. GRRRRRR
    Elite 5:2 #54 12/13 lbs (18 Jan) 1st Target :j
  • Midnight_Tboy
    I've just logged in and tried again - the NEW bill for this month shows up fine, however the previous months bill (typically the ones needed for both my accounts) are still missing the address info. So it looks like historical bills are not going to be fixed.

Still waiting on my 'posted' statements that they were going to send out, but in meantime just thought sod it (as its on around day 35 out of the 60 day limit), and attached for cashback the pdfs of the online bills sent in and see what happens
  • michaelwww wrote: »
    I emailed them yesterday (via their 'Contact us' webpage) to complain, and they've already replied to say that they will send out a paper bill on this occasion. "This will be free of charge due to the current issues." How kind!

I finally received the paper bill today, and it shows the address and all other details required for a cashback claim.

Why not email as I did? Even if the staff member who responds doesn't send a paper bill for you, at least you have proof that you challenged them over the problem.

I've done cashback claims from CPW for years, and this problem doesn't surprise me. I wouldn't just send a bill without address, as you're giving them the excuse they want to bounce your claim.
  • I had the same problems when trying to view mine.
    Tried on pc at work and was at least able to print a hard copy to scan and send.
    My other issue was on mobiles.co.uk site under my account, when I checked my cashback schedule for bills to send it said that mine wasn't available for cashback at that point. So I checked a month or so later and it said the same.
    I should have been suspicious and known better.
    I found my original purchase details and found that I'd gone past my first claim of 6 months even though my account on site was telling me different.
    My own stupid fault - they do like to use any excuse!!
    My favourite of theirs, after I had sent them back their own emails about a previous disagreement, was that I had 'highlighted' their own contradictions in their email.
    Their reply (8 days later - standard) said unfortunately their system didn't allow them to see/read highlighted text !!
    They are a joke and will use any minor issue - real or fabricated - to not pay you your valid claim.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    As always, ignore everything but the t&c at the point of sale; subsequent emails/instructions AND on-linecharts are often wrong and the only thing that counts is what it said on the tin (i.e. at the point of sale).

As soon as any CPW clone fails to follow those take i mmediate action and they will stop playing games (at least on that particular claim). They can only get away with anything when you let them.
  • Midnight_Tboy
    yeah I always keep a copy and go by the original info from time I ordered.

I submitted the pdfs (with the missing info from the website) however many days ago now. Supposedly should receive a confirm or deny within 14 days from that time.

If all approved then great, if not then closer to time I'll have to scan and email the paper copies in (which were soaking wet and bit smudged in places thanks to the postman!!)

At least its not like old claims in the past...where if you fail a claim the first time round thats it.....can resubmit so long as within the 60days (I'm on around day 40 now....wish never left it so long before started chasing it up tho)
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    If it's BEEN 14 days follow it up NOW!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills